Do you ever just get tired of....

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 23rd, 2009, 08:07 AM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
seeing the same baby names over and over? Constantly looking for something new and not finding it? Am I the only one?

I feel like I'm constantly looking for new names in everything but I just find the same names over and over.
July 23rd, 2009, 11:22 AM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
I'm tired of the names on my list... but I can't find anything I like either... so YES!

July 23rd, 2009, 11:50 AM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
Yes but I also can't find anything that I like better.. lol

July 23rd, 2009, 11:52 AM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
Honestly, nope! My style tends to veer towards the "popular" names (i.e. names in the top 100 list).. so I don't get sick of seeing them over and over, since those are the types of names I like. There are definitely names I love that aren't popular, too... but I don't get sick of the same ones that are.

July 23rd, 2009, 11:59 AM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm with you Dh and I are desperately trying to find a name for baby #2. We want a name that people are familiar with, but is not "popular" Dd's name is Karalyn (carolyn). We don't like the offbeat made up names, but serioulsy most of the "popular" names rhyme... doesn't that bother anyone but me?? Hayden, Caiden, Aaden, Braydon, etc etc etc. or the Kaylee, Kylee, MaKayla, Makenna, etc. They're so over used... No offense to anyone who uses them it's just not my thing.

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
July 23rd, 2009, 12:17 PM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yep, im suffering from this right now. People ask me what we are thinking for the baby and i just say "i dont know" which is CRAZY! Im usually a fountain of name ideas and love to talk about them but right now so much feels meh... i can say that there is no front runner or name i keep coming back to b/c i am just head over heels in love with it

July 23rd, 2009, 01:23 PM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
*sigh* I keep putting new names into nymbler and I swear....every name must be of the same style because it keeps suggesting the same names over and over and over regardless of what name I put in...and then it will start repeating them!
July 23rd, 2009, 01:40 PM
IAmMomMomIAm
Whenever I'd ask people for name ideas for Lauren, I got the same names over and over. I mean, obviously a lot of people like Olivia, or it wouldn't be in the top 10. But I think almost everyone I talked to suggested Olivia. It's a pretty name, and I don't care that it's popular, I was just looking for someone new.
July 23rd, 2009, 01:40 PM
IAmMomMomIAm
Whenever I'd ask people for name ideas for Lauren, I got the same names over and over. I mean, obviously a lot of people like Olivia, or it wouldn't be in the top 10. But I think almost everyone I talked to suggested Olivia. It's a pretty name, and I don't care that it's popular, I was just looking for something new.
July 23rd, 2009, 03:53 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
i think Nymbler does that because the sight uses the top 100 names LOL.. so when u get what.. 15-20 names each page.. it starts to repeat itself LOL

but i hear ya! i was doing the same for Harlow.. and it gave me like.. Elizabeth, Michelle, Mickayla, Hunter (ironicly that one was okay LOL), Addison.. and im like.. WHERE the heck do you get Harlow, a unique uprising popular name.. to these names? LOL.. then i learned they used the top 100 names and Harlow is not on that list (yet)

what bugs me about names, is if i ask someone what they think of a name that could be.. popular, common, old fashioned.. nerdy.. the person will say, that thats not their style.. they dont like it.. but yet their child is named.. Benjamin or, Michael.. Charles, Henry LOL.. basically contridicting their own opinion about a name i mentioned.. i get that ALL the time in this town!!

i know that was so OT.. just had to get that off my chest because i just got that from my friend LOL
July 23rd, 2009, 04:05 PM
*~ Joni ~*'s Avatar Jordana Jacoby & Jamason
Yeah I was sick of that but I'm happy I *did* find unique names to use!
July 23rd, 2009, 04:20 PM
*Hayley*
yes which is why i go uncommon names for my kids. i get so sick of seeing and hearing the same names EVERYWHERE.
July 23rd, 2009, 05:09 PM
MaggieLizer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have any kids yet and won't soon, but I too am tired of hearing the same names over and over. A friend just had a baby girl named Olivia. Someone I see at work just became a grandpa the other day. The baby's name? Mackenzie. I'm just so unenthusiastic about all the baby names I see or hear most people using anymore. I think that's why I like this board! I get to see some unique and interesting names!

July 23rd, 2009, 07:25 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingErika View Post
Honestly, nope! My style tends to veer towards the "popular" names (i.e. names in the top 100 list).. so I don't get sick of seeing them over and over, since those are the types of names I like. There are definitely names I love that aren't popular, too... but I don't get sick of the same ones that are.
Most of the names I like/love are in the top 200-300. And, as I obviously cannot use all the names I love, I like to see and hear of other people using them. I have a friend with Jack & Claire. Another friend has a DD named Grace. I much rather hear of another Olivia being born (because it's a beautiful name) than something like Trixiebelle, Yolita, Izayah, Waldo, etc.... Most unique names (not in the top 1000), I do not like and many of them even make me cringe. At best, I am ambivalent about some of them.

There are a few exceptions, like Jordana. Beautiful.
July 23rd, 2009, 07:36 PM
*~ Joni ~*'s Avatar Jordana Jacoby & Jamason
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaOnCloud9 View Post
...Most unique names (not in the top 1000), I do not like and many of them even make me cringe. At best, I am ambivalent about some of them.

There are a few exceptions, like Jordana. Beautiful.
Awww, Thank you!
July 24th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I love both Jordana and Jacoby's names!

Whenever I get tired of seeing the same names over and over again, I go down to the bottom of the list, and work my way up. How many of us really go down to the bottom of the list and look at the names that way? by going up? I usually don't do it, so whenever I go from the bottom of the list to the top of the list I find names I forgot about.

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
July 25th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Hey There's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sooooo with you! I'm due in less then 2 months and nothing seems just right. Popular names are a big turn off to me but at the same time, I don't like made-up or misspelled names so I'm having a tough time. Throw in DH's opinions and ugh..... It doesn't help that we have 26 nieces and nephews between us and tons of friends with kiddos. Funny how many names I loved until it was times to my own....
July 25th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Hmmmmm I think I'm the odd one out, I don't really!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search