two middle names?

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2010, 05:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Is it a pain to have two middle names? Like for filling out forms...do you just put both middle names in the Middle Name box?

I ask because I would love to use MIL's middle name and my moms first name as middle names if we have a girl. The name would be Aven Lee Margit. I know I could combine Aven and Lee to make Avenlee, but neither DH nor I really like Avenlee. We both LOVE Aven.

February 23rd, 2010, 06:21 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
My husband has two middle names and says its not a big deal. He says most government forums just want middle initials anyways so thats what he does most. We get a lot of stuff that is sent to Andrew William M. T__ or just Andrew M. W. T__ if we get this monogrammed we just do A.T. with no middle names/

He has never had any problems.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

Last edited by LadyGamer; February 23rd, 2010 at 06:23 PM.
February 23rd, 2010, 06:24 PM
*~ Joni ~*'s Avatar Jordana Jacoby & Jamason
I don't find it a pain. Jacoby has two middles and if there's room on the form for both, I put both, if not I use the first one. If there's only room for one middle initial, I use the first.

That said, I'm not a huge fan of two middle names on girls since girls will likely gain yet another name when they marry. Yeah, they'll probably drop their maiden last name but it's still a part of your name in your mind really. Anyway, that's just my opinion. Plus, I'm assuming since you asked, that Delia does not have two middles. For me, I can see having one naming criteria for girls and a different one for boys, but since we're talking about two girls, I'd stick to the girl naming trend that you've started (i.e. one middle) But again, maybe that's just me.

If you don't really want to use two middles, I would suggest combining Margit and Lee and naming her Aven Marlee.

Last edited by *~ Joni ~*; February 23rd, 2010 at 06:29 PM.
February 23rd, 2010, 10:48 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My dh has two middle names and doesnt mind it. Isaac has two as I really wanted to use those family names

February 24th, 2010, 09:51 AM
tiffanys's Avatar Expecting #1- Fisher
My Dh has 2 middle names and it's never been an inconvenience for him! Our son will be getting dh's middle names as well!
I personally think its unique to have 2 middle names and l love the idea!
Blessed Mommy to Fisher and baby#2 Hunter on his way

February 24th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Both my kids have two middle names (as will our future two kids), and we don't find it a hassle at all. For forms, they usually are just looking for a middle initial... so we just use the first middle initial.

For example, instead of Seamus Padraig Scott Dhabolt, it's Seamus P. Dhabolt. Instead of Rhiannon Caoimhe Siobhan Dhabolt, it's Rhiannon C. Dhabolt.

If it asks for the full middle name... then we put both names. Never had an issue.

February 25th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Cece
If it's a big concern, you could just wait for your second child and use either your mom's name or your MILs middle name as their middle name. Both Aven and Lee could be used for boys or girls, so that isn't too much of a problem (unless either woman gets upset over having their name used on a boy). So each child could have a namesake and one middle name.
February 27th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
yeah ditto to the above

my daughter had two middle names because i liked how sofia isabella sounded together but i also wanted her to have my middle name since we didnt think we'd have anymore kids so shes Sofia Isabella Marie.Usually forms just ask for an intial so i put I.
February 28th, 2010, 06:33 PM
iMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have two middle names, and I do find it a little annoying. I prefer my second middle name (Viktoria) to the first (Ann), so I'm always a little grouchy to put A as my first initial when filling out forms. Sometimes I use the V anyway and sometime I leave it out altogether.
March 2nd, 2010, 08:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for all of the responses! I really like the suggestion of Aven Marlee, but DH isn't so sure (I'll have to work on him). I was trying to figure out a way to combine Margit and Lee and couldn't figure it out.

DD's middle name is my mom's middle name (Franziska), so she has a long name--Delia Franziska. If we use just MIL's middle name if we have a girl, her name would be Aven Lee. It just seems like they don't go together because the second one is so short.

Also, I am having an issue with both Aven and Lee being unisex names. I would like for a girl to have at least one feminine name so people would be able to tell from her full name that she is a girl. That is one reason why I wanted to incorporate my mom's first name. Our other option would be to use MIL's first name (Shauna) but I don't like Aven Shauna.

So I guess our options are:

Aven Lee
Aven Lee Margit
Aven Marlee
Aven Shauna
Avenlee Margit

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search