Wdyt ?

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2009, 11:20 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
So my "theme" I'm going for is using a unique middle name. Let me know what you think of these boys names with Gabriella..

Preston is my husbands favorite boys name- I don't know if I can picture having my son named that but we'll see... He also says Noah is #2 for him. So the combos I have come up with so far are....

---Preston Knox (hubby thinks it sounds hick-ish)
---Noah Beckham (We both like the sound of this but we're worried that everyone will think we're David Beckham fans...?)

I also like Jack, Carter, Liam, and Ryder but no middle names yet. Any suggestions? I'd like them to be pretty unique. My husband likes Jack the best out of those.

August 1st, 2009, 11:42 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
I'm not a fan of Preston. It's just too preppy sounding to me. But, I like Knox for a middle name.

I'm also not a fan of Noah although most of the girls on here seem to be a fan of it. My son's best buddy's name is Noah. So, I even know a cute little guy with the name but I'm still not a fan of it. Beckham is okay as a mn though. I really don't know if people would consider you a Beckham fan by using the name.

Of your other names, I LOVE Jack. A few suggestions: Jack Sterling, Jack Finley, Jack Kingston, Jack Matthias, Jack Lucian, Jack Ellis, Jack Emery, and Jack Quinlan.

I also like Liam and Carter but I don't think they go well with Gabriella's name.
August 2nd, 2009, 02:57 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I love Noah I really think I can picture you guys with a Noah or a Liam. Not a fan of Preston I dont think it goes with Ella's name.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (7), Oliver (5), Mianna (3) and Harper (1), WTTC our first together, in 2015.

August 2nd, 2009, 05:31 AM
IAmMomMomIAm
I also think Preston is kind of a pretentious name. Of your other choices I like Noah, Jack, and Liam.

Some unique name options (no idea if you'll like any of these, but maybe you can find someone to work from?)

Jensen
Fletcher
Bronson
Eleazar (appealing here to your love for Eliana)
Lennon
Orrin
Orion
Porter
Amadeus
Tiberius
Thaddeus
Reuben
Caius
August 2nd, 2009, 07:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I like Noah a lot.. actually something we were thinking of.. I also love the name LIam

August 2nd, 2009, 07:15 AM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
I can actually see all of those names going with Gabriella. My favorites are Noah and Jack. I like Preston Knox. I have the same issue with Beckham. I really like the name but am scared that it will always be associated with the Beckhams

Preston Rhys/Lane/Kierce
Noah Thaiden/Sumner/Sumter/Sutton
Jack Gannon/ Lawson/Sullivan
Ryder Blaine/Bayne/Pierce/Sutton
Liam Miller/Myer/Nevin/Sutton
Carter Blaine/Bayne/Sutton
August 2nd, 2009, 11:49 AM
bluebutterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't like Preston. I do like Noah, Liam and Ryder though

Thank you tasha_mae for the awesome siggy!

August 2nd, 2009, 02:33 PM
*~ Joni ~*'s Avatar Jordana Jacoby & Jamason
I wouldn't use Preston because it ends the same way your last name ends, doesn't it?

I really like Noah and I think it goes well with Gabriella. The only concern might be if you'd feel stuck with names ending in an A sound.

Jack is nice but a one syllable name seems way too short next to Gabriella.

I Liam. That would be my pick if it were me! It goes well with Ella's name and it flows well with your last name.

Gabriella Talise
and
Liam Jacoby
I think it flows best with a middle name like that: 3 syllables with the stress on the 2nd syllable

Liam Josiah
Liam Xavier
Liam Mackenzie
Liam Nathanial
August 2nd, 2009, 05:02 PM
Coach's Avatar Super Mommy
Preston Knox-Sounds very snotty/preppy to me. Both seem very celebrity inspried.

Noah Beckham-Noah is a strong classic. Beckham is way to trendy/celebrity. Noah deserves better

Preston/Knox/Beckham, all seem like you're trying to hard to be different. And they are all too celebrity.

Jack and Liam are wonderful! Carter is nice. Ryder, I don't like. Sounds like "ride-her"

Jack Alasdair
Jack Matthais
Jack Barnaby
Jack Costantine
Jack Emanuelle-Maybe not with Gabriella! Lol.
Jack Leopold
Jack Frederick
Jack Hamish
Jack Sullivan
Jack Sebastian

Liam Alessandro
Liam Jedidiah
Liam Mackenzie
Liam Graham
Liam Cassius
Liam Barnaby
Liam Vincent
Liam Ashley
Liam Alasdair

Carter Rhys
Carter Augustus
Carter Matteo
Carter Finnigan
Carter Lucien
Carter Jacoby
Carter Roberto

"I KNEW I BELONGED TO THE PUBLIC AND TO THE WORLD, NOT BECAUSE I WAS TALENTED OR EVEN BEAUTIFUL, BUT BECAUSE I HAD NEVER BELONGED TO ANYTHING OR ANYONE ELSE"---MARILYN MONROE
August 2nd, 2009, 05:26 PM
kristi714's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I mostly lurk on the board, but I have noticed that alot of names you like I also like. If I weren't so crazy about my baby names having alphabetical similarity/meaning I would use some of the suggestions I list below as my own but I just can't stray from this weird obsession. Some of the below names do fit my alphabetical demands but DH has ruled them out so here are some boys names I've liked...
Preston - Brenner/Jett/Crew/Cruz/Milo/Rhett
Noah - Jamison/Lochlan/Leeland
Jack -Toren/Landon
Ryder- Eli/Ian/Beau
Liam -Harrison/Henry
Carter- Garrison/Talon

Last edited by kristi714; August 2nd, 2009 at 05:30 PM.
August 2nd, 2009, 05:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Noah and Preston are both nice, and I think they go well with Gabriella.

Beckham and Knox, on the other had, seem very celebrity-inspired, and I think they could get really popular, so if you're going for unique, I wouldn't use them.

MN suggestions:
Beckett
Jacoby
Ryder (I know you had it on your first name list, but it's pretty unusual)
August 3rd, 2009, 12:55 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I think Preston & Carter work best as a sibset with Gabriella

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search