uR cHiLd-cHiLdReNs NaMeS

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 14th, 2006, 08:12 AM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am big on family names so:
Troy--named after a cousin I worshiped who was killed in a hunting accident when I was 10
Hawkins--My grandmother's maiden name--she passed away while I was 6 months pregnant so there was no discussion--we agreed to use this as a middle name for a boy or a girl.
We did debate Troy because my DH wanted to name him Barrett after a family that meant a lot to him, but I was hesitant because his initials would have been BM (mine were VD growing up and I knew he would get teased!). When he was born, my husband immediately said "This is Troy"!

April 14th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Jayden Jacob Rafael.

Most people think I named my so Jayden because 'it's a cool, trendy name'. Actually my family are very religious and I wanted to use a biblical name. I liked the way Jadon sounded but wanted to use Jay as a nickname, so i changed the spelling to Jayden. Me and my mum chose Jacob. Rafael is a family name.

Mummy to

Jayden Jacob Rafael 14/6/03

My Names & Parenting Board
April 14th, 2006, 11:17 AM
mom2LyricStoryLegend's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2LyricStoryLegend
For Lyric and Story both I found their names on the internet because I wanted something unique.
April 14th, 2006, 11:48 AM
mom to soon to be 4 GIRLS
Our first daughter is named Jessica Marie. She is named after my older sister... Jessica. Marie is mine and my mom's middle name.

This girl will be Alisha Brielle. ALisha is kind of after my dad ALbert (I don't like the name alberta) and Brielle is just something that we liked. I wanted to give her a not so traditional name..

April 14th, 2006, 01:21 PM
laineybugsmommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sheldon Lane Pierce:
When I found out I was PG with a boy, I knew I wanted him to have DH's initials ,SLP, but I didn't want a boys name that started with S that you heard every day, so after a bit of looking I found Sheldon, and loved it from the start! We couldn't come up with a middle name that started with L that we could agree upon, untill I suggested my dad's middle name, Lane, which we didn't tell my dad about till after I delivered my son, it made him tear up!

We are TTC #2, we hope a girl, and I plan on naming her Delanie Grace, or a boy Riley James!!

thank you tasha-mae for my siggy!
April 14th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mason Karl- Mason because I liked it and it was the only one that went well with Karl. Karl for my husband and his dad's middle name.

If I have a girl it will be Nevaeh Lynn or Nevaeh Grace

April 16th, 2006, 06:46 PM
JuneBug2006's Avatar Forever missing Gracie
Son: Alexander Joseph Karl
Alexander - name of my mom's father who had passed away when she was 13.
Karl - my dad's name
Joseph - male version of my own middle name; also the name of a saint.

Junebug:
If a girl - Jenevieve Ellen Grace or Grace Ellen Genevieve
Grace is especially important to me.
Ellen is my granny's name.
Genevieve is a name that both DF and I love.

If a boy - Caiden Michael Terrance
Caiden is the only boys name that DF and I like!
Michael is DF's middle name.
Terrance is DF's father's name.
April 30th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Frelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Frelle Send a message via AIM to Frelle Send a message via Yahoo to Frelle
Jess and JuneBug, we have some similarities in our name choices!!

Grace: a virtue name, on both our lists way before conception
Ellen: my middle name and a family tradition
Amelia: Grace was due on her birthday, friend of ours

Lillian: Old fashioned name we both liked
Hazel: husband's grandma, passed away when I was 12 weeks pg
Judaea: in honor of our midwife, and her youngest daughter who was present at Lily's birth

Felicity: virtue name we liked
Ann: my mom's name
Elise: to honor 3 Elizabeth's in our family tree. (And my oldest wanted baby to have a princess name, so Annelise fits that description!)

Thank you BAM for my signature!!

May 2nd, 2006, 09:59 AM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
For years before I was pregnant, I never wanted children, but always said if I ever have a baby, I want a girl named Chanel.

She's named after the designer label, but really more after Coco Chanel, because she's such a lady and I love her.

I also love the name Violet, and because I'm Polish and have family in Poland who are like "What kind of name is Chanel?", I gave her a polish middle name: Violetta

Chanel Violetta

Some of my friends call her Coco![/b]

Funny that you mention about coco, Ever since I seen that you named her that I always thought if I had a daughter named Chanel I would give her the nn of coco!

Brody Steven James

Brody- James picked this name, he was watching that show that was on last year that got cancelled after like 4 episodes I think called "the princes of malibu" about the music guy with his 2 bratty sons,, anyways the one bratty son was named Brody,, and James heard it and remembered how much he liked that name,,, so here he is!

Steven
- I had a nephew who died in a car accident when he was 3 and his name was Steven Cody,, and I was thinking of another middle name for Brody and it reminded me of Cody so I decided it should be Steven.

James- After his daddy

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

May 2nd, 2006, 12:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Alexander Anthony- Alexander because we really liked the nick name Xander. I heard the name on a television show and absolutly loved it! Anthony because it was my husband's middle name.

Lucas James- Contrary to my families belief he is not named after George Lucas (Husband is a Star Wars freak) or James Cameron (my favorite director). I heard the name Lucas on a movie and I loved the character so hence his name is Lucas. James my dad's middle name.

Baby number 3 will either be
Aiden Gene-With Aiden, I was looking through a baby name book and just fell in love with it. Gene is after my grandmother who's name is Jeanette

Or for a girl it will be
Emily Rose- My husband has just like both names since he was little.
May 2nd, 2006, 06:42 PM
RyMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to RyMommy Send a message via MSN to RyMommy Send a message via Yahoo to RyMommy
Since we haven't fully decided on a boy's name, I'll just list off the ones we've narrowed it down to...

Griffin - Kind of a nontraditional name, one of the few BF and I could agree on.
Mason - I like this more than Griffin, it's still not as popular.
Bodhi - BF hates this one, but I call him this anyway! I have loved this name for a long time, and I believe it means enlightened one or one close to Buddha.

Middle name: Allan - This is BF's middle name, as well as his father's middle name.

If we'd found out he was a girl, he would've been Elliott Riley.
Elliott - I have loved this name ever since I was introduced to the music of Elliott Smith.
Riley - The only middle name BF and I could agree on.
<3I'm in love with a fireman!<span style="color:#FF99FF"><3

</div>
May 3rd, 2006, 08:20 PM
4boys
Bailey Alexander- My husband came up with this basically because I couldn't think of any boy names that I liked at the time. He said "how about Bailey?" and I said "OK". But I have loved Alexander since childhood. It was almost Alexander Bailey but my husband doesn't like the nn Al or Alex.

Toby Macaiden- Toby was the only name we both really liked. As a teenager I had a dream that I had a boy named Macaiden, I've never heard the name before or since, but I don't care if it's made up, I still like it. And besides that, the girl name we chose for him was Kadence and we wanted something that sounded similar to it.

Benjamin Phillip- Benjamin is again, one of the only names we could agree on (we seem to have such a hard time with boy names and yet we keep having boys ) and I thought it went well with my other boys' names. The other name we considered was Judah but I was afraid it wouldn't go over well with our families and didn't go as well with Bailey and Toby. Phillip is after my husband.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search