WDYT of my SIL's name themes?

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2009, 01:19 AM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
My SIL recently found out she is unexpectedly expecting #1. (Yay!) She said she pretty much has 2-3 names picked out for each gender that she'll use for her children (she plans on at least 4). The female theme is rather obvious; but I don't know if the male theme is. Can you see the male theme?

Her name is: Holly Rose
DD1: Lillian "Lily" Katherine
DD2: Rose Imogene
DD3: Sage (maybe)

Her Dh's name: Michael Joseph
DD1: Raphael "Rafe" Thomas
DD2: Gabriel "Gabe" Joseph

Honest opinions! WDYT?
August 20th, 2009, 04:42 AM
M&RsMom's Avatar Mama to silly boys
Send a message via AIM to M&RsMom
Lily is cute, I don't care for Rose or Sage or the flower theme...but I'm just not a theme person.

Maybe the boy theme is ending in -el? I love Michael and Gabriel, I don't care so much for Raphael but Rafe is kinda cute.

August 20th, 2009, 06:32 AM
IAmMomMomIAm
The boy theme is angels.. and I love it, honestly. Also neat that the names all end in the "el" sound, which is a more obvious theme. Raphael is more associated with the artist than with the angel, which makes the theme subtle yet still meaningful. One of the best themes I've seen yet, I think..

The girl theme is cute, but I don't care for Rose and Lily is just so-so. The flower theme itself is sweet.
August 20th, 2009, 11:35 AM
alicia1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When's your SIL due? That'd be cool if she's due in May cause the flower for that month is Lily of the Valley. I was born in May and that's my favorite flower growing up since my grandma would always give me them on my b-day.

I like her themes. Cute.

August 20th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1984 View Post
When's your SIL due? That'd be cool if she's due in May cause the flower for that month is Lily of the Valley. I was born in May and that's my favorite flower growing up since my grandma would always give me them on my b-day.

I like her themes. Cute.
I am so glad you pointed that out - about the Lily of the Valley being the flower for the month of MAY.

With all of the hundreds of thousands of girl names out there, SIL and I are stuck on just about the same first name and middle name. Can you believe that?

Dh and I have had Lily picked out since I was pregnant with our son 1 1/2 years ago. I've just been trying to find the perfect "long form" of the name. I've considered some other names, but Dh has been stuck on Lily. And, we are TTCing right now. I think I'm already pregnant but will not be able to test for another 1-2 weeks (I could tell right away when I was pregnant with my other 2 children too). If I am pregnant, *I* will be due in May. My SIL is due in April, but it appears she's really stuck on a long name for Lily too. So, with the Lily of the Valley being due in May would be an argument for US to use the name if we're having a girl.

Lilys are my fave flower too. And, I just think the name goes so well with my 1st DD's name. Isabella and Liliana. "Bella" and "Lily". Isn't that cute? We sometimes call Isabella by Izzie too and Izzie and Lily are cute sister names too.
August 20th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keskes View Post
The boy theme is angels.. and I love it, honestly. Also neat that the names all end in the "el" sound, which is a more obvious theme. Raphael is more associated with the artist than with the angel, which makes the theme subtle yet still meaningful. One of the best themes I've seen yet, I think..

The girl theme is cute, but I don't care for Rose and Lily is just so-so. The flower theme itself is sweet.
And yes, you got it....they're all archangels. But, there are only three. So, I don't know what she would do if she had 3 boys (as her Dh has one of the names). Maybe, she'd go for a Michael Jr. just to follow the theme, but call the boy by his mn. I think it is a subtle theme, so I like it.
August 20th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
Oh that's so unfortunate that you both like the same names! Grrr. I'm a little worried about that happening. My sister and I are both in the stage of having children right now and she likes a lot of the boy names I do. Also a few of my cousins have conceived and I'm afraid of them choosing a name that we wanted to use.

August 21st, 2009, 06:49 AM
IAmMomMomIAm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracle View Post
Oh that's so unfortunate that you both like the same names! Grrr. I'm a little worried about that happening. My sister and I are both in the stage of having children right now and she likes a lot of the boy names I do. Also a few of my cousins have conceived and I'm afraid of them choosing a name that we wanted to use.
Look on the bright side - it would narrow down your list.
August 21st, 2009, 07:12 AM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
I'm not a fan of the flower names but I think Lillian is very nice. I really like the angel theme w/ the male names.
August 21st, 2009, 03:30 PM
Bre+Will=Reid
I like all of the names. I LOVE the male theme. Very neat! I LOVE the name Raphael "Rafe".
August 21st, 2009, 04:55 PM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
Raphael/Rafe is really very, very cool. It's a name I haven't thought of or heard in a long time.

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
August 21st, 2009, 07:22 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
None of the names are really my style.. but I like the theme for the girls!

My friends DH's name is Raphael & everyone calls him Raff

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search