We Found Out, We're Having A . . .

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2006, 11:19 AM
Veteran
We found out today we are having a BOY!!!!!!!!!!! YAYAYAYA!!!!! So now that we know what we're having for sure, his name is going to be.....(Well, this is what we have come to but then again we changed my last daughters name 15 times before she was here LOL but I won't bug you gals that many times lol I don't want to be annoying!!!) (Plus this is probably going to be our last child, and only son... and we want to name him after hubby's brother that died.)

~KANNON~

Our last name is Karter, so he'll be Kannon Karter, We've also decided no "K" Middle names lol...

In my last post you all helped with middle names a lot!! Thank you!!! Hubby and I have been talking and we both decided we want a unique or unusal middle name for Kannon as well.... But if you have any regular ideas we would aslo love to hear them, because we won't be as picky with the middle name like we were with the first name lol...but we're lost right now and really need some help, so if you can think of any little thing that goes with Kannon that would be great. Here are some we came up or like, so far!!

Kannon Gage

Kannon Drake -- Daughter Kaydence likes this one the most --

Kannon Alan

Kannon Dakota -- Daughter Mallory wants it to be this, but I think of Dakota as a girls name.. WDYT?]

Kannon Ace

Kannon Donovan

Kannon Dominic

Kannon Daimion

Kannon Tavarez

Kannon Miles

Kannon Tristan
March 27th, 2006, 11:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
CONGRATS ON YOUR BABY BOY!!

I love the name you've chosen because it's unique and has so much meaning to your family. Of the choices you listed for mn..I'd pick Kannon Drake. Otherwise..I think Kannon Reese/Reece is cute.

Formerly known as "mommynina"

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
March 27th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Veteran
RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!! YEAHOOOOOOO!! That is awesome!!! Congrats on the BOY ... at last hey!!!?

As for Kannon, it sound cool with your last name.

For unusual middle names, I'll give you some more. From your list I like the sounds of dominic.

How about:

Kannon xavier
Kannon Zander
Kannon Elijah
Kannon Matias
Kannon Talon
Kannon Weston
Kannon Wade
Kannon Wyatt
Kannon Orion

Like any???

Good luck, It sure is nice to know. NOW....go out shopping for BLUE stuff!!!! I bet with all the girls, there won't be a problem going shopping for him!!!! LOL!!
March 27th, 2006, 11:44 AM
mom2LyricStoryLegend's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2LyricStoryLegend
Congrats!
I like Kannon Drake and Kannon Gage the best from your list...BTW, I love all of your kids names.

Some more ideas:
Kannon Blaze
Kannon Chase
Kannon Burke
Kannon Mason
Kannon Dax
Kannon Rebel
Kannon Steele
Kannon Beckett
Kannon Alton
Kannon Dallas
Kannon Desmond
Kannon Gatlin
Kannon Maddox
March 27th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was just looking at the pictures in your siggie. You have BEAUTIFUL girls! Congratulations on your lil boy!

All your names are great. Sorry I am no help.

March 27th, 2006, 12:25 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The ones I like the most are (that I think flow with your last name):

Kannon Donovan

Kannon Dominic

Kannon Tristan

March 27th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Super Mommy
CONGRATULATIONS! I guess the saying should be changed to "Sixth time's the charm"! I know you are excited to buy blue things & cute boys clothes. I'm sure your baby will be on the best dressed list with all the older girls helping him out!

LOVE the name Kannon, I'm so glad you are using it! I'll give my opinion on the MNs you have listed:

Kannon Gage----I do love this combo & have to admit Gage is a cute name even though it reminds me of Pet Cemetery....LOL This is one of my top choices of your list.

Kannon Drake -- I don't really like Drake for some reason....don't know why.

Kannon Alan---don't like all the N sounds, kind of a tongue twister

Kannon Dakota -- I am not a huge fan of this combo, but think Dakota is more of a boy's name to me since I know 2 boys named Dakota (the only girl I've heard of named this is Dakota Fanning)

Kannon Ace--- I think Ace is a super cute name!

Kannon Donovan--- I think all the O and N sounds might be too much for this combo.

Kannon Dominic-- I'm not a big fan of Dominic

Kannon Daimion-- Again, the ON sounds...you must like names with Ns

Kannon Tavarez --- Tavarez? That's pretty different--is there a meaning behind this name choice?

Kannon Miles--- don't like Miles

Kannon Tristan-- I like the name Tristan but not this combo---probably my same old objection about N sounds....LOL

I was trying to think of some other MNs but I'll just wait and see what you and your fam comes up with if you post again & try to give my opinion for what it's worth! Good luck!! You've got great taste in names so I'm sure whatever you choose will be cute.
March 27th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Bre+Will=Reid
Congrats on having a baby boy!!! I bet your poor husband needs some testosterone in the house with all of you girls! By the way, your daughters are BEAUTIFUL. You must feel so blessed, what a great family

Okay, names. I LOVE Kannon by the way!

Kannon Gage- I dont care for Gage

Kannon Drake -- I think of a duck when I hear Drake

Kannon Alan- Too much "en/an" sound, it's a mouthfull

Kannon Dakota -- It sounds good together, and I like it, but I agree with you that Dakota is more of a girls name

Kannon Ace- I LOVE the name Ace, but not too sure about the flow with Kannon

Kannon Donovan- Again, too much "en/an" sound....

Kannon Dominic- Really cute

Kannon Daimion- See response for Donovan

Kannon Tavarez- Dont care for it.

Kannon Miles- MY PICK!! I Love the name Miles, and it sounds so good together!

Kannon Tristan- Not a huge fan of Tristan.
March 27th, 2006, 07:12 PM
dkmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! i bet you are so happy that you get to have a boy this go around! i bet DH is happy to since he is pretty outnumbered LOL!

i LOVE Kannon Drake - i think it sounds great together and with your last name.

this isnt on your list, but i also really like Kannon Jamison

(and "bug" us as many times as you want - i think we all enjoy this )
March 27th, 2006, 08:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to playwithlights Send a message via Yahoo to playwithlights
YAYAY!!! CONGRATS!!!!!! its about time you had a boy! LOL! i bet your girls are excited as well as your husband!!! lol.

anyways, you know what my vote is for, Kannon GAGE!

</div>
March 27th, 2006, 08:32 PM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your little boy-finally!
I love Kannon-and I like Drake the best for m/n.
And, your girls are all so beautiful and I love their names-especially Kallaway!

March 27th, 2006, 09:37 PM
dansgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like Kannon Mason and Kannon Drake. Congrats!
March 28th, 2006, 07:56 AM
Veteran
Thank you so much everybody. We are very VERY HAPPY!!! FINALLY a BOY in the house lol. It still seems unreal, as silly as that may sound!!!

I Love the names you gave me and I'm glad to hear what you think about the names we were thinking about.

For the ones that asked about Tavarez, it's my husband's Uncle name. Hubby is a BIG family guy lol so he was thinking of some of his family names which is mostly spanish names.

The names we've come to like the most is Kannon Gage. That's the ONLY one so far we both agree on!

I gave him the list on here and (We both say Thank you for the big help lol) we went through the list, some I LOVE and he HATES , and some he LOVES and I HATE! lol so we're not agreeing on middle names right now, but GAGE.

Thank God we still have a while to go lol.

I think the other name we said we liked was Kannon Maddox, Hubby loves that for a first name too, but we're keeping Kannon.

Oh the other name we like is

Kannon Yadier -- Pronounced -- Yah-Dee-Air

This is also one of Hubby's Cousins names LOL -- Can anybody tell we're trying to keep it in the family? LoL?! --

Ok every one thanks a lot and if you want to post any names that you think sound great, FEEL FREE to do it.
My daughters are trying to come up with names too I'll post those on here later if they think of any that we all agree on, just to see what you guys think!

Thanks again everybody!!!
March 28th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on a boy!! I know how it feels kinda surreal! LOL! I had two boys and got pg and was thinking its probably another boy but it was a girl!!

I love Kannon! Super Cute!!

Kannon Maddox - This is a really cute combo!

Kannon Yadier - I dont like this at all. Sorry

Kannon Gage - Cute

Kannon Drake - I used to have a dog named Drake so to me its a doggy name.

Kannon Alan - Dont like this combo

Kannon Dakota - This is kinda cute but I also think Dakota more girly sounding

Kannon Ace - This si really cute too!

Kannon Donovan - Dont like this

Kannon Dominic - Dont like this

Kannon Daimion - This is cute

Kannon Tavarez - This could grow on me. I am a really big "family name" person. All my kids mn are family names.

Kannon Miles - Dont like this

Kannon Tristan - OK
March 28th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Veteran
djs61111 -- Thank you! Your kids are sooooooo CUTE! What a beautiful family. Congrats on getting a little girl, they are so precious!!
Thanks for your thoughts on the names.

My girls are writing a list right now of names they like, so I should be back later to post them I hope!!!

-- Kannon "?????????" Karter --
March 28th, 2006, 12:16 PM
Tanookie82's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kannon is an interesting name, I like the signifigance behind it.

In order I like Kannon Gage, Kannon Donovan, Kannon Dominic, Kannon Drake, Kannon Alan, Kannon Daimion, Kannon Miles, Kannon Ace, Kannon Tristan, Kannon Dakota, Kannon Tavarez.
March 28th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Veteran
Just have to add, I only have 1 girl. And now I have a baby boy, it took awhile to realize that I did infact..have a BOY!!! I was so used to girly everything, it was a cool switch!!!
I imagine this too will hit you for awhile after HE is born, don't worry, it'll only take 6 months to realy get used to it!! They are sooo fun!@!!( and messy too!!!)
March 28th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Regular
Hi, I am new to this site but I had to sign up just so I could reply to your post. I am due in 8 days and have been struggling with naming my baby boy. I have loved the name Cannon for months but have gotten mixed response to it. I am so glad to find another person on this planet that likes the name! I like it spelled with a K too, but need a C name.
March 28th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Veteran
RJS1982 -- Thank You!

small mo -- I'm glad I'm not the only one! lol I am excited and off the wall happy, but it just doesn't seem real. LOL I KNOW how goofy that sounds but when you've heard "IT"S A GIRL" your whole life lol it's like going into shock after hearing "It's a BOY!!!" lolol We will definitely have a big change after he's here, Geezzzz From all the girly bows, play make-up, dresses, and painting nails............to a little BOY!!! LoL We're going to be in shock for a long time even after he's born. I went shopping today, for boy clothing and it felt so WEIRD!!! Once we get back to the states I'm going to go boy crazy and just buy anything and everything BLUE LOL!!!!!

aprilbaby06 -- Hi! Glad to see you signed up to reply, nice to have you here!! Your due date is almost here, congrats on the baby boy!!!! Cannon is such a cute name for a boy, Believe me we've heard a lot of different things about it too. A lot of people don't care for the name. I DIDN'T even care for it at first lol, but it really has grown on me and I just LOVE it now. Cannon or Kannon "Either way spelt' Is adorable to me! I have NEVER heard of it for a name until my Hubby's Brother.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search