Has this happened to anyone else?

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 17th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Okay, I have recently fallen in love with the Movie Australia, (with Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman) and I kind of like the name Hugh now, last week I would have cast it off as a name that was NOT my style AT ALL. Now though, it's been moved up to Middle name status.

Has this happened to anyone else? They see a movie/TV show and suddenly a name you hated with a passion you like?

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
August 17th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Yes, but with a book.

I just finished reading a book about the Trojan War. I used to hate the name Cassandra while growing up... and now, after reading the book (which was told from the princess/prophetess Cassandra's POV), I really like the name a lot, lol. AND, I actually like it with a K too (Kassandra), as that's the more original form, and how it was spelled in the book.

I wouldn't use it still, but I definitely no longer hate it, lol. I quite like it a lot now.

August 17th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First of all, I LOVE that movie!!

Secondly, that's kinda happened to me in a way. Not so much w/ movies/TV but w/ real life people. For instance, I used to think the name Greta sounded sooo old, but then I met a lil girl named Greta and seeing the name on someone so young change the way I thought about the name. Now I LOVE it!
August 17th, 2009, 05:54 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
Yes, I'm sure it has happened several times; but the only one that I can think of right now is Theo from the movie Children of Men. It was the Clive Owen character and the movie made me really love the name (I wouldn't say I hated it before but it definitely would not be something on my radar). But, I asked several people what they thought of the name and they always came back with Theo from The Cosby Show. That's not a bad association, but it was such a strong association for people - and I didn't want that. So, although I love the name, I still will not use it for a baby.
August 17th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtothe5thPower View Post
First of all, I LOVE that movie!!
Isn't that movie awesome? I'm usually not a huge fan of Nicole Kidman but this movie is awesome and I love her in it.

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
August 17th, 2009, 07:16 PM
IAmMomMomIAm
I really disliked the name Andrew until I married an Andrew. Now I love it.
Same with Morgan, except he's my best friend, not my husband.
And Paul, who is Morgan's dad. If I really like the person, I do start liking the name.
Not sure it's happened with TV or a movie though.

And Niamh - my name is Kassandra. I'm glad you don't hate it anymore!
August 17th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keskes View Post
And Niamh - my name is Kassandra. I'm glad you don't hate it anymore!

Totally didn't know that! Awesome! I'm now quite fascinated with the prophetess Kassandra, lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search