Bennett

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
Okay....DH and I are both feeling Bennett....I can even look aside the fact that it's in the top 500....I don't feel like it's an extremely popular name.

- Do you think it sounds good with Blaise & Avenley or does it seem way more common than them?
- Do you think he will always be called Ben?
- What do you think of having two B names and one A name....even though this usually bothers me, I lean toward being okay with it because the A name is on a different gender. And it's not like we had 6 kids with only one having a different letter....
August 16th, 2009, 10:26 AM
kmac's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i think bennett and blaise sound good together. i like the name but i can only picture it on a blonde kid....good thing you seem to have blonde babies!
August 16th, 2009, 11:58 AM
IAmMomMomIAm
I think it's fine.. but consider whether you want more than three kids. Should number four be a boy, would you feel pressed to use another B name? Could you find another B name you loved enough?
August 16th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think the names sound fine together.. but I do think he will get called ben a lot

August 16th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Yep Kristen...I have pale blonde kids lol.
August 16th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I think it goes well with the other names

August 16th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
I love Bennett! I like it with Blaise, I don't think it sounds too common next to it.

August 16th, 2009, 08:30 PM
JediRach's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to JediRach
I really like this one.

Harper Elizabeth
July 26, 2010
7 pounds, 6 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long

August 16th, 2009, 08:59 PM
My son's name is Bennett (yup, blond with blue eyes!) and we always introduce him as "Bennett". People ask what we call him (at the moment it is Bennett in public, Benny at home LOL) and for now we use Bennett. He doesn't seem like a "Ben" yet to me (1 yr old) but perhaps he will grow into it. We LOVE LOVE LOVE the name, have compliments on it and haven't met another Bennett as of yet. I think it works well with your other names, btw.
August 16th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think Bennett is great! It sounds nice with Blaise and Avenley, also. And no i dont think it stands out as more common then the other two.

I dont think having common first initials is an issue, but I agree that you should consider if you had a third boy, would you feel obligated to use another B name?

I do think that he might get called Ben quite a bit...
August 16th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Bennett sounds good with Blaise and Avenley.

He probably would be called Ben a bit, but maybe not as much as a Benjamin would, since Benjamin is three syllables and Bennett is two. The longer a name is, the more likely people are to nickname it.

I really think it's overthinking things to worry about whether you'd have to use another B name if you had another boy, and whether you could find one you liked enough. Two boys with B names and one or two kids of either gender without B names does not seem like a theme gone wrong to me.
August 16th, 2009, 11:00 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
I love Bennett! And, I think it goes well with Blaise and Avenley.

While he is young, I think it is easy enough to insist that he be called Bennett and not Ben, Benny, Benji, whatever. But, I think once he's a teen he's going to go by what he wants to go by and that very well might be Ben. But, in 14-18 years, you very well might love the name Ben.

I think it's okay to have two boys with a B name and one girl with an A name. And, I thinik it'd look okay to have two boys with a B name, one girl with an A name, and one boy with a T/X/L/whatever name.
August 17th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Easton's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love the name. I already have a name picked for our little own due in Dec but I may save this ine for #2. I LOVE it!

Thank you Vicki for my AMAZING siggy!

August 17th, 2009, 06:39 AM
Thanks ladies...I'm happy everyone seems to like it I'm fine if he chooses to go by Ben when he's older...It's just that I love the name....the entire name....and I want people to call him the full name while he's young
August 17th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Londa's Avatar At the Crossroads
I like Bennett. I do think it sounds fine with Blaise and Avenley. No I don't think it will get shortened to Ben unless he wants it to because Bennett is not that long to begin with.

August 17th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really like Bennett.
It sounds great w/ your sibset!
I do think he will get called Ben here and there but probably not alot if you and your Dh don't plan on calling him that. I personally love the idea of having a Bennett and calling him Ben

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

August 17th, 2009, 01:20 PM
lauriebeth's Avatar mommy to Riley Grace
I love it and think it sounds great! We've talked about this name if our baby is a boy... I'm a teacher and I've never met a Bennett, so I don't think it's too popular. I think it sounds great with your other names! Like others have said, if you correct people the first time, I think you can avoid his being called Ben.

Thank you Meganpixel for my adorable siggy!

For crocheted hats and hair accessories visit *Daisy Cottage Designs* on Etsy!
August 17th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
I really like it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search