OT-- Pet names?

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2009, 04:36 PM
lexicon's Avatar formerly SarahRenee
What have you named your furbabies (if you have any)?

How does it correspond with your naming style for babies? Same style? Or different?

Just curious!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy!
July 27th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
Our cat is Jett.....I think it goes with our naming style very well. I've had people (that are unaware of my cat's name) suggest Jett to go with Blaise. Had we not used it for our cat we'd probably use it on a son.
July 27th, 2009, 09:03 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
I went with a different naming style for our pets because it's fun to be able to do that.

My pets:
"Gordy" for Gordito which means little, chubby thing in Spanish -- so we thought it appropriate
Bailey - a male dog
Zoey
Pixel - our cat; Dh wanted a computer/technology related name

My baby naming style is "antique charm". I like long, beautiful femine names for girls and short, masculine names for boys that were popular in 19th and early 20th centuries.
July 27th, 2009, 09:27 PM
lexicon's Avatar formerly SarahRenee
I have 2 Golden Retrievers.

The male is named Hercules (he's sporting baby sunglasses in my avatar).

The female is Lexus. DH got her for me as a gift because I was really bummed after 2+ years of TTC and no baby! We had planned on naming our first daughter Alexandra for 4 years... so when he gave me the puppy... we decided to give her a doggy "variation" of Alexandra since we were actually not sure if we would actually ever have a baby... and wouldn't you know it... I got pregnant 2 months after we got Lexus! Poor dog still gets confused sometimes over the name thing!

I don't think our pet names reflect our taste in baby names But Lexus is close to Alexandra though (both in name and spirit!). And we had reason for that.

We want to kind of stick with the mythical names (Apollo, Neptune, Thor, Athena, etc...) if we get another pet someday!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy!
July 27th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have 2 dogs that I named Maddox and Brody.
When I name a pet its usually names I really like but can't see myself using on a child for one reason or another.
We also have somehow accumulated 4 outdoor cats that the kids have named....
Minnie
JoJo
Apple
and
Milky CoCo Puffs
I really hope their naming style changes before they have children, LOL!
July 27th, 2009, 10:00 PM
girlggc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our two dogs are Xander and Fred. Neither of which I named. DH named Xander after a Buffy the Vampire Slayer character. Fred was a gift from my sil, who liked the name Fred and put it on all of the paperwork. If I had named Fred, he would've been Trevor.

Thank you to pattyandthemoos for the beautiful siggie!

July 27th, 2009, 10:21 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
We have Mae, Penny and Pinky. I didn't get to name Pinky, but I named Penny and Mae to really suit their personality. Penny is a total sweetheart, really timid but a huge snuggler. Mae is a full-blown diva with an entitlement complex. She considers herself royalty. I like feminine, almost cutesy names for my pets. The forerunner if we get another cat is Daisy, but of course it all depends on the cat.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

July 28th, 2009, 12:16 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Our cat is Fluffy
Our mouse is Joey

.. Gaby came up with both names LOL

July 28th, 2009, 06:48 AM
MamaTo2Ls's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have 2 dogs Nibbles and Bella, and a cat named Gabe. Bella, I liked for a little girl, DH didn't. We compromised and named her Bella. Now I'm glad we did b/c it's not a baby name to me anymore. It fits her too perfectly LOL. DH named Gabe (Gabriel) after the Archangel Gabriel.

<a href="http://lilypie.com" target="_blank">

July 28th, 2009, 08:11 AM
alicia1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, I named our cat Tobias Michael (nn Tobey). Jason named his cat Tasha Leigh. A cat jumped out of the weeds last month and followed us home... we wound up keeping him. He has turned into being Jordin's cat since he is always around her. Jason named him Jackson. I call him Alan Michael Jackson. I don't really like the name Jackson.. oh well. At least it's a cat.

I named our fish Kassandra (with a K!!!) Stems from when some crossdresser was on Maury show with that name the day we got the fish.

July 28th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
We don't have any pets right now but my parents dog (which is technically my dog, I got her when I was a sophmore in HS and I was originally going to take her when I moved out but my parents were too attached) is named Glory. My dog growing up was named Gretchen (my parents got her as a wedding gift so they named her).

Growing up we had numerous hamsters (so many that I can't remember all their names) but I do remember having a Milky Way, a Poppy and a Sammy. We also had parakeets we named Whitey and Tweety (we were in elementary school).

We are planning on adopting a puppy soon as the girls love my parents dog, plus I miss having a dog around!

I like the names: Daphne (since DH won't let me use it on a child ), Delilah, Bijou, Luna, Gemma and for boys Bjorn and Archie.

Last edited by carlyheartsphil; July 28th, 2009 at 08:42 AM.
July 28th, 2009, 09:26 AM
*Stephanie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *Stephanie*
We have two dogs named Lacey and Belle. Pretty much the same with the names I like...girly!

July 28th, 2009, 10:20 AM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
this is MISCHA!

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

July 28th, 2009, 10:20 AM
IAmMomMomIAm
Right now we have Delta and Potato. Recently we lost an Althalus (from a David Eddings book).

Previously I'd used names like Pippin, Nova, Diego, Sarek, and Ren.

I try not to use people names on my pets, and if I do they're not names you hear often (Diego was named for Zorro, and Ren is a Japanese name). We tend to get our pet names from literature and television.

I don't see much of a correlation between the two naming styles.
July 28th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We have 2 dogs, 1 cat and a lizard. Their names are Skywalker, Dartagnan, Precious and Dottie. My pet names are nowhere near the names I would call a child.

>
July 28th, 2009, 10:22 AM
*Hayley*
We have two dogs, but only named one, the other we adopted and he already knew his name so we just left it even though we don't care for it.

Tuffy is the one we chose
King is the one who came with a name

I don't think our dog name styles is anything like our childrens name style
July 28th, 2009, 12:04 PM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have 3 cats Griffin, Hunter, and Dexter. Dexter was named when we got him and it fit perfectly with the other 2 boys so we kept it.

I also have 2 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels named Ellie and Aidan.

For my pet names I always pick names I like but wouldnt use on a child for one reason or another. It has worked 3 out of 4 times as I do regret naming Griffin Griffin now since I really love the name but it suits him to a Tee.

Coincidentally today is Ellie's 3rd birthday. Time flies so quick

July 28th, 2009, 08:29 PM
JediRach's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to JediRach
We have Cooper Frederick and Scout Sophia.

Harper Elizabeth
July 26, 2010
7 pounds, 6 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search