I know these are older names, but...

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2005, 11:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have always wanted to name my daughter after my grandmothers: Theresa and Louise but my DH thinks they're too 'old'. I know the names are a little older but some ppl are going back and using older names despite the fact they are old b/c they're more different.

What do you think of Theresa Louise? Is there anything I could shorten them to by changing them slightly to make them more modern but keeping in essence where they come from?

Thanks

February 21st, 2005, 01:54 PM
RandomRobot's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like Louise, its a lovely name. I'm not to fussed on Theresa but thats just my opinion, its a pretty common name here, a couple of my friends were christianed Theresa but they go by the nicknames Tess.

Whatever you chose will be lovely!
February 21st, 2005, 02:53 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hmm,,,,, I will look around for you for any names that are similar to Theresa and Louise. I like the idea of the baby being named Theresa and called Tess. Tess is a very cute name.

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

February 21st, 2005, 05:20 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
theresa isn't really an old name. I had a friend growing up named theresa. I'm only 19, so that wasn't that long ago.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
February 22nd, 2005, 05:31 AM
Lilah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love "older names". Although I agree with everyone else that I wouldn't group Theresa into that category. I do love the name Louise though. I actually have an "older name" as well - Lilah. And I love that I don't know a million other Lilah's.
February 22nd, 2005, 07:51 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What about Tessa for the first name instead of Theresa?? Tessa Louise.

Angie

=May '05 and '11

February 22nd, 2005, 08:29 AM
Super Mommy
I like it! Louise does sound old to me, but it makes a great middle name. Theresa is a nice name, and not old at all. I like the idea of nicknaming her Tess.

February 22nd, 2005, 11:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
See that's just the thing. I'm not struck on Tess or Tessa so I wouldn't want her to fall into that nickname category.

I didn't realize that ppl thought Theresa wasn't that old. Didn't know it was really used as of late...good to know

Yes, I find Louise an older name, that's why I'd go for the middle name on that one.

Thanks you guys!

Love your name, Lilah!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search