What do you think about names ending the same in sibsets?

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2009, 07:45 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
For example--- here's a sibset: Landon, Jayden, and Declan. Do you think it sounds bad because they all have two syllables and end in -n????

Do you think a sibset such as Gabriella, Sophia, and Natalia would sound bad because they're all ending in A's??

Would you prefer a sibset that has all different ending sounds such as Carter, Amelia, and Natalie?

Will you work towards a sibset where all the names have a different ending sound or will you not care?

July 21st, 2009, 07:50 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
well if i didnt LOVE Harlow as much as i did.. i probably wouldnt use all H's for a first letter.. but my two last kids will (well if girl/boy) will end in the sound of O.. but Harlow with the W at the end i guess isnt what ur asking? LOL... i duno..

but my mom named all my sisters and i with the ending of A..

Natasha
Amanda
Alicia
Mikella
Lianna

and i actually really like it TBH.. i think its cute..

i rather names that connect some how than to have names that dont connect if that makes sense?
July 21st, 2009, 07:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think Landon, Jayden and Declan sound good together, however I wouldn't use them because they are all so popular right now.

Gabriella Sophia and Natalia sound really good in my opinion and I love those names.

I don't care if my children's names have a different sounding ending. Right now the sibset would be:

Beldon
Natasha (Tasha/Stacy)
Zoe
William (Liam)
Lucinda (Lucy)
Elizabeth (Lizzie/Bethy)

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
July 21st, 2009, 07:57 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
wow. where did u get Stacy for a NM of Natasha? LOL ive never heard of that one before!
July 21st, 2009, 09:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think the ending in A is okay but I'm not a fan of Landon,Jayden, because it's to alike.

but Gabriella/Natalia is fine...now if you wanted Gabriella and Isabella I'd say it's too close.

July 22nd, 2009, 12:26 AM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
Names ending in A for girls are so popular and they can sound so different from each other despite ending in the same lettter (like the 5 sister sibset listed above). So, I think that's perfectly fine.

Again, names ending in the -en sound are so popular and the names can sound so different from each other, that I think it's fine to have more than one child with the same -en sound. I would prefer Harrison, Owen, and Lillian though to Landon, Jayden, and Declan because the former set are more different in # of syllables, same sound and/or letter doesn't repeat in the non EN syllable, there are nn options for 2 of them (if the child doesn't like having a name similiar to his/her siblings), and the like.

I feel the same way about names ending in the long EE sound. There are so many of them, I think a Henry, Katie, and Sophie sibset sounds just fine.

Now, two -ella names? No, I think those are too close. Two -lyn names? No. Scott and Brett? No. Garrett and Bennett? No. I've listed my three exceptions to rhyming (or almost rhyming) names above. -a, -en, and -ee.
July 22nd, 2009, 01:38 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I actually quite like them all ending the same

July 22nd, 2009, 04:10 AM
aprilmiracle's Avatar Single Mom to Birk
I think it absolutely depends on the full name, and not neccesarily the ending letter. You can't always avoid it, but my cousin named his kids the following:

Anthony
Kimberly
Jeremy
Zachary

IMO that is too much.

July 22nd, 2009, 05:14 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For me it depends... I really don't like matchy sibsets, especially for close in age or the same gender siblings... For example I'm cheryl, with a Shannon sister, and it was frusturating and obnoxious for me. So we won't use anything close for our kiddos.

July 22nd, 2009, 05:37 AM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
I don't mind it as long as they aren't too matchy. I think names can end in the same sound and not be too similar (ex: Hailey and Kimberly).
July 22nd, 2009, 05:58 AM
IAmMomMomIAm
My best friend's nephews (from one sibling) are: Cristian, Gavin, Ethan, Tiernan, Keegan.

I think I like that they all match.

Would I aim for it myself? No.. but if it started it accidentally I might aim to finish it (just like my L dilema). I was considering using an -en name for baby 3.. then Luke and Lauren match, and Lauren and Morgan match.
July 22nd, 2009, 06:47 AM
KirstyB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If the all had the same ending or none at all then I'd be fine with that but it bug me if two of my children has names ended in -er and the other one had a name ended in -ey.
Baby #4: Due 16/09/14
July 22nd, 2009, 08:00 AM
Hey There's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wouldn't care as long as I loved the name. I'm not a fan of matchy sibsets but as long as the whole names don't sound too much alike like Ella and Emma or Isla and Ava, I don't think ending the same is that big of a deal.
July 22nd, 2009, 10:11 AM
M&RsMom's Avatar Mama to silly boys
Send a message via AIM to M&RsMom
I think it can be cute if the names are different enough. I have a friend with Gavin, Darian, Raegan and Cohen....they all end in the -en sounds.

Right now I have Miles and Rhys who both end in -s I'm thinking I might stick with it if I have another boy

July 22nd, 2009, 10:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I like names to match, so I think those girl names sound good together. I do think it depends on if you are going to shorten them though.

MEG, mama to Blake (11/18/08) and Hudson (08/11/10)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search