Probably beating a dead horse here....

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
I know I've thrown this SAME sibset out a million and one times but I *think* that we are set on a it. For whatever reason, I have it it my mind that I'm going to have two boys and a girl so I've been driving myself crazy trying to find a 2nd boy name. The sibset that I *think* we've settled on is:

Blaise, Bennett & Avenley.

I'm still apprehensive b/c I've seen the name Bennett popping up a lot lately and I'm thinking it might get popular. Oh and of course, If I'm wrong and have 3 boys then I might feel compelled to have a 3rd B name. *sigh*
September 13th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
Ugh names can be so frustrating! I know what you mean about feeling like you might have to use another B name if you have three boys. Are you and your DH set on having three children? Do you even like any other B names if you end up having three boys?

September 13th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Those three names work so well together!! Love em!
September 13th, 2009, 01:41 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
I really like those names together as a sibset.

If you're really worried about the popularity of Bennett, what do you think of Beckett or Barrett?

Beckett is 100 ranks under Bennett on the SSA list; however, I noticed it wasn't even in the top 1000 in 2005 and it's at #480 by 2008. So, it's growing faster in popularity than Bennett but it might not reach as high as Bennet. It could level out at, say, #400. You just never know. What about Beckham? It's at #893.

Barrett is at #609 -- but again, it jumped nearly 400 ranks in the last 8 years.

I can't really see Beckett, Beckham, or Barrett ever in the top 100 though. What do you think?

I've only seen one other Bennett on JM. And, the boy's name is William Bennet and his mom calls him by his mn. I've never met a Bennett and up until 6 months ago, I'd never even heard the name. I really don't think it's going to be that popular. Yeah, it's more popular than Blaise and Avenley but I think some variability in popularity among your children's names is good.

If you have a girl before a boy, then you're good to go on your sibset and not have to worry about 3 boys and the B thing. But, if you have 3 boys with Blaise and Bennett first, maybe you could come up with a different way for the 3rd son's name to have something similiar to one or both of his brothers names without it starting with a B. Say, for example, Blaise, Bennett and Rhett (mn having something in common with Blaise's mn).
September 13th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I think the names sound great together.... it's hard trying to find the perfect names - and trying to plan for ALL possibilities (all girls, all boys, etc etc)... lol

September 13th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
they sound great together :]

I don't think Bennett is going to get super popular.

September 13th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracle View Post
Ugh names can be so frustrating! I know what you mean about feeling like you might have to use another B name if you have three boys. Are you and your DH set on having three children? Do you even like any other B names if you end up having three boys?
We are planning on have 3, maybe 4 children. No more than that. If I have a boy next and then a girl...I think two B boy names and a girl A name is fine. If I have a girl next then I have a whole 'nother few years and I'll probably like a different boy name then. I guess if the third baby is a boy I could use an A name too b/c if we don't have a girl by the third baby we will adopt (our 4th)....then we'd have two A's and two B's.

yeah....I might put a little too much thought into this

Last edited by Bedazzled; September 13th, 2009 at 05:10 PM.
September 13th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was going to add that I like Bentley with Blaise..but it might be to popular, I don't know the ranks. And if you have Avenley then they both have the -ley ending which wouldn't work unless you have twins
September 14th, 2009, 09:10 PM
JediRach's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to JediRach
I don't think you have to use a third b name if you were to have another boy. and I also think these names sound awesome together!

Harper Elizabeth
July 26, 2010
7 pounds, 6 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long

September 15th, 2009, 11:07 AM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think they sound great together. I don't think any of the names will get too popular.

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter
September 15th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really like that sibset! They sound great together.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search