Stockton Danger ?

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2009, 07:00 PM
Regular
What do you think of it ?

The husband brought it up yesterday night and I'm not sure if I like it or not. He is so crazy about it though. He's always wanted to use the middle name Danger he wanted it for all the boys middle name but I never gave in.

I was thinking of just letting this boy have the middle name Danger since he's wanted it for so long anyway. It's just his middle name and not everyone will know it plus it's only one name. If I gave him Danger I could have first pick for the boys' first name. I kind of really like the idea of ' Danger is my middle name '. Should I give it to him ?
July 22nd, 2009, 08:37 PM
bluebutterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry, but I really don't like it...

Thank you tasha_mae for the awesome siggy!

July 22nd, 2009, 08:49 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
Stockton Danger sounds like some kind of forewarning that the dow jones on Wall Street is going to plummett or maybe a negative process in mental health treatment. I know those sound funny but Stockton Danger really does sound like some kind of procedure or forewarning.

I think Stockton (and other mn) would be okay; although it's not something I would use.

And, I think Danger as a mn is okay but I would pair it with a more "normal" fn.

I wouldn't put both names together in a name combo.
July 23rd, 2009, 06:04 AM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
I like the sound of the name but not for a child. I like Stockton alone. I'm not a fan of Danger. My DH has been pushing it lately too, telling me that I can have any first name if his middle name can be Danger I'm big on family names as middle names so I'm not giving in.
July 23rd, 2009, 06:14 AM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
I really don't like Danger... I mean what if your child wants to be a lawyer/doctor/accountant? Dr. Stockton Danger Lastname on his diplomas, that sounds kind of bad. I mean he could always change it but then whats the point of giving it to him?

However, I think Stockton is fine with a different middle name. If you must have Danger I would give him a more traditional first name or even give him a second more traditional middle name along with Danger.

sorry, that's just what I think.

July 23rd, 2009, 08:34 AM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
I agree about two middle names...if you did decide to use Danger, I'd give him two middle names, one more traditional. That way if he did decide that he didn't care to have it displayed on diplomas and what not, he could just use his other middle name.
July 23rd, 2009, 08:36 AM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know of a little guy with the middle name Danger.

I do like Danger as a middle name, but agree that it should be paired with something more traditional as a first name.

I do not care for the name Stockton as a first name with or without Danger as a middle.

July 23rd, 2009, 08:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't care for it. I don't really like Stockton or danger. I agree with the other ladies to pair it with a more common first name.

>
July 23rd, 2009, 12:17 PM
Regular
If we used Danger as a middle name it would be probably be Lucas Danger but then again I'm not sure. I was thinking of am or a more traditional name also.

I'm just glad my husband doesn't want to use it as a first name anymore, with Jake he wanted to name him Danger Sebastian so it would be Danger S ( Dangerous ) I would never give into that ! I think Sebastian Danger is okay though.
July 23rd, 2009, 12:29 PM
Chicago12386
Lets talk about Danger for a minute.

let me tell you a story

This is about our Poodle (Yes I now he is a dog but seriously the story is important)

Zack's middle name is Trouble. Most people would think that's just a saying but no it really is his middle name. When we first got him he was really good, then we thought it would be ironic to give the middle name Trouble. Since then he seems to get into a lot more trouble. So I say all this as a warning when it comes to naming pets or children CHOOSE CAREFULLY AND WISELY.

That boy is into everything and can't stay out of trouble.

So just a word of warning.

lets just say we are being extra careful in choosing names for our baby.

I like your first name choice though Stockton, its different

Last edited by Chicago12386; July 23rd, 2009 at 12:31 PM.
July 23rd, 2009, 03:15 PM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaOnCloud9 View Post
Stockton Danger sounds like some kind of forewarning that the dow jones on Wall Street is going to plummett or maybe a negative process in mental health treatment. I know those sound funny but Stockton Danger really does sound like some kind of procedure or forewarning.
Agreed. It doesn't sound at all like an actual persons name to me.
July 25th, 2009, 06:29 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaOnCloud9 View Post
LOL, I had not thought of this, but I believe this mom is on the money.

May I commiserate... my husband has also brought up the "Danger" as a middle name for both our boys. He always talked about naming Hugo "Quick Danger." Which I humored for a while as a joke then finally said a big fat no. It's not even a James Bond thing, just Austin Powers... and is that who I want my son to be reminiscent of? Also I agree with the poster who says that sometimes a name can be a self-fulfilling prophecy. You probably don't really want your child to greet actual dangerous situations with that catchphrase.

I do not like Stockton unless it's a family name- then I would say maybe use that as the mn. It sounds like "stock car racing" or worse, "Stocky." I bet he would get called Stocky from day one and that is not a good thing.

I just think Danger might be cute for a minute and then not so much after the first laugh is had (for those who would even get it). If you like Sebastian and Lucas, how about Sebastian Lucas? That's not really a common name and sounds nice.

Hope this helps some!

July 25th, 2009, 07:13 PM
IAmMomMomIAm
*shrug* I think it's a cute middle name. I do think a more traditional first name is in order, but I don't see a problem with it as a middle name at all. If it's what you like.. do it.

When his diploma and degree is hanging on a wall, and someone has the nerve to say "seriously? Danger?!" he can jsut shrug it up and change the subject. It's really not THAT big a deal.
July 25th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
it's NMSAA - but it only matters what you & your DH think about it!

July 25th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Veteran
It's fun and unique. If you both like it, go for it!

And even if he does become a doctor, lawyer, etc. He could always either leave out his middle name, only use his middle initial, or be bold and put it out there on any diplomas, paper work, etc.

July 25th, 2009, 09:49 PM
lexicon's Avatar formerly SarahRenee
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridabb View Post
It's fun and unique. If you both like it, go for it!

And even if he does become a doctor, lawyer, etc. He could always either leave out his middle name, only use his middle initial, or be bold and put it out there on any diplomas, paper work, etc.
I agree!!

There is, in fact, one baby in my PR with the middle name Danger. I think he'll appreciate having such an unique MN since most MN's IRL I've come across are just "fillers" like Lynn, Marie, James, etc.!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search