We want to know.... (lurkers too!)

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 7th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Londa's Avatar At the Crossroads
Drewell Marquise -- My husband was very close to his paternal grandfather and always said he wanted to name his first son after him. I suggested we just use the Drew portion but he insisted. Funny thing is that I am the ONLY one that calls him by his full name, and even I only call him Drewell about 10% of the time. Marquise is just a name I always liked.

Donovan Maxwell --- I came up with Donovan's name before Drew was born. I would have used it, if Tim wouldn't have insisted on Drewell for our first. I love both names and they fit him so well. Glad I got the chance to use it.

August 8th, 2009, 07:54 AM
P*to*the*ORTIA's Avatar Portia
Send a message via ICQ to P*to*the*ORTIA
Adrea Lenae-My husband had a dream 2 months after we started dating that we got married, had a baby girl and named her Adrea. Lenae was a suggestion from online that I thought flowed with her first name.

Ryne Everett-Ryne Sandberg was my husbands favorite baseball player growing up and he's liked the name since he was little. Good thing I like different names too. Everett was a choice between that and Eldridge. I thought Everett sounded better.

Brin Jakob-His name was after 2 good buddies my husband had in the navy. We changed the y to an i in Brin and the c to a k in Jakob. I thought it looked better and I still wanted his name to be a little different like the other 2.
August 8th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Veteran
Cohen Joseph "C.J."
CJ is named after his Dad, Cohen Joseph I. We decided to continue the name Cohen, and call him CJ because we thought it was cute!

Gianna Morgan
Morgan has always been one of my favorite names, but it is too masculine for a first name for a girl in my opinion. We came across Gianna, and both loved it. CJ calls her Gi which is kind of cute too!

Thank you claire1979 for my beautiful siggy!
August 8th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Patti hearts Braxton's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All of your child(ren)'s first and middle names
Our little boy: Braxton Alexander
Our little girl: Still deciding ~ she's due in November

Where you got the name from
Braxton: DH's name is Brian, he didn't want a JR. I seen Braxton on a baby name site and fell in love!

Alexander: DH's Grandfathers name.

What you like about the name
I LOVE his name ~ it just screams manly to me. It's strong and not too common but not "out there"

When I found out I was preggers with Braxton, my husband didn't want to know the gender since there are no surprises left in life. The planner in me knew I couldn't wait to find out so I made him a deal. If the baby was a boy then he could name him and not tell me and if it was a girl, then I would name her and not tell him.

He held me to my word and would not discuss names with anyone! I kept mentioning Braxton and Brian never really liked it. He said he would know his sons name when he seen him. Shortly after the baby was born, I realized I didn't know my sons name. I (crying) called out to Brian "What is his name?" and he (crying) said "You know his name" I said "Is it Braxton?" he said "Yes, Braxton Alexander" we both just sobbed LOL

Although it made for a long "nine months" of torture, it was the coolest thing ever! Now with our little girl, DH says he's naming her because I got the name I wanted with Braxton and he once again, will not discuss names with me

August 8th, 2009, 08:29 PM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aylie Danielle

Where you got the name from: DH worked with a guy who mentioned his wife, named Aili (pronounced eye-lee). He fell in love with the name and begged me to use it, although we'd been calling her Alexandra since we found out her sex at 20 weeks. I agreed, but changed the spelling (I speak French and ail is garlic in French and it reminded me too much of that!) Danielle is after my dad Daniel, who passed away when I was pregnant with Aylie.

What you like about the name: How unique it is, and I think it's beautiful! And the significance of the mn.

Layla Makenna

Where you got the name from: Not too sure, it was just a name that I'd seen around (most likely here on JM, since I haven't heard it much IRL). Makenna is after DH's dad who passed away, named Ken.

What you like about the name: How pretty it is, and I love the significance of the mn.

Rhett Liam

Where you got the name from: Had an aquaintance years back with the name and I like how uncommon it is. MN is in honour of DH's deceased mom. Her maiden name was Williams, so we used Liam (DH's nephew is named William or else we would've maybe used that, though I prefer Liam!)

What you like about the name: Unique yet strong, and significance of the mn.
August 9th, 2009, 06:02 AM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
Quote:
Originally Posted by babydahl View Post
Aylie Danielle

Where you got the name from: DH worked with a guy who mentioned his wife, named Aili (pronounced eye-lee). He fell in love with the name and begged me to use it, although we'd been calling her Alexandra since we found out her sex at 20 weeks. I agreed, but changed the spelling (I speak French and ail is garlic in French and it reminded me too much of that!) Danielle is after my dad Daniel, who passed away when I was pregnant with Aylie.

What you like about the name: How unique it is, and I think it's beautiful! And the significance of the mn.

Layla Makenna

Where you got the name from: Not too sure, it was just a name that I'd seen around (most likely here on JM, since I haven't heard it much IRL). Makenna is after DH's dad who passed away, named Ken.

What you like about the name: How pretty it is, and I love the significance of the mn.

Rhett Liam

Where you got the name from: Had an aquaintance years back with the name and I like how uncommon it is. MN is in honour of DH's deceased mom. Her maiden name was Williams, so we used Liam (DH's nephew is named William or else we would've maybe used that, though I prefer Liam!)

What you like about the name: Unique yet strong, and significance of the mn.
I really like your children's names and I love the middle name significance and how you were able to honor your father's while still using really great middle names that flow well w/ their first names.
August 9th, 2009, 09:11 PM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJ1209 View Post
I really like your children's names and I love the middle name significance and how you were able to honor your father's while still using really great middle names that flow well w/ their first names.
Thank you very much, that made my day.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search