Before they were named...

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 13th, 2009, 03:44 PM
MamaPickles's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MamaPickles Send a message via Yahoo to MamaPickles
Before you chose your LO's name, did you have any other names in mind? Dd #1 - Eden Macey. We nearly named her Xanna (Zan-ah, rhymes with Hannah). It was actually narrowed down to Eden, Xanna, Pippa, or Violet. In retrospect, I'm SO glad we went with Eden! If she were a boy she would have been Silas Christian.

Dd #2 - Isla Caroline. We had it narrowed down to Isla, Pippa, or Olive. Dh wasn't 100% on board with Olive or that probably would have been her name. I'm still hoping I can swing him for the next girl. lol If she were a boy she would have been Jude Christian. (dh's fn is Christian, btw. )

What would your name have been if you were the opposite gender?
I was almost Shannon or Amy instead of Tiffany. If I'd been a boy, I would have been Zachary...my younger brother's name. Dh would have been Amy (his little sister's name) or Megan. He was nearly Christopher instead of Christian.

C + T since 10.16.2004

August 14th, 2009, 05:45 PM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
Before you chose your LO's name, did you have any other names in mind?[/B] We had a few in mind, Jude, Liam and Harrison. Zane wasn't named till he was born.

What would they have been named if they were the opposite gender? Zane probably would have been Stella.

What would your name have been if you were the opposite gender? I would have been Corey Reece

August 14th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
Audrey was almost Dahlia Aleksandria Jane.

If she was a boy, she would've been Atticus Benjamin James or Julian David.

I would've been Kevin Gary after my grandpa.

Last edited by Melanie.; August 14th, 2009 at 05:54 PM.
August 14th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Other names considered-
Alyssa- Alexa, Shelby, Kiera, and Kailey
Coleman- Brady, Scotty
Emmalyn- Emma, Ava, Bria, Teagan, Jocelyn, Madilyn, Sidney
Lucas- Maxwell, Jacob, Aidan, Griffin
Isabel- Annabelle, Delilah, Kara, Kaia, Greta

Would have been named....
Alyssa- Koy Andrew
Coleman- Sidney or Maddie
Emmalyn- Sawyer Grant
Lucas- Layla Isabel
Isabel- Easton Jacob

If I were a boy I was going to be Craig Thomas.
August 15th, 2009, 06:09 AM
kristi714's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Before you chose your LO's name, did you have any other names in mind? Well we agreed on Layla pretty quick, before we even knew she was a girl. We just knew if we had a girl she would be Layla, we loved it. Other girl names that DH and I threw around were Julia(but I HATE the nm Julie) Karissa, Keagan, a few others were on the list... but it was obvious real quick she was Layla!

What would they have been named if they were the opposite gender? This was AWFUL, DH & I could not for anything come to a complete agreement on a boy name. The only thing that was determined was his mn would be Anthony after my Grandpa until about a week before I gave birth i said OKAY we HAVE to have a boy name in case this baby isn't a girl like they say!!! So finally I got him to agree on Maxon Anthony. Maxon is a name I have lilke for years & stumbled up by accident. It is actually a last name of someone. I feel like I kinda have ownership of the name in a weird way because i have never ever in my life heard it used as a 1st name. But of course the nn Max is ever so popular.

What would your name have been if you were the opposite gender? I have no idea.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search