Ottilie, Alice, Ruby - new list for twins.

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2009, 12:23 AM
Regular
So I have loved this name for so long but the husband said he was never really into it. Today when I brought it up like I do every time he said he actually kind of liked it ! ' It's growing me, I think it's cute ' that's exactly what he said ! So now that he's growing twoards my style we are rethinking the twins names.

Alice Penelope or Alice Matilda
Ruby Charlotte or Ruby Vivienne - he likes Ruby but I'm not sure
Ottilie Harper or Ottilie Valentine or Rowan Ottilie - pronounced aw-TILLY , we love this one - only afraid that she will always have to correct people.
Mia Catherine Carys - original girls name for us
Emery Scout - it was our compromise name
Layla Catherine
Cecily Vivienne
Everly Noelle
- Can't think of the right middle name but we love it

Oliver Calloway
- Levi's name has the word LIVE, Oliver has it too - to similar ?
Sebastian Danger - compromise name
Leo Everett - might be to close to Levi though
Chase Maddox or Aeson Maddox
Crew Oliver - I kind of really like this one it's different though .
Max Everett or Max Calloway - original boy name we picked out
Theo Asher -
Thatcher Holden - He wants Thatcher , Holden is his middle name but he doesn't like it, I want to honor him somehow but he hates his !
Beckett Cormac - We are calling the twins Big Mac and Small Fry now to keep the names a secret from family so if we picked this one we can still call him Big Mac when he's born !
* Also I love the name Hartley for a boy, do you think a boy could pull it off ?

What do you think of all the names ?
Which girl name and boy name would you pair up for our twins
?
- Feel free to mix and match the names.

We already have Jacob Caspian, Cameron Cade and Levi Cooper. Keeping the C middle name theme is not important, I want the names to sound good independently not depending how it sounds with my sibset. We are looking for something not as common as Jake, Cam and Levi's names, we want something unique more uncommon this time.

I want Alice Penelope and Leo Everett
James wants Emery Scout and Crew Danger - I would never use Crew and Danger in the same combo - I want it to balance with a more common name paired with it.

We have very different styles in names ! We seriously need help.
Everytime I think we have a name he always changes his mind !
July 24th, 2009, 05:49 AM
IAmMomMomIAm
If it were me with twins, I'd pick one name and let DH pick the other - within limits of course.

--I love Chase.. Chase Everett sounds awesome to me.
--Max Calloway is cute, and it matches (not that it has to match, but if you love the name enough it may as well match, know what I mean?).
--If you want to honor your husband, what's his first name? You could use that as a middle name (unless you have already?), or a variant of it.
--I think Hartley is a cute name, and would work on a boy. I can even see it working on a grown man, though the "lee" syllable usually doesn't.
--I think Leo and Levi are too close, Levi and Oliver are sort of pushing that line, but if you love the name it wouldn't be bad to use it.

Ottilie will most likely always be mispronounced, and she'll have to spell it. She'll probably go through a phase where shes frustrated and annoyed with her name, and then she'll get over it. These days, everyone has to spell their name for everyone, since so many people use the "unique" spellings. Think of the kaylee/kaylie/kayley/kayli movement. And apparently people mispronounce names that would seem obvious (like Gabriella), so she'd probably have to pronounce a more common name fairly often anyways. All this means that, IMO, use the name you love - she'll be fine.
July 24th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
I'm basing my opinion on the fact that I like names to flow well together and be of the same style...I like Ruby and Theo but I don't think they go well with your other son's names. That being said....

Alice Penelope or Alice Matilda- I don't think this goes with your other children's names...not a fan of either name.
Ruby Charlotte or Ruby Vivienne - see above
Ottilie Harper or Ottilie Valentine or Rowan Ottilie - When I see this I say "Ott-a-lee" and I think this will get mispronounced a lot...not a huge fan of either of these three.
Mia Catherine Carys - still love this, think it goes great with your other kid's names and I like that you still have the C middle name going on
Emery Scout - Like Emery, not a fan of scout...plus, do you really want to use a name that neither of you really like?
Layla Catherine- very pretty, goes great with your other kids and like that it keeps with the C middle name
Cecily Vivienne- I don't think this goes with your other kid's names
Everly Noelle - Very pretty....like this a lot and I think it goes great with your other kids names. Maybe Everly Carys?

Oliver Calloway - I think Levi and Oliver are too close
Sebastian Danger - Love Sebastian...if you DO use Danger, I think it sounds good with Sebastian
Leo Everett - I think Leo and Levi are too close
Chase Maddox or Aeson Maddox- I like Chase Maddox and I think it goes well with your other kid's names. Are you pronouncing Aeson---A-son?
Crew Oliver - I like this alot.
Max Everett or Max Calloway - I like both and slightly prefer Max Calloway so you can keep with the C middle names.
Theo Asher - LOVE Asher but I don't think Theo goes well with your other kid's names
Thatcher Holden - I like this...I would probably choose a different middle name though.
Beckett Cormac - I like Beckett but dislike Cormac
* Also I love the name Hartley for a boy, do you think a boy could pull it off ?
I think a boy could pull off the name Hartley.

Keeping with C middle names I like Mia, Everly, Layla and Emery...all with the middle name Catherine, Carys or both.
Non C middle name I like Emery Noelle or Everly Noelle

Keeping with C middle names I like Max Calloway, Sebastian Crew, Thatcher Calloway, Beckett Crew and Asher Crew/Calloway
Non C middle name I like Chase Maddox, Crew Oliver, Max Everett, Asher Holden

I would either give both twins C middle names or both non C middle names.

My choices would be Everly Carys (or Everly Catherine Carys) and either Sebastian Crew or Asher Crew
July 24th, 2009, 11:23 AM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
My favorites:

Ruby Charlotte or Ruby Vivienne - I prefer the mn Vivienne but I like the idea of Charlotte to keep the C mns. It sounds like you're iffy on it, but many cute, fun "old" names are coming back: Lily, Lucy, Sadie... And, Ruby is less common/popular.

Oliver Calloway - I don't think Oliver and Levi are similiar. One has a soft I and the other a long I. I like Oliver!
Sebastian Danger
Max Calloway
Theo Asher
- I love Theo but I don't like it with Asher or any of your other mns. To keep with the C middle name, I'd suggest Theo Chase, Theo Carter, or Theo Carson.

I like Leo but think it's too close to Levi.

I like Ruby Charlotte and Max Calloway the best. However, there is the bunny cartoon with Ruby and Max. So maybe, Ruby Charlotte and Theo Chase OR Max Calloway and Mia Catherine Carys.

(I'm not a fan of Ottilie. Although being a twin is fun and she'll always have a best friend, there are some annoying things about being a twin such as the extra attention she gets from classmates, teachers, and the public. So, giving her a unique name that she'll just always have to correct people on spelling and pronunciation would be just one more annoyance in her life. As a person who always has to spell my name and correct people (repeatedly) on its pronunciation, it's a big annoyance I rather have not had to deal with. And, I'm the type of person that it takes a lot to annoy me too.)
July 24th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keskes View Post
If it were me with twins, I'd pick one name and let DH pick the other - within limits of course.

--I love Chase.. Chase Everett sounds awesome to me.
--Max Calloway is cute, and it matches (not that it has to match, but if you love the name enough it may as well match, know what I mean?).
--If you want to honor your husband, what's his first name? You could use that as a middle name (unless you have already?), or a variant of it.
--I think Hartley is a cute name, and would work on a boy. I can even see it working on a grown man, though the "lee" syllable usually doesn't.
--I think Leo and Levi are too close, Levi and Oliver are sort of pushing that line, but if you love the name it wouldn't be bad to use it.

Ottilie will most likely always be mispronounced, and she'll have to spell it. She'll probably go through a phase where shes frustrated and annoyed with her name, and then she'll get over it. These days, everyone has to spell their name for everyone, since so many people use the "unique" spellings. Think of the kaylee/kaylie/kayley/kayli movement. And apparently people mispronounce names that would seem obvious (like Gabriella), so she'd probably have to pronounce a more common name fairly often anyways. All this means that, IMO, use the name you love - she'll be fine.
My husbands name is James Holden, the only problem is that we are using my last name which is Jamieson, so James Jamieson sounds really weird . It has to be his middle name if we honor him.

Quote:
I'm basing my opinion on the fact that I like names to flow well together and be of the same style...I like Ruby and Theo but I don't think they go well with your other son's names. That being said....

Alice Penelope or Alice Matilda- I don't think this goes with your other children's names...not a fan of either name.
Ruby Charlotte or Ruby Vivienne - see above
Ottilie Harper or Ottilie Valentine or Rowan Ottilie - When I see this I say "Ott-a-lee" and I think this will get mispronounced a lot...not a huge fan of either of these three.
Mia Catherine Carys - still love this, think it goes great with your other kid's names and I like that you still have the C middle name going on
Emery Scout - Like Emery, not a fan of scout...plus, do you really want to use a name that neither of you really like?
Layla Catherine- very pretty, goes great with your other kids and like that it keeps with the C middle name
Cecily Vivienne- I don't think this goes with your other kid's names
Everly Noelle - Very pretty....like this a lot and I think it goes great with your other kids names. Maybe Everly Carys?

Oliver Calloway - I think Levi and Oliver are too close
Sebastian Danger - Love Sebastian...if you DO use Danger, I think it sounds good with Sebastian
Leo Everett - I think Leo and Levi are too close
Chase Maddox or Aeson Maddox- I like Chase Maddox and I think it goes well with your other kid's names. Are you pronouncing Aeson---A-son?
Crew Oliver - I like this alot.
Max Everett or Max Calloway - I like both and slightly prefer Max Calloway so you can keep with the C middle names.
Theo Asher - LOVE Asher but I don't think Theo goes well with your other kid's names
Thatcher Holden - I like this...I would probably choose a different middle name though.
Beckett Cormac - I like Beckett but dislike Cormac
I think a boy could pull off the name Hartley.

Keeping with C middle names I like Mia, Everly, Layla and Emery...all with the middle name Catherine, Carys or both.
Non C middle name I like Emery Noelle or Everly Noelle

Keeping with C middle names I like Max Calloway, Sebastian Crew, Thatcher Calloway, Beckett Crew and Asher Crew/Calloway
Non C middle name I like Chase Maddox, Crew Oliver, Max Everett, Asher Holden

I would either give both twins C middle names or both non C middle names.

My choices would be Everly Carys (or Everly Catherine Carys) and either Sebastian Crew or Asher Crew
We want to pick the names we love not depending on how well they sound with the other kids' names so we don't feel like they have to be the same style.We just want to make sure that the names alone sound good because when they get older ( like it a job ) they won't always be associated with each other so keeping a theme is not important to us. But if one had a C middle name I would probably give the other a C middle name. I always feel that Levi's name isn't prefect , I wanted Levi Maxwell and he wanted Levi Cooper/Calloway... We ended up choosing Cooper because we thought he would be our last and we should just continue the theme. As much as I love his name I sometimes kick myself for not just using the name we both loved.
July 24th, 2009, 02:32 PM
*~ Joni ~*'s Avatar Jordana Jacoby & Jamason
Max and Mia are by far my faves!!!

I like for twins to match so my other picks would be
Alice Matilda and Aeson Maddox
Leo and Layla
Chase and Carys

Good luck!
July 25th, 2009, 01:45 AM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
I like Alice Penelope, Alice Matilda, Ruby Charlotte and Cecily Vivienne but I think Alice and Cecily sound too similar. So I like Alice Matidla and Ruby Charlotte or Cecily Vivienne and Ruby Charlotte.

Oliver Calloway, Leo Everett and Theo Asher. I wouldn't use Leo with Levi though so I'd go with Oliver Calloway and Theo Asher, Theo Everett works too.

If it's boy/girl twins I'd go with Alice Penelope and Theo Everett.

July 26th, 2009, 02:15 AM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
I like Layla and Mia for girls and Crew and Beckett for boys.

July 27th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Jacob, Cameron, Levi and...

Alice Penelope - like Alice, Penelope is okay
Ruby Charlotte - really like this
Rowan Otilie - love Rowan, Ottille is okay in a mn slot
Mia Catherine Carys - beautiful combo
Emery Scout - both names are cute, just not sure about them together
Layla Catherine/Cecily Vivienne/Everly Noelle - all cute, just not my favorites from your list

Oliver Calloway - love
Sebastian Danger - not crazy about Danger, Sebastian is a strong name though
Leo Everett - Leo is too close to Levi imo
Chase Maddox - Love Chase, Maddox is okay
Max Everett/Max Calloway - love both
Theo Ashler - nms
Thatcher Holden - cute
Beckett Cormac - cute

Hartley - looks feminine, yet reminds me of Harley, not a fan, sry.

Twins with C mns:
Mia Catherine Carys
Max Calloway

Ruby Charlotte
Oliver Calloway

Twins w/o C mns:
Rowan Ottile
Thatcher Holden

Alice Penelope
Sebastian Danger

Good luck! You have a lot of great names picked out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search