uR cHiLd-cHiLdReNs NaMeS

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2006, 08:09 AM
youngmum123
WHAT DID YOU CALL YOUR CHILD, CHILDREN?? AND HOW DID YOU CHOOSE THAT NAME??

I called my baby girl Kaylee amber…. Well my boyfriend just said after she was born we will call her Kaylee… and my name came into it.. I dunno who chose that.. Oh well.. But yeah I love the name..
We didn’t have a name picked out before she was born couldn’t think of one.. It hard I think.
April 10th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Nina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Nina
Raven Laura Andreina::
I knew I wanted to name my first daughter Raven when I was 13. I've always loved that name. Her middle names are Laura, which is my sister's name and Andreina, my father's middle name is Andre, so I combined his and my name together.

Alexander Julian Kevin-James::
It took DH and I forever to come up with a name for our son. We knew Kevin and James would be in there, but I didn't want either of those for a first name. So it was between Julian and Alexander.They're both such strong names, which is why we liked them, but we couldn't decide which one to choose, so we picked them both!

xxx

April 10th, 2006, 10:18 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My son's name is Liam Edward. We both just really liked the name Liam and had it picked way before I even got pregnant. Edward is a family name on both sides of our families.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

April 10th, 2006, 10:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Raine was our DD names right from the minute we knew we were having her. DH and I both love the rain. Without it, nothing could survive.

DH Mother's name is Rose, and my Grandmothers name is Marie. So she became Raine Rose-Marie.

</div>
April 10th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Margarita's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For years before I was pregnant, I never wanted children, but always said if I ever have a baby, I want a girl named Chanel.

She's named after the designer label, but really more after Coco Chanel, because she's such a lady and I love her.

I also love the name Violet, and because I'm Polish and have family in Poland who are like "What kind of name is Chanel?", I gave her a polish middle name: Violetta

Chanel Violetta

Some of my friends call her Coco!
April 10th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am big on using family names for middle names, dh and I both have family names and I think its so neat and I want my kids to have a meaning in their name.

Jaxon Angel - We didnt know if we had a boy or girl before he was born and we had Jackson picked for a boy and Olivia for a girl. My neice actually came in and siad you should spell it Jaxon because its different and we loved it. Angel is dh's and dh's dads middle name.

Xavier Lee - We knew he was a boy and we were having the hardest time picking a name and Dh called and said I just heard the coolest name and it stuck. Lee is my dads and grandpas middle name.

Gabriella Jean Michael - We call her Ella but I wanted her to have a more "grown up" name to use if she wants when she gets older. Jean is my middle name and my grandmas middle name, Michael was dh's brother that past away the same day Ella was conceived.
April 10th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Eka09M
Brinlee Addisyn
For the longest time I loved the name Madison... its my grandpa's middle name and it was just so cute. Well, of course it started getting over used so when we got pregnant my DH didn't really want to use it. I was so set on Madison Brinlee, so my daughter could have her father's initials (he is Matthew Bradley)... well, Madison got shot down very quickly so we moved on to the name Brinlee... I hadn't ever heard someone name their child Brinlee, I've heard Brynn (which is where I got her name from but I thought Brynn was too short for a first name) but not Brinlee or any other spelling of Brinlee. Its such a beautiful name so we definitely knew we would be using Brinlee. The middle name was a little more difficult, we went through so many names but I just couldn't forget the fact that I wanted to name her after my grandpa. I didn't like the way Brinlee Madison sounded with our last name (also starts with M) so I took off the M and suggested Addison. DH loved it!!!!!! So did I... and I still was able to say she was named after my grandpa. Well, Addison looked too masculine/boring to me and I wanted something different that I wouldn't hear/see all the time so we went with the spelling Addisyn. After we named our daughter Brinlee, the name started popping up everywhere... which kind of upsets me... but then again, it just means we made a great choice!!! LOL I'm also having this same thing go on with the name we have picked out for our second daughter... I hadn't ever heard of it before and now it is everywhere... but once again... oh well, great minds think alike!!!!
April 10th, 2006, 02:15 PM
MamaBx3
Nevaeh Skyy

We found Nevaeh online .. I mentioned it to Dakota in name lists, but he never knew how to pronounce it so he never said anything about it. Then one day he said he heard it and I was like .. ahh I've asked about that name soo many times !! LOL
He chose her middle name .. we thought it went perfectly with Nevaeh .. (being Heaven spelled backwords)
April 10th, 2006, 06:51 PM
dkmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Damen Michael
I had the name Damen picked out for my so before i ever even had MET my DH. so when i met him and we knew we were going to be together forever we were talking about the names of our future children. I told him i had always wanted my son to be named Damen - and he loved it. we like to have a new age type first name, and a traditional/old fashioned middle name. so when we were pregnant and talking about middle names, we came across michael, and both liked it alot. then 9/11 happened (i was 3 mos. preggo) and one of the stories that stuck out to us more than anything was about the firefighter chaplin that had the chance to leave one of the towers and save himself, but instead, he chose to stay with the fireman and administer the last rites. his first name was michael. as soon as i heard that story, i knew that damens middle name had to be that.
Edited to Add: we decided on the spelling Damen rather than Damon because it was different - and we liked the overall look better. people always say that his name reminds them of Demon, or Damian and it creeps them out. this way we can say that his name is Amen with a D

Kendall Rose
the same thing again with a new first name and old fashioned middle name. when we got pregnant, dh and i both went through the baby name book and wrote down all the names we liked - then traded lists, we were really hoping that we had at least one of the same names on the list, but we didn't. but, he had the name kendall on his list, and i've always liked that name, but i guess i just missed it in the name book. i had only heard the name Kendall one other time, a girl that was older than me in school had that name, so that was a plus. so we decided on Kendall (unfortunately after we had her, i saw the name Kendall EVERYWHERE - there was even a Kendall born the day before our Kendall was!) the middle name was so hard to pick cuz dh didn't like anything. i've always loved rose, to me that name just makes me think "beautiful" so after many months of shooting down names (rose being one of them) dh finally decided that since he wasn't coming up with any options, he would just let me decide on the middle name - so he settled with rose
April 10th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ashton was supposed to be Tyrus but i always loved the name ashton. about two weeks before i was due we were at brads grandparents house and my sister in law who was doing in vitro at the time asked if we had any names picked out. i told her tyrus and some other names and said i really liked the name ashton but thought brad would never go for it. she started gushing over the name saying how much she liked it and how it was such a nice name. i knew she would have a baby before we had another one and i didnt want her to take it. so on the way home i brought ashton up to brad and he loved it.

cooper also came on the way home. cooper was a little boy at the daycare that i used to work out that brad thought was the coolest kid. it flowed so we named him ashton cooper.

April 11th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Trissylynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Trissylynn Send a message via Yahoo to Trissylynn
Bo Leonard

DH always loved the name Bo i guess...so i let him pick out the boy's name...wasn't too excited about it at first but now i absolutely love it! and Leonard is after my great grandpa, it's my dad's middle name, DH's grandpa's name, and his uncle's name who passed away...so that was a no brainer. i think it flows really well together.

April 11th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
well i don't have my child yet he/she is growing as we speak,

but i've decided on these names

for a girl: Gaby Jayde. Gaby was the only girls name me & my (ex) partner could agree on, and Jayde is after my first baby angel (Jayden)

for a boy: Kaiden Warrington-James. Kaiden is also a bit of a tribute to Jayden, as they sound very similar, Warrington is after my Dad's Dad, whom I never met (he died when dad was 12), and James is after my Mum's Dad, who died in 1998...

April 11th, 2006, 07:55 PM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
Well, we thought that our daughter was going to be a boy for the longest time.. So the name we had picked out was Noah Lee.. Noah because its the only name we could agree on for a boy (my BF is SO stubborn).. And Lee because its the boyfriend's MN.

BUT as you all can tell, it was a girl! So, we didn't have a name picked out for because we were so sure she was a boy.. The day she was born, her daddy mentioned the name Mikayla.. And I thought that it really suited her, so we agreed on that.. And then her MN is Lynn after me (my MN is Jacklynn) & my mother (her MN is Lynn). I think its pretty

But with our next baby, my boyfriend will probably choose it because I had more control over naming our daughter
April 12th, 2006, 07:13 AM
*Leslie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Leslie* Send a message via Yahoo to *Leslie*
Well mine aren't "official yet, as I still have til December until he/she is born. but for a boy it's going to be Rowan Lee... I feel in love with Rowan the first time I saw it, and immediately thought it was a boy's name.... and Lee is the dad's middle name, we are on the outs right now, but I know things will get better, and this is a lifelong decision.... for a girl I am going to name her Serenity Grayce-Lynn..... Serenity for my love of the Serenity prayer during this rough first bit of pregnancy, and wanting my life to be Serene, Grayce just b/c I love that name, and Lynn for my bestfriend since childhood that died in a car accident 2 years ago.....

April 12th, 2006, 11:25 AM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kylie Ada-----Joey and I went through the book and each made a list of names. We traded lists and crossed off all the names we didnt like from each others. Kylie was on his list, and I really grew to love it-which was a good thing because he didnt much care for any of the names on my list. We couldnt come up with a m/n, but we threw names out there a lot. One night, we were in the shower, and the name Ada just came to me-I thought it sounded nice together. After the shower I got the name book to look up the meaning(meanings never meant a whole lot to me, but I still wanted to know). There were a few different origins-and the different meanings were 'first daughter' beautiful' and happy'. So, after finding that out, it was just a given! Kylie Ada

April 13th, 2006, 04:44 AM
Seems I'm the only mother of a large family who has replied LOL. I could write a book but they are all just names we liked, that suited our children.
Winter Lily
Lola Fleur
Ariel Grace
Austin Rupert
Griffin David
Bronte Isobel
Saffron Kate
Felicity Rose
April 13th, 2006, 09:59 AM
MrsCalhoun's Avatar Ryan Lover
Quote:
My son's name is Liam Edward. We both just really liked the name Liam and had it picked way before I even got pregnant. Edward is a family name on both sides of our families.[/b]
YAY. another liam!!!
Liam Connor:
we love the name liam from the start, but were having a hard time agreeing on a second name. i circled my finger on the list of names and landed on connor. lol....pathetic, but was the only thing worked without us killing eachother. hehe.

April 13th, 2006, 10:39 AM
ツMeagan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
:Our Daughter:

Emma - Was my grandmother's name

Elizabeth - My sister's middle name

Ann - My mother's middle name

:Our Son:

Kaden - We both just like the name

Markus - DB's name, also the daddy

Edward - Was my father's middle name
April 14th, 2006, 05:57 AM
Regular
Ely Garrett. We both loved the name Ely, and agreed on it straight away. Garret was another name we both loved, and it flowed well.

Benét Ashlen. Benét was another name we agreed on straight away. We were going to spell it Benay, so people wouldn't mispronounce it, but we went with the traditional spelling. We liked the name Ashley, but it didn't sound nice with Benét, so we used Ashlen.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search