What kind of person do you think of or picture when you hear these names?

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Chicago12386
My husband and I both come from a very strong theatre background. So we both know how important a good strong name that sets you apart from others is.

I just hope the baby grows to love and appreciate the art of theatre as we do. I already can't wait until our child is old enough to see a Broadway show.

Anyways we have picked out a name for our child...we just don't know if we are having a boy or a girl.

When you hear this name what kind of person do you think of or picture?

By the way our last name starts with an H

Boy:

Sawyer Lee

Meaning:

Sawyer: sawer of wood
Lee : Meadow

Girl:

Chyler Alexis

Meaning:

Chyler: One who gives shelter
Alexis: Helper; defender

These are the names, as they are. We are set on them.

So what do you think? And what kind of person would you picture?

This is just for fun really

Last edited by Chicago12386; July 30th, 2009 at 09:08 AM.
July 30th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sawyer Lee & Chyler Alexis. I think they both flow very well. I really like Chyler Alexis. Both are good names.

>
July 30th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think they are both very strong sounding names, but Chyler Alexis takes the cake! Great name!
July 30th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
When I picture Saywer Lee....I picture (as an adult) a very genuine person. Someone who is nice to everyone...the family guy. But also rugged. I don't necessairly picture someone who is IN theatre or an actor...if that makes sense.

Chyler Alexis- I CAN see this girl being into theatre. I don't know why but this name has more of that feel to it. I see a pretty, "earthy" girl.
July 30th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Chicago12386
I don't plan on my kid just loving theater. He/She may hate it. Whatever I do hope my child though atleast shares some appreciation for the art

But with a theater background. I know how important it is to have a name that stands out. Whether in theatre or in life
July 30th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think Sawyer Lee sounds like someone who would sing baritone in the high school choir And I mean that as a compliment. He would be a gentle guy, but strong.
Chyler Alexis is a gorgeous name, and would definitely be remembered in a crowd. I kinda see her (grown up) as someone who was flirty and fun, but with a really sensitive and sweet side to her.

I agree with you about the importance of theater names that stand out. Hard to ignore a girl named Sutton Foster, isn't it? My husband, of course, would argue that it's her gorgeous legs that make her stand out more than her name, LOL. And something like Norbert Leo Butz...well, you're not gonna forget it in a hurry!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search