If you have a namelist that people can vote on...

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2009, 10:47 AM
ImagineOctober's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you have a name list that people can vote on...

1. What are the names that have the lowest votes (bottom two per gender)? And why do you think they are the lowest?

2. What are the names that have the highest votes (top two per gender)?
Are these names your absolute favorite on your total list(s)?

3. Are you considering adding or dropping any name(s) from your list(s)?
September 29th, 2009, 10:55 AM
ImagineOctober's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. Bottom girls names on my list are Vendla and Briseis.

Vendla I got from the musical "Spring Awakening" I think it might be a little too different from other names on my list and that's why people don't like it.

Briseis is a Greek Mythological name that I LOVE that no one else seems to really like. I've gotten responses that range from "how do you pronounce that?" to "it sounds masculine."

2. Bottom boys names on my list are Melkior and Hylas.

Melkior is also a name I got from the musical "Spring Awakening" I don't think people like it because they either don't know how to pronounce it or they just don't like the sound of it. Mel-kee-or.

Hylas is also a Greek Mythological name that I LOVE that very few seem to like. Some people think it's too similar to Hymen.

3. I think I'll eventually take Camden, Coy, Cruz, Parisa, Tesla off the list...I just don't LOVE them. I might add Story and Nicolo to the list. We'll see.
September 29th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
I have a few lists with different names on them on several sites.

The names that are usually the lowest tend to be more unusual or hard to pronounce. The names that rank the highest are the opposite.

I actually tend to prefer the names that people give the lowest ranking, lol.

I'm often adding and taking away names from my lists. Though typically, once I've *absolutely* fallen in love with a name combination, it's pretty much set in stone and doesn't usually change at all... regardless of any poll outcome.

September 29th, 2009, 12:37 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
1. What are the names that have the lowest votes (bottom two per gender)? And why do you think they are the lowest? Jocelyn, Vivienne, Leo, and Greydon. I've noticed the names on my name list that are lower on the SSA list have the lowest ratings and the names closer to the top on the SSA list are more favorably voted for. That's to be somewhat expected.

2. What are the names that have the highest votes (top two per gender)? Liliana Kate "Lily Kate", Olivia, Bennett, and Owen.
Are these names your absolute favorite on your total list(s)? I'm more torn between Liliana and Jocelyn although Olivia is #3. And yeah, Bennett and Owen are in my top 2.

3. Are you considering adding or dropping any name(s) from your list(s)? I'm considering dropping two boy names althought one is voted for favorably. I'm just not feeling it like I used to. And, I great prefer all the other names on my boy list.
September 29th, 2009, 12:49 PM
IAmMomMomIAm
For the record, I love Briseis! Briseus is the masculine form, and they're barely different, so I get the masculine reference.
September 30th, 2009, 12:19 PM
rubyredslipperz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. What are the names that have the lowest votes (bottom two per gender)? And why do you think they are the lowest? Liesel & Priscilla are on the bottom of the girls. Barrett & Weldon are the bottom of the boys. They're not names you hear very often and so I would assume it's also just not most people's style.

Are these names your absolute favorite on your total list(s)? Helen & Amelia are the girl favorites. Theodore & George are the boy favorites. I absolutely LOVE Helen though I'd choose something other than Amelia, first I think. The boy names I love both very much!

There's some names I don't care for anymore but I leave them there just in case I change my mind later. No names I dislike so much to remove.

October 2nd, 2009, 08:00 AM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
1. What are the names that have the lowest votes (bottom two per gender)?

Bottom two for girls are Margo and Aida. For boys its Toby and Ben. The girls are probably on the low end because they aren't as common. I guess the boys are low because people don't like nn-ish names as given names.

The top two for boys are Nathan and Oliver, for girls Cecilia and Stella

Are these names your absolute favorite on your total list(s)? nope!

I'm always adding and dropping names from my list but not because they have a high or low # of votes.

my name list if you are interested :]

October 5th, 2009, 12:17 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma

1. What are the names that have the lowest votes (bottom two per gender)? And why do you think they are the lowest?

India & Sahara
Brynn & Jackson

Emersyn & Isabella/Savannah (tied for 2nd) - Emersyn is my first choice, but we've chosen Albany
Kayleb & Jameson/Jacob (tied for 2nd) - Jameson is 1st equal fave!

Sahara, Maleah & Brynn

October 5th, 2009, 09:35 AM
ladybugmomma's Avatar Trisha
Baby Names at BabyNames.com | Baby Boy Names | Baby Girl Names | Top Most Popular Names
I just started one.. here's mine so far.
October 5th, 2009, 10:17 AM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I just started mine

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

October 5th, 2009, 10:50 AM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jade and Bellatrix
Grimmjow
and Zuma
I think these names are the least popular because they are the least common and some of the most "out there" on my namelist.

2. What are the names that have the highest votes (top two per gender)? Are these names your absolute favorite on your total list(s)?
Lily and Charlotte
Xavier and Kai
I love Lily very much, but this name is far too common for me to use it. I like Charlotte, but this one is too common as well. I only marginally like Xavier and I think it's just because it's an X name, which I find cool. It, too, is too common for my tastes. I prefer the English form of the name Ocean to Kai. None of these names are even close to my top favorite names.

I add whenever I find a new name that strikes my interest, but there is nothing on the fence currently. While there are names on my list currently that I don't love, I will keep them there as possibilities should I find myself in need of a middle name or two in the future.

October 5th, 2009, 12:08 PM
cavewoman's Avatar #2 due in June!
Charisse & Peyton
Only 3 boys names on the list (1 of which was just added so has no votes)

Sydney Noelle & Keira Madison(I more so have first & mn combos of most names) Keira Madeline was just added which is my first choice, Sydney Noelle is 2nd
Evan Isaiah
Aiden Jeffrey

Landon Jeffrey
just added (tied for first with Aiden Jeffrey in my book)

The only ones that will be dropped are the other middle name combos for Madeline & Peyton

my list link:
Baby Names at BabyNames.com | Baby Boy Names | Baby Girl Names | Top Most Popular Names

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search