We want to know.... (lurkers too!)

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
We want to know....
- All of your child(ren)'s first and middle names
- Where you got the name from
- What you like about the name
August 5th, 2009, 06:28 PM
IAmMomMomIAm
Luke Andrew
****I loved the name Luke, and didn't realize it was popular because I'd never known of or met a Luke that wasn't on TV. His name was almost Elias, but I really dislike Eli, and that's what my MIL kept telling people his name was going to be. So we picked Luke. I got both names from the Bible (NOT for Star Wars ). I like the Biblical Luke, and I like that the name is strong and masculine, and won't be nick named.
****Andrew is DH's name. His middle name was going to be Allen, after my grandfather that I never met (more for my mom than anything), and I decided at the last minute to change it to Andrew. Literally the last minute - Andy had to turn the "ll" into an "n" on the birth certificate.

Lauren Alexandria
We were going to name her either Alexandria Rhiannon or Ariadne Alexandria. I'd suggested Lauren a few weeks before she was born, but neither DH nor I were particularly crazy about it. Then we saw her, and I thought she was a Lauren, and DH thought she was a Lauren - before we knew what the other was thinking, we'd picked the same name. So Lauren it was. I loved Ariadne too much to put it in the middle name slot, so we went with Alexandria. DH picked Alexandria, and I'm not sure what he loves about it.. I just know he knew a little girl with the name and really like the girl.
August 5th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
Alaina Rhoslyn
-Alaina was just a name I randomly fell in love with one day. She was Delilah for most of my pregnancy and then I got sick of it. Then I started to like Delaney but found I liked Laney and not so much Delaney, then one day I came across Alaina and couldn't get over how much I liked it, and DH really liked it too. We both really liked the nn Lainey too so we thought it was perfect.
-Rhoslyn is my DH's mother who we sadly lost to breast cancer last year.

Natalia Lorraine
-Natalia was one of DH's few contributions to the name list for the twins. I really liked Talia and we thought it worked nicely with Alaina.
-Lorraine is my mom's name.

Georgia Carol
-Georgia was just a name I randomly started loving when I was pregnant with the twins. DH liked it too, plus George is my dad's middle name.
-Carol was partially after my dad & me (since he is Carl and I'm Carly) and my Aunt Carol.

August 5th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Gabrielle Jayda-Leigh
We couldn't agree on a name, so I listed names of characters on TV shows - and we both liked Gaby (from Desperate Housewives) - later we changed it to Gabrielle. Jayda - is after my first angel, Jayden, Leigh - is after my sister (Terri Leigh). I like that both of her middlenames have a lot of meaning behind them

August 5th, 2009, 07:46 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
Isabella Alica
FN - About a year before I got pregnant, I suggested it to Dh and he instantly fell in love with it. He wanted to call her by the nn Bella. I love all the nn potential the name has...so even if she hates her name at one point or another in her life (like most people do), she can go by Isa, Izzie, Belle, Bella, Ella, Elle, Ellie, Isabelle. And honestly, I can't believe how popular it is on the SSA list. In 4 years, I've heard of 2 others (I don't know them. I just came across them in public.) One is 12 years older than my DD and the other was about 6 years. And, most of my family and friends have told me she is the only Isabella they know.
MN - is after my mom's twin sister who was like a 2nd mom to me before she passed away when I was 14 years old. I'm not a fan of the spelling though. I have no idea why my grandma spelled it that way. I asked her once and she couldn't even remember how it was spelled, let alone why she spelled it that way.

I'm not a fan of Isabella and Alica together though. Too many -uh sounds. But, each name on its own was a must. I tried to talk Dh into Isabelle Alica because it sounds much better but he wouldn't budge.

Max Anthony
FN - Dh and I just loved it. I wish we could have found a long, more formal version that we liked and used Max as a nn. But, the names either did not go well with our last name or Dh just didn't like them.
MN - is FIL's first name

And, I love how well Max Anthony goes together.
August 5th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Alyssa Kapri
I swear the name Alyssa chose me or her, LOL! I actually didn't want that to be her name and drove myself CRAZY trying to think of something else but I kept coming back to it and the name set my mind at ease and I knew it was hers
Her nn was supposed to be Aly but she just wasn't an Aly, actually I called her Elsa from birth to about 4 then she outgrew it and has been our Lyssa ever since.
Kapri-was the ex's idea, I wanted Lynae but he wouldn't go for it *shrug*. I swear I had never heard of Capri pants or Capri Sun until after she was born.

Coleman Scott
Coleman was my maiden name, Scott is Dh's middle name. We both LOVE the nn Cole. It's just the perfect name for us and my DS

Emmalyn Sharlise Faith
The second I found out I was pg I told dh it would be an Emma, but he was hesitant. Finally he consented as long as it was Emmalyn. We had research his family tree and found a Emmeline, changed it up a bit because we thought it would be eaiser for people to spell and pronounce correctly.
Sharlise is after my Mom, Sharleen, I had a hard time w/ the sh spelling.
Faith was added because at the 20 wk u/s, they "thought" they discovered abnormal brain development. I promised the Lord I wouldn't lose Faith in him and 20 wks later delivered a perfect lil girl

Lucas Alton
I really wanted a name that sounded good w/ Coleman/Cole. Lucas was a perfect fit and I LOVED the meaning.
Alton was supposed to be after DH's decease gpa and we wanted to surprise his family by not telling them the name until he was born. Imagine our surprise when we found out he's gpa's mn was actually Alphaeus We stayed w/ Alton, LOL!

Isabel Natasha
There are soooo many Isabel/Belle's on both my side and Dh's side of the family, we just had to use it. I love how significant it is to us.
Natasha was another one of those names that I feel like chose us, LOL! We went to the hospital w/ a long list of possible mn's cause we couldn't decide and NONE of them felt right to us after meeting her. So I did a baby name search (can't remember which site) and there was a poll in a sidebar on the name Natasha. I looked up the meaning and found that it meant Born on Christmas and that was it, we were sold!

If anyone actually read all of this then you deserve a cookie for your patience,
August 6th, 2009, 01:38 AM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
Yay, I deserve a cookie.

I'll keep this part short and sweet:
Audrey Jane- Audrey, there is a whole long story that I will post at the bottom*, we just loved. Jane is after my maternal grandma's grandma, Ruby Jane, who my grandma named my mom after, Nina Jane, and I decided to name my daughter Jane for my grandma, mostly. But also for my mom, too.

*Audrey Hepburn plays Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady, which was mine and my best friend's favorite movie. My DH's last name is Higgins. Eliza falls in love with Henry Higgins, so when I got pregnant my best friend made me promise that if it was a boy, I'd name him ____ Henry Higgins as an inside joke between us.

I probably wasn't going to stick to it, but I thought it was cute none-the-less.

So, we found out she was a girl and as an inside joke again, since I hate Eliza, I used Audrey. At the end of My Fair Lady, it leaves you assuming that they marry. So, Audrey Hepburn married to Henry Higgins would've become Audrey Higgins. Get it? Yes, I am lame and a horrible mother for this. But- it's kinda cute between my best friend and I.

Besides, I just loved it oh so much.
August 6th, 2009, 04:49 AM
M&RsMom's Avatar Mama to silly boys
Send a message via AIM to M&RsMom
Miles Paul

- Where you got the name from: I had a dream where I was picking up a blond haired blue eyed baby boy named Miles from his crib, when I woke up I told DH that I had his name picked. Paul is DH and FILs name.
- What you like about the name: I like that you don't hear it too often and I have yet to meet another in person, I also think it ages really well.

Rhys Alexander

- Where you got the name from: We had the hardest time coming up with his name since my DH has such different taste than I do. A friend suggested Reece, and I mentioned it to him but told him I liked the traditional spelling better and he agreed. Alexander is just a name I've always liked that sounded good lol
- What you like about the name: Again, that I haven't met many Reese/Reece/Rhys's

August 6th, 2009, 05:18 AM
MamaTo2Ls's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lucas David Alexander - DH and I had the hardest time agreeing on a name. Finally, one day, DH suggested Luke. It was kind of a joke, b/c he's a Star Wars geek, LOL, and didn't think I would actually go for it. But I liked it. I told him though that his full first name would be Lucas, not just Luke. He was fine with that. David is DH's name and also my uncle's name who passed away in 2004. Alexander we loved and did not want to budge from. It went from Luke Alexander to Lucas Alexander to Lucas David Alexander. I love his name. I think it's incredibly strong and suits him perfectly!!

Laylah Grace Tonimae - Laylah we had picked out when I was pregnant with Lucas. We just never fell out of love with it. We actually had about 5 names we were deciding between. Dh left it up to me, and it was harder than naming Luke. I absolutely fell in love with Laylah, but it was hard to get passed the whole Luke and Laylah sound. Laylah sounds so similar to Leia, and remember DH loves Star Wars. The ryhming was coincidence. Grace, I loved and it was almost her first name. Tonimae is a combination of DH's Aunt Toni who passed away from cancer years ago. She meant a lot to him. Mae my grandma's mn. We lost her to cancer in May. I love her name! I think it's beautiful and fits her perfectly.

I love that both of their names are incredibly meaningful!

<a href="http://lilypie.com" target="_blank">

August 6th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
Ours is short. It will be longer once we have more kids.

Charles Robert
Charlie is a name we just both loved. It's short, cute, masculine, very traditional, yet not very common these days. We went with Charles as the official name so that he'll have more options if he wants to use a more formal/professional name when he gets older.

Robert is my father's name. We'll use all family names for our kids' middle names, and we decided to go with my father's name for the first one, since MIL and FIL both already have grandbabies named after them.

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
August 6th, 2009, 08:26 AM
alicia1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jordin Marie
I had a hard time trying to figure out what to name her. My mom had suggested Jordan when I first found out I was pregnant. Jason wasn't huge on the name until toward the end. When I went into the delivery room I had 3 names I liked: Molly, Lauren and Jordin. Jordin it was... All I knew was I didn't want the -dan at the end because there are 5 generations of Daniel's in my family plus a step-sister named Danielle. The first thing my brother said when he saw her name tag thing was why it wasn't spelled with an A.

Marie is a sucky middle name since so many people I grew up with had it. But at least it holds some sorta meaning in my family. My grandma, mom and I all have it. My grandma kept asking if her middle name was going to be Marie. My doctor kept joking saying I should change it to Maria after her.

August 6th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyfamily View Post
Lucas David Alexander - DH and I had the hardest time agreeing on a name. Finally, one day, DH suggested Luke. It was kind of a joke, b/c he's a Star Wars geek, LOL, and didn't think I would actually go for it. But I liked it. I told him though that his full first name would be Lucas, not just Luke. He was fine with that. David is DH's name and also my uncle's name who passed away in 2004. Alexander we loved and did not want to budge from. It went from Luke Alexander to Lucas Alexander to Lucas David Alexander. I love his name. I think it's incredibly strong and suits him perfectly!!

Laylah Grace Tonimae - Laylah we had picked out when I was pregnant with Lucas. We just never fell out of love with it. We actually had about 5 names we were deciding between. Dh left it up to me, and it was harder than naming Luke. I absolutely fell in love with Laylah, but it was hard to get passed the whole Luke and Laylah sound. Laylah sounds so similar to Leia, and remember DH loves Star Wars. The ryhming was coincidence. Grace, I loved and it was almost her first name. Tonimae is a combination of DH's Aunt Toni who passed away from cancer years ago. She meant a lot to him. Mae my grandma's mn. We lost her to cancer in May. I love her name! I think it's beautiful and fits her perfectly.

I love that both of their names are incredibly meaningful!
I have to say that I've always wondered where Tonimae came from and I assumed it was a Native American name (I have been pronouncing it Tohn-uh-may) I like it. Do you pronounce it Tony-mae?
August 6th, 2009, 08:35 AM
*Hayley*
Cohen Peter

Cohen we got from the Internet, some baby name website. We knew instantly that if the baby was a boy, we'd use it. Peter is after my dad and maternal grandfather. My dad's middle name is also Peter, and my maternal grandfather's name is Pedro but he always went by Pete.
Abram Eli
Abram we also found on a baby name website. I loved it at first, and DH was kinda eh about it, the we reversed roles and now we both love it. We didn't want to name this boy something too common because Cohen is so unusual. I looked at Hebrew names because I tend to LOVE them for whatever reason. Eli is DH's middle name. It was his turn to honor his family in the baby's middle name and I wouldn't let him use william or benjamin, so we decided his mn sounded best.
August 6th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Blaise Jacob- DH and I went to school with a boy named Blaise (not a friend...more of an aquaintance). We both really loved the name and thought it was perfect...we never considered any other boy names. Jacob is my father's middle name (first name is Vester...really didn't want to carry on that name ). I've always wanted my first son's name to honor my father. Our next son will have DH's father's name and if we have a third son before having a daughter, his middle name will be James, which is the name of both mine and DH's grandfather's who have passed away.

I like his name because it just suits him. To DH & I, Blaise Jacob is just a flawless name....we love everything about it.
August 6th, 2009, 03:55 PM
kristi714's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Layla Brinley Ann - Layla was a name DH and I both LOVED. Actually it was the only name DH AND I loved together. We could not agree on any other name. Layla was picked before I knew she was a girl, and I just kneeww she was a girl
Brinley was a name I personally have loved for a long time. It didn't fit my alphabetical requirements as a first name but I loved it so much I had to incorporate it.
Ann is a family name. My Mom's, his Mom's, his Grandma's middle name...felt like it was a must.

August 6th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
- All of your child(ren)'s first and middle names
Tristan Michael

- Where you got the name from
From watching River runs through it

- What you like about the name
It was what DH and I could agree on, Michael I thought just flowed well with Tristan. DH wanted Tristan James.

>
August 6th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Nicki1976's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There's no real reason for any of their names, I just don't like over used names but don't like weird names either. Their mn's are all top names and very classic

Alexandria Elizabeth

Chase Alexander

Ashton Jacob

August 6th, 2009, 07:47 PM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I only have one son so far. His name is Lucius Casimir Iago (LOO-see-us CASS-im-ir EE-ah-go). Lucius is from the Harry Potter series and Casimir and Iago were found off of BabyNames.com. I love his names because they are unique, strong and masculine names.

Lucius is Latin and means "Light". Casimir is Slavic and means "Destroyer of Peace". Iago is Spanish and means "Supplanter". Two of Lucius' names have strong literary ties: Lucius Malfoy in Harry Potter (which are the best books ever written of all time) and Iago is the villain in Shakespeare's Othello. I love that about his names also.

Last edited by cheezpoofs; August 6th, 2009 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Reworded Sentence
August 7th, 2009, 05:21 PM
LovinMyGirls's Avatar Proud Working Momma
Totally a lurker here..lol & I absolutely love my girls' names, they fit them perfectly.

Arianna (AIR-ee-on-uh) Aleise
During my pregnancy I read an article in Parenting Magazine about a little girl named "Ariana" I immediately fell in love with it & searched it online. I liked the look of the spelling with 2 "n" so we went with that version. Her middle name is Aleise. Her great-grandmother had suggested the middle name "Alesia" but Arianna Alesia did not flow. So we went searching for a something similar & discovered the spelling Aleise (Elise) & loved it.
We pronounce her name AIR-ee-on-uh not "R" -ee-on-uh..so that causes some trouble for her, or they'll call her R-ee-ANN-uh

Natalie Jaide With Natalie we simply could not agree on a name we liked. I really wanted to name her Helena but no one else liked it. So her dad & I each chose 1 name we liked. I liked Natalie & he liked "Jade". So we put the 2 together & Natalie Jade sounded better than Jade Natalie..so we went with it. I liked the spelling "Jaide" & I talked him into this spelling.

"
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." AA&NJ

Last edited by LovinMyGirls; August 7th, 2009 at 05:29 PM.
August 7th, 2009, 05:43 PM
-Monique-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to -Monique- Send a message via Yahoo to -Monique-
Taylah Jade I had always liked the name Taylor, but wasn't too keen on the spelling, i was looking at different ways to spell it and i came up with Taylah. I think it suites her perfectly. And the same with Jade, i had always liked it.

Brooklyn James No real reason, just liked the name, and James is a family name.

Ashton Christopher This is just a name that i haven't been able to get out of my head since finding out i was pregnant, SO isn't too keen, so we'll see. Christopher is SO's middle name.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search