Help me, I'm in a name rut!

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2009, 07:09 PM
Coach's Avatar Super Mommy
My favorite names are Duke and Poppy. I know my first son and daughter will be Duke and Poppy. But out of my HUGE list I feel it's just blah. I still love a few names but I don't love them like I love Duke and Poppy.

So please give me any suggestions. I feel like I see the same names over and over and I'm just bored with names.

Feel free to post your own list of favorites or suggest names you think I'd like based off Duke and Poppy. Which ever you feel like. I need inspriation!

Thanks so much

"I KNEW I BELONGED TO THE PUBLIC AND TO THE WORLD, NOT BECAUSE I WAS TALENTED OR EVEN BEAUTIFUL, BUT BECAUSE I HAD NEVER BELONGED TO ANYTHING OR ANYONE ELSE"---MARILYN MONROE
August 2nd, 2009, 04:03 PM
Wow really no one wants to help?

"I KNEW I BELONGED TO THE PUBLIC AND TO THE WORLD, NOT BECAUSE I WAS TALENTED OR EVEN BEAUTIFUL, BUT BECAUSE I HAD NEVER BELONGED TO ANYTHING OR ANYONE ELSE"---MARILYN MONROE
August 2nd, 2009, 05:56 PM
IAmMomMomIAm
I don't think I'd be much help to you, as I know from seeing your previous posts that our naming styles are absolutely nothing alike.
August 2nd, 2009, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keskes View Post
I don't think I'd be much help to you, as I know from seeing your previous posts that our naming styles are absolutely nothing alike.
Thanks for your honesty. I know my style is different then most here. I tend to like more old fashion names. But that doesn't mean I don't want everyones suggestions! Even at my other forum where I tend to have more of the same style, I can get a page of suggestions and still not like any of them even though they fit my style!

The only things I really don't like name wise is: made up names/boys names on girls/and misspelt names.

Other then that:I'm game

August 2nd, 2009, 06:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Canna
Fern
Ivy
Jean
Josephine
Josie
Lana

Allan/ Allen
Aubrey
Bennett
Jake
John
Murray
Samuel
Toby

Hope you find something you like!
August 2nd, 2009, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merolia View Post
Canna
Fern
Ivy
Jean
Josephine
Josie
Lana

Allan/ Allen
Aubrey
Bennett
Jake
John
Murray
Samuel
Toby

Hope you find something you like!
Thanks! I've been thinking a lot bout Jean today because it's my moms MN. And I've always had a soft spot for Josie! Ivy is one of my favorites too

Toby is darling. I've thought about Tobias lately! Oooh and Aubrey. Thanks!

August 2nd, 2009, 07:12 PM
IAmMomMomIAm
Well, in that case:

(I'll leave out the top 200 names)
Tessa, Eden, Josephine, Cadence, Kara, Esther, Heidi, Eliana, Alexia, Mallory, Kiley, Bethany, Teagan, Bridget, Celeste, Selena, Adeline, Holly, Brynn, Fiona, Serena, Anya, Annika, Rowan, Shannon, Brenna, Hadley, Marisol, Alanna, Paris, Estrella, Alessandra, Willow, Adelaide, Journey, Quinn, Liberty, Kaia, Ellen, Greta, Raven, Isis, Patience, Annalise, Phoenix, Meadow, Christa, Kenley, Raina, Ariadne, Emmeline, Hermione, Arwen, Rhiannon, Honor, Clover, Sunshine, Raya, Rayden, River, Persephone, Ember, Louisa, Tuesday, Leighton, Ren, Kira

Derek, Malachi, Jonah, Elias, Wesley, Jace, Javier, Sawyer, Julius, Brett, Silas, Elliott, Lance, Holden, Hugo, Scott, Dallas, Cohen, Ried, Morgan, Bruce, Solomon, Cyrus, Jasper, Riker, Keagan, Frederick, Emmett, Deacon, Finnegan, cedric, Sullivan, Neil, Dax, Matthias, Haiden, Raiden, Baily Adonis, Ronin, Leonidas, Reuben, Thaddeus, Orrin, Banner, Rockwell, Hyrum, Moroni, Tiernan, Leighton, Ren, Caius, Aro, Phineas, Linnaeus, Lucius, Link, Carlisle, Sean, Jonas, Josiah, Ephraim, Manassah, Simon, Simeon, Issachar, Judah

Last edited by IAmMomMomIAm; August 2nd, 2009 at 07:21 PM.
August 2nd, 2009, 07:26 PM
Wow Keskes! What a big list! Thanks. I saw a few I definitley like. I'll sit down tomorrow and write up a list. Thanks!

August 2nd, 2009, 07:30 PM
ImagineOctober's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no idea what your "style" is, other than Poppy and Duke. So these might be way off base, but are names I think would make a nice addition to a sibset of Duke and Poppy. Good luck!

Archie
Arlo
Barron
Beau
Claude
Gus
Louie
Mack
Moe
Odin
Otis
Rafe
Rex
Vaughn
Vern
Winston

Bess
Betsy
Betty
Eulalie
Faye
Fiona
Hazel
Iris
Isadora
Kit
Mable
Maple
Nell
Olive
August 2nd, 2009, 07:52 PM
IAmMomMomIAm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
Wow Keskes! What a big list! Thanks. I saw a few I definitley like. I'll sit down tomorrow and write up a list. Thanks!
That's pretty much my whole name list. You asked for ideas!! Figured I'd give you some reading material.
August 3rd, 2009, 02:04 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I don't know about styles... but here are some of the names on my list at the moment - you probably won't like any, but you never know

Emerson/Emersyn
Isabella
Camdyn/Camden/Camdon
Payton/Peyton
Maleah/Maliyah/Malia
Brynlee/Brinlee
Harlow
Maddison
Cambria
Savannah
India
Atlanta