We Found Out, We're Having A . . .

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2006, 08:57 PM
Veteran
half dozen

What do you do that you get to travel?/ Just curious!! Do you take the whole family?? I think I'd have a stroke traveling with my 2 all the time, never mind 5!! Your brave if you do, anyhow!!!!!
April 2nd, 2006, 06:28 AM
Veteran
My husband is a Archaeologist, which has us all over the place lol. Yes the whole family moves, when he gets transferred to another place. We have a house in Missouri, and that's always ours, we don't sell it or anything when we leave, even if we're going to be gone for 15 months. Our family comes and checks on it and so on. We're home in Missouri right now as well. Hubby is actually getting transferred to IL, and that part that he's working on is only 45 minutes away so I think we all decided already that we're going to spend the summer home, here in Missouri, instead of packing up and going to IL, ,which isn't even an hour away lol.

We've been doing this for a long time now so it's not a big deal I'm used to traveling with all the kids. It got fun when they turned a certain age and they wanted to explore and learn more with me about the place we were staying in. But when we first started boy was it rough, my girls were very young!!! lol but it got easier and now it's pretty routine, it's apart of our life.

I love that we get to travel so much (Although I HATE Flying lol) but once we are there it's pretty fun. Sometimes. But then the downside to the traveling is, being away from your family for a long time! And For us that's hard because we're very close (Mom, Dad, Brothers, Sisters and so On......) Plus living in a place for a long time my girls make friends, and the we have to up and leave, which isn't always easy.... so the job has it's ups and downs! It's almost like being in a military family, but I think we travel more LOL.
April 5th, 2006, 10:43 PM
dkmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
where in Missouri are you? i live in Missouri also - in Sedalia (about an hour east of Kansas City), but i call Illinois home (graduated H.S. there) - LOL even though i grew up in Indiana!
where has been your favorite place to be so far?
April 6th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Veteran
We live in St. Louis Missouri. I love St. Louis, everything has turned out perfect living here. People are so much nicer and friendly! lol Don't get me wrong I love New York and Cali but some people there aren't as friendly.

That's cool you live in Missouri, I never been to Sedalia, but heard of it.

Favorite place we've lived, wow there has been so many cool places but probably the most amazing experience was living in a place called Okinawa, located in Japan. It's a little island and very different but we lived there for 4 years and got really really used to it. I love it there and can't wait to go back. Hubby will be transfered there within the next couple years if not sooner.

But I'm glad were home right now and nice to see some faces we actually know lol. Chris's family and My family both live here in missouri so we've been getting lots of vistors since being home which is great!! We've really missed them.
April 6th, 2006, 07:52 PM
that is soooo funny that you said okinawa - that is where my brother and his family live!!!!!
April 6th, 2006, 08:30 PM
hardstairs.
I like Kannon Dominic.
Wow, Half Dozen.
Are they all your girls?
They're beautiful!
April 6th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Veteran
hardstairs -- Thank you!

lane6901 -- You're kidding!!!! Wow that's so amazing, usually everytime I tell somebody about that place NOBODY has ever heard of it. lol Have you ever been there?
April 7th, 2006, 02:38 PM
no - but i want to really bad. he and his family moved over there last summer (he is in the air force), that is were his wife's family is from. unfortunately he was called to go to the middle east a month or so ago, so he is not there, but the rest of the family is. my husband was in the navy and lived in japan for 4 years, so he is really wanting to go back sometime - so hopefully one day, we will get to visit, but we'll see how the $$$ is

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search