If you could change your name

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2009, 05:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
what would you change it to and why?

>
July 22nd, 2009, 10:03 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
That's kind of hard as I'm so used to my name. But, if I could change my name, I'd probably go for Jocelyn Kate. It's beautiful with several nn options.
July 22nd, 2009, 10:05 PM
Wednesday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mom orginally wanted to call me Fair but decided against it. I would change it to that since I hate the name she gave me instead (Amanda).

July 22nd, 2009, 10:16 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never been a big fan of Cortney.
I'd choose something classic like Elizabeth or Anna, maybe Claire.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

July 22nd, 2009, 10:25 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
Something short and simple... lol.. I don't know why when I named my daughter a fancy name. Something like Claire, Kate, Reese, Elle, etc...

July 23rd, 2009, 12:30 AM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
i actually used to HAATTTEEEE my name when i was younger, because i was a tomboy and hated to be called something so girly, Natasha LOL

but now.. i LOOVVEEE my name.. i dont find to many Natashas, and when i do.. i wont hear of one for YEARS to come.. its not a name that every other person has KWIM lol

so if i could change my name.. i would still keep it.. esp because my mom has had my named picked out since she was a little girl playing dolls, so it means a lot to both her and i

and my middle name is after my grandmothers misscariage/stillborn ( i dont know which it was).. but she lost the baby because of a bomb or some sort of very loud noise.. it was during WW2 and they were in Holland
July 23rd, 2009, 04:43 AM
MaggieLizer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love the name Michele. Even though it is pretty common I don't know too many others, and spelling it with one "l" makes it a little different. I just think it's really pretty. My middle name is Marie and even though it's pretty I think it's too common for a mn (it's also my sister's and cousins mn). I actually dropped when I got married and just go by my maiden as a mn.
I think if I could change my name I would change it to Winter Elaine. It's different and I love Winter as a girls name. I was born at the end of winter and I just think it suits me. I've really liked the name Elaine for a while now too and I think its great as a mn.

July 23rd, 2009, 06:41 AM
Flash 49's Avatar Veteran
It would be, Charlotte Diana.

But i wouldn't change my name, for all the money in the world. I'm very happy with my name, which is Grace.

Robert Mark~24th October,1985~23 years
Michael Luke~22nd March, 1989~20 years
Patrick Vincent~5th August, 1996~13 years
July 23rd, 2009, 07:50 AM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
I like my name but if I were to change it I would pick Melanie... I don't know why, just always wanted to be named that!

July 23rd, 2009, 08:02 AM
I personally wouldn't actually change my name but if I had to I'd go with something like Alecia or Allison. I've always liked the nickname Ally!

July 23rd, 2009, 09:30 AM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
Although I'm not a fan of my name, I have no particular name that I'd love to be named....something classic and timeless: Elizabeth, Claire, Caroline, Kate...something like that
July 23rd, 2009, 11:18 AM
Chicago12386
Well I like my name.

But if I were to change it it would either be Kate or what I'm naming my child if the baby is a girl....Chyler. It will be more fitting for her though.

So probably Kate. Its just a strong name for an emotionally strong female. It always has been a good strong name
July 23rd, 2009, 02:18 PM
LuvMyToriBug's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would not change my middle name at all, it is after my mother. I might change my first name from Rebecca to Shannon. My parents were thinking of naming me Shannon if I were a boy, but later my mother told me that she wished that she would have stuck with Shannon for a girl as well. She really liked that name.

All of that being said, I am totally satisfied with my name!!

July 23rd, 2009, 07:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I always wanted to go by my middle name which is Elizabeth.

MEG, mama to Blake (11/18/08) and Hudson (08/11/10)

July 23rd, 2009, 08:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
If I were to change my name I would change it to Megan, Jessie or Natasha, I love those nams right now

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
July 24th, 2009, 11:28 AM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't change it! It's Nena pronounced Nee-na

Oct '11 June '12
July 24th, 2009, 12:38 PM
If I had to change it I would use my nickname Ella - thanks to my grandparents who couldn't pronounce Angela.
July 24th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Bre+Will=Reid
Something spunky, like Rory or Ryan

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search