Do you have a feel for....

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
...which of the ladies on here share your naming style?

Personally, I don't feel like I share the same tastes as most of you (no offense to anyone), but the closest might be Gaby's Mama or MommaonCloud9.

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
August 4th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Londa's Avatar At the Crossroads
Hmmmm... I can't think of any really. I tend to be all over the place with my naming taste.

August 4th, 2009, 12:00 PM
IAmMomMomIAm
I know who I DON'T share a style with!

As for who I do.. hmm.. Christen, maybe?
August 4th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm a fairly new poster so I really don't know. But I like most names
August 4th, 2009, 02:24 PM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes I do.

Nobody.

August 4th, 2009, 02:26 PM
IAmMomMomIAm
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezpoofs View Post
Yes I do.

Nobody.
Psh. I like A LOT of the same names you do, Ma'am. We disagree on a lot too. Not sure which number is higher though, haha.
August 4th, 2009, 02:33 PM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keskes View Post
Psh. I like A LOT of the same names you do, Ma'am. We disagree on a lot too. Not sure which number is higher though, haha.
That's true. Imagine October also tends to like many of the same names I do....

I like that no one else has the exact same taste in names as hubby and I do. It helps with keeping the names we like uncommon and unique. If everyone liked the names we wanted to use, they'd be top ten.

August 4th, 2009, 02:35 PM
IAmMomMomIAm
Quote:

I like that no one else has the exact same taste in names as hubby and I do. It helps with keeping the names we like uncommon and unique. If everyone liked the names we wanted to use, they'd be top ten.
I feel the same way. Of course, both my kids ended up with ultra popular names, which is odd given my love for the more unique ones.. wanted Ariadne and got Lauren, lol.
August 4th, 2009, 03:43 PM
alicia1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know. I like all sorts of names.

August 4th, 2009, 04:21 PM
*~ Joni ~*'s Avatar Jordana Jacoby & Jamason
My kids names are odd so I guess no one. lol
August 4th, 2009, 04:57 PM
IAmMomMomIAm
Jacoby isn't THAT odd.. it's ranked at 423 in 2008.
August 4th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Mama.Angie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm a new poster here, but I am pretty sure I share no common interest in names with anyone else here. I'm fine with that. Everyone adds their own perspective, and that's what makes this type of board more exciting I think.
August 4th, 2009, 06:34 PM
mrscheriezach's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i think everyone on this board is so different....I think they should lump baby names with politics and religion...its an endless discussion probably why im always hanging around this board! its so interesting.

*thank you cherry berry for my signature*

August 4th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
hmmm....I think I have similar taste as Tiffany (MamaPickles) and Hayden and Nicholas's mommy (can't think of her name). I don't know if they share the same tastes as me lol but I always tend to like their names.
August 4th, 2009, 07:43 PM
ImagineOctober's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:

I do like a lot of your names/similar names as you do CheezPoofs!

I'll say that while I can appreciate (mostly) other's choices in names, and sometimes find common ground when it comes to a certain name. I don't really believe I have a "naming BFF/Soulmate" on the board, where I'm like "I love that name! And that one too! That one also! Oh and this one!" and I don't think anyone feels the same about my naming style.
You know what I mean?

But I, too, also like the fact that no one likes all of my names. In fact, on my "vote for my names" page I almost get excited that some of my favorite names have low numbers,
at least I know it's not going to go booming up the charts! ::Crosses Fingers::
August 5th, 2009, 11:04 AM
kristi714's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not on a bunch but when I do come here the girls that I have noticed I like alot of the same names as are Erica(she has the daughters Brinlee & Isablle) and Miracle. I usually tend to agree with their opinions on a name and selections. Plus I really like their kids names.

August 5th, 2009, 11:39 AM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
I've noticed Melissa (Miracle) and I like a lot of the same girl names - long, ultra-feminine - with a few newer, trendier names thrown in (Cambria, Mattea) - although I wouldn't use any of the latter for my own children. I also like my girl's names to have been popular 80+ years or so ago. One book I have referred to them as an "antique charm" style.

brui77, I haven't noticed if we like some of the same names. I love your son's name, at least, I'm guessing it's Charles with a nn of Charlie? I like strong, masculine, sometimes guy-next-door names that were popular late 1800's to early 1900's (Jack, Max, James, Jake, Oliver, Leo, William).

And, I've noticed Christen says it's important for the names she likes to sound professional. I'm the same way. I think of how my child's name is going to look and be perceived on academic and professional applications. So, like my Dh and I love the name Lily but I just don't know if others would take her seriously in medical school, law school, etc... So, we've been tossing aroud long forms of the name and then if she ends up being an actress, an artist, or the like she could still use just Lily.

So, I don't think I 100% align with anyone but there are different aspects of baby naming that I'm similiar to others in.
August 5th, 2009, 12:51 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I agree that none of us line up, but I do think we all have a bunch of overlaps. I mainly think I overlap with MommaOnACloud, a lot of the time with Kes, though we have a bunch we differ on too, and I'm guessing Eden&Isla's mom (since those are two of my top three girls names right now).

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

August 5th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaOnCloud9 View Post
I also like my girl's names to have been popular 80+ years or so ago. One book I have referred to them as an "antique charm" style.

I like strong, masculine, sometimes guy-next-door names that were popular late 1800's to early 1900's (Jack, Max, James, Jake, Oliver, Leo, William).
Yes, completely ditto. I think that you and I may disagree with regards to particular names, but it's the same general style. For example, I love all of the boys' names you have listed there, but I probably won't use any of them. Names we are looking at closely are: Roger, Beau, Maggie, Felicity, Lucy, etc. -- basically, my grandmother's classmates.

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search