Need mn help!

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2009, 09:56 PM
girlggc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay, I know, since I'm still ttc #1 it's probably way too soon to be planning this, but please humor me anyways. DH and I would like 2 children and I would like to plan for all gender combos. The first boy will be William Michael Jr. because DH really wants a jr. The first girl will be Cassandra Lillian. Cassandra because we both love the name and Lillian after DH's late grandmother. The second boy will be Dominic David. Dominic because we both love the name and David after my late grandfather. The second girl's first name will be Sabrina because we both love the name. It is Sabrina's middle name we are having trouble with. We would like to use a family name in the mn slot. However, coming up with an acceptable family name is causing us trouble. To complicate matter even further, I'm Jewish and it's a Jewish cultural thing not to name after the living. On my side some names that fit the criteria are Ethel, after my great grandmother, and Esther, after my late grandmother who died before I was born. However, I am not fond of either of these names, nor did I know either of these women personally so I do not feel compelled, nor do I want, to use their names. Eva and Eve are to be avoided at all costs because Eva was the name of my father's evil stepmother, known among him and his sibling simply as "The B!tch." My mother had a cousin named Judy who died of breast cancer at the age of forty, and Sabrina Judith sounds good, but I don't remember Judy so I don't feel compelled to use her name, plus DH doesn't particularly like the name Judith. My great uncle Jesse is dead, but I don't like the way Sabrina Jessica sounds. My great uncle Arthur is dead, but I can't think of a feminine form of Arthur. My grandmother's name is Anne, and Sabrina Anne sounds alright, but my grandmother is only 72 so chances are that Grandma will still be alive when Sabrina is born. On DH's side, his grandfather George is dead, and I think Sabrina Georgette sounds, but DH doesn't like the name Georgette. Maybe I could go with an E name in honor of Ethel and Esther? E names that are out: Eva, Eve (see above), Ellen (my cousin), Elizabeth (my aunt). DH's other grandmother's name was Rita, but I really don't like the flow of Sabrina Rita.

Please help! I'm out of ideas!

Thank you to pattyandthemoos for the beautiful siggie!

July 28th, 2009, 12:19 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Umm Sabrina Emily? Sabrina Emmalyn?

July 28th, 2009, 04:09 AM
I just had an idea! What about Sabrina Elise? What do you girls think of that name?

July 28th, 2009, 05:47 AM
bluebutterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sabrina Elise is cute

Thank you tasha_mae for the awesome siggy!

July 28th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
Sabrina Elise is nice. Or Sabrina Esme :]

July 28th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Dang it!!! DH announced that Elise is "too old fashioned"

ETA that I just asked DH about Esme. The verdict? "Too middle eastern." I told him it's French. He said he didn't care.

Last edited by girlggc; July 28th, 2009 at 05:20 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search