Stick in the mud DH

Forum: Baby Names

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2005, 07:13 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Don't get me wrong I love all my kids names. I am not into really unusual names. I am into more traditional names for the most part. My kids names (if you don't know) are Jeremy, Angela, and Brandon. Not exactly really exciting. I am happy with their names but I was thinking this time I would like to have a more unique name. But dh just isn't going for it.

Jeremy and I were talking about names and he suggested Danna Love for a name. Keep in mind he is five year's old so... Anyway I kind of like the name. Its been really growing on me. I can live with us not using Love for a middle name since that one is kind of a strange name. But I was really liking the name Danna. I have a cousin named Danna so its not an unheard of name to me. So I mention it to dh and he is like that's nice. I think not wanting to hurt Jeremy's feelings. But then he says what about Dana? UGGH! He will take every possible unique name and turn it into a regular name. I wanted to name Angie Angelina but he wouldn't go for that. He finally agreed on Angela.

Any ideas on winning him over to a more unique name?
Patty JustMommies Administrator
March 4th, 2005, 07:19 PM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
Oh my I don't know how you will go about doing that Patty! I loveeee Angelina! I cann't believe he wouldn't go for that one before. I like the name Danna it is nice. Has he come up with any names?

March 4th, 2005, 07:20 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No idea. Tyler is the #12 most popular name for '04 and Jacob is #5. So you see how orignal Jer let me go with that one.

I really like Sabrina--that's not to out there but a little more orginal. I'm also a fan of Gavin or Taylor. Just my 2 cents though. Good luck. If you find out how to change his mind let me know your secret. lol

March 4th, 2005, 08:13 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Oh I forgot my other suggestion he definitely didn't go for. I asked him if we could name a girl Kelly. I think I insulted him. (In case you don't know dh's name is Kelly). He does not like his name. I think people have given him the "you've got a girl's name" all his life so he was not really happy when I suggested it for a name.

I will let you know if I win him over.
Patty JustMommies Administrator
March 6th, 2005, 09:14 AM
mamaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will let you know how I did it - VOLUME. Every week I came up with a new list of names. So as not to annoy the crap out of him, I only presented the new list on the weekends (and did not talk about names any other time) This went on for the duration of the pregnancy...week after week after week for 35 weeks!

In the end, he got the "traditional" first name he wanted on her birth cert, but we call her by her middle name (Quinn) which is far from common

In summary-
Mom: 1 Dad: 0

Good Luck!!
Carpe Diem
March 6th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Beccaboo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Beccaboo
Hey Patty.. I just thought I would let you know of a name that I really like for a girl if you are looking for a girl's name.. Jaylen Mackenzie...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search