Popularity

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 13th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
Can you ever win ? At least not with me. haha.

There's a part of me that loves unique names, but then there's another part of me that would be sad if my favorite name dropped on the list meaning it's not as liked anymore or becoming "dated".

August 13th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think I'm like that w/ girls names. I like knowing that other people like the name too, LOL!
It gets to my Dh sometimes though. People gave us a really hard time about choosing Emma and he couldn't take hearing how popular it was any more. He decided we had to stick w/ family based names (people never question those ). I'm very lucky to have an Emmeline and several Isabel/Belles on our family tree

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

August 13th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I understand. I really use to love Emma/Emily etc but since it has been popular for so long they aren't on my list anymore. I still like them, but not as much. Although I have been happy that some of my names I like have gone down on the list because I still really like them and the dated think doesn't bother me too much, especially since my name is Jennifer (that is def a dated name)

>
August 14th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
I am kind of disappointed that Alaina keeps moving up (although I don't think it will ever go too high) but I don't think it would bother me if it dropped a lot because I love the names we've chosen :]

August 16th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Yes! i Know what you mean!

August 16th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
lol... I LOVE it when our names drop! I like a lot of names that most people DON'T like or would never use, lol. I was *thrilled* when our name for a girl dropped to the 900's, heh.
August 17th, 2009, 05:43 AM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
I can't win but not for the same reason...I too LOVE when my name choice isn't in the top. The reason I can't win is b/c I find a name I LOVE and immediately assume it can't be in the top, only to find out it is As many times as I look at that list you'd think I'd know and not get my hopes up
expecting #2 March 2017

August 17th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Hey There's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm happy that only a couple of our top choices are in the top 1000! I'm kind of a freak about popularity, though. Most people don't take it to the extreme that I do!
August 17th, 2009, 09:05 PM
hettyhoo's Avatar Mom to Ty & Grae
I am the opposite, I don't like for my names to climb in populatity..lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search