Help with family name

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2009, 08:46 AM
*~ Joni ~*'s Avatar Jordana Jacoby & Jamason
This is really long so if you don't have time, just skip down to the row of smilies. LOL

Hi everyone! As most of the regulars know, it took Joel and I an entire YEAR to name Jacoby Well, we went with Jacoby Tristan Alekzander

(I usually refer to him as just Jacoby Alekzander * like in siggies * because it's so long)

Anyway, he has his first name that fits in with the family of J's, then his first middle name, Tristan, is just something Joel liked, but Alekzander came from Joel's genealogy research. If you go up Joel's dad's dad's dad's..... line, Alexander Str*** (our last name) was the first Str*** to come to the States from Germany. Since then, there's been no Alexander Str*** anywhere in the family.

Anyway, everyone we tell that story to thinks it's so neat and now I feel bad for Jordana. She only has one middle name. Kymberleigh is just something Joel liked. So I really want to add a family middle name to hers. It's really easy to add in a second middle name and get a corrected birth certificate and social card. We'd be leaving Kymberleigh in so her name would still be Jordana K. Str*** so her medical records would remain correct. And she only just turned 2 so she doesn't know Kymberleigh in the first place so if we added a 2nd middle, she'd never know the difference.

So, after all that, here's what I need help with:

I really want to do something after my mom. Her name is Gina Alene.
Alene is pronounced ay-LEEN'

Alene comes from her dad, whose middle name is Allen.

His dad's first name was Allen.

So if we used Alene, it would skip me but Jordana would be the 5th generation with the name, right? Even though I don't have it?

I'm not sure I like the flow of Jordana Kymberleigh Alene because of the repeating L. WDYT?

Another option is my mom's nickname. She always went by Lainey (which her grandma somehow got from Alene ) Anyway, I don't see any form of that that flows well:

Jordana Kymberleigh Lainey (both middles end in EE sound)
Jordana Kymberleigh Delaney (same problem)
Jordana Kymberleigh Alaina (It's a stretch from the name and doesn't flow well)

Could use first name, Jordana Kymberleigh Gina but not really feeling it.

I don't know. Anyway, what do you think of these options and can you think of anything else? Thanks!

Jordana Kymberleigh Alene
Jordana Kymberleigh Lainey
Jordana Kymberleigh Delaney
Jordana Kymberleigh Alaina
Jordana Kymberleigh Gina

I really like the family tie behind Alene.... What do you guys think? Any other ideas?

Last edited by *~ Joni ~*; August 8th, 2009 at 08:49 AM.
August 8th, 2009, 09:06 AM
IAmMomMomIAm
I like the family tie as well.

Alene "ay-leen" can be spelled differently than that.. Ilene is my Aunt's middle name. Alene is also a form of Helen, so you could consider Helen, Helene, or Helena. Or even Ellen.

Jordana Kymberleigh Alene sounds lovely to me. They both have the "lee" sound, but you won't be calling her Jordana Kymberleigh Alene very often at all anyways.
August 8th, 2009, 09:45 AM
alicia1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like her name how it is. But if you want to add another middle name guess my favorite out of the ones listed is Alene.

August 8th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
Jordana Kymberleigh Alene

I like that best. I think it sounds very nice.
August 8th, 2009, 12:10 PM
*Hayley*
If you're going to add a 2nd middle name i would just go with Alene bc it's true to the purpose
August 8th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I would go with Alene I don't think Kymberleigh Alene is too long, or has too many L's...

August 8th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Londa's Avatar At the Crossroads
I agree with everyone else so far

Jordana Kymberleigh Alene sounds the best!

August 9th, 2009, 12:08 AM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Hayley* View Post
If you're going to add a 2nd middle name i would just go with Alene bc it's true to the purpose
August 9th, 2009, 02:14 AM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
I agree with everyone else, Jordana Kymberleigh Alene sounds best to me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search