Karson or Kamden? *vote*

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: What name do you prefer (after taking my comments below into consideration)?
Karson James 0 0%
Carson James 17 58.62%
Kamden James 1 3.45%
Camden James 11 37.93%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2010, 09:58 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WDYT of the name Karson? Do you prefer it spelt Carson?

For some reason this name keeps popping into my head even though we were almost decided on the name Kamden. His middle name will be James. We've chosen to use a "K" because we didn't want anyone to try to nn him CJ. Do you think that could be a problem?

Another concern about this name is i thought it may be too popular. Kamden doesn't seem like nearly as popular of a name.

Anyway, what is your favorite out of the options listed in the poll?

Last edited by amazing_love; February 26th, 2010 at 10:10 AM.
February 26th, 2010, 10:08 AM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
I don't really think CJ with be a problem. How many friends and such actually know your middle name? Maybe if you called him Carson James all the time, it might be a problem but unlikely.

Carson looks a lot better though. I don't know, but Karson looks, for the lack of better explanation, uneducated.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

February 26th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
carson or camden, i dont think anyone will call him CJ, unless you go around introducing him as carson james most people wont even know his middle name, if its family youre worried about, i would just politely tell them that you prefer going by his full name and would like it if they did the same, i dont think it will be an issue.

February 26th, 2010, 10:11 AM
How about the spelling Carsen? That way it wouldn't be SO popular?

February 26th, 2010, 10:15 AM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
In all honesty, changing the spelling of the name doesn't change the popularity. He'll still be a Carson. Just like an Ashleigh is still an Ashley and a Christen is still a Kristen. No one else spelled their name my way, but I was still Christen H. in school during rolecall.

(I'm really not trying to be rude this thread, I promise... just trying to help )

ETA: I was reading an article about how even though Jacob has been the most popular name for a long while, the probability of a Jacob being in a class is one in four. Now take number of kids that are actually named Carson or Camden (they aren't NEARLY as popular), the chances are there will only be one or two in a school. That is a great probability. The name is known but won't be everywhere.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

Last edited by LadyGamer; February 26th, 2010 at 10:21 AM.
February 26th, 2010, 10:30 AM
P*to*the*ORTIA's Avatar Portia
Send a message via ICQ to P*to*the*ORTIA
I like Carson James the best. It just looks better than the other names. And in all honesty, I don't think Carson is all that popular.

February 26th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Super Mommy
I think Carson James sounds best. And I agree that I don't think the nn CJ will be a problem...

Thanks to cavewoman for my beautiful siggy!

February 26th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
I also much prefer the names spelled with a C. I usually prefer the more common spellings for names because I wouldn't want to have to correct everyone my whole life "no, it's not Carson with a C it's with a K", etc. But that's just me. One of the names I'm considering for my baby girl is Madelyn/Madeline.. I prefer Madeline spelling but I don't know if everyone will pronounce it the wrong way, etc.

I would also never think to nickname someone by their first and middle initials.

February 26th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I like the C and I wouldn't worry about the CJ thing. I like both names but went with Carson.

February 26th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Melissa- I didn't know you were having a girl! Congratulations!

Christen- no worries! I want your honest opinions and i don't get offended easily

I'm glad you all don't think spelling it with a "C" would lead to the nn CJ. That makes me feel a lot better. Right now i can't decide which name i like better but i know DH likes Camden a lot more so we'll probably end up going with that in the end.

Keep the opinions coming though!

February 26th, 2010, 12:01 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
To be honest, Camden is the name I am hearing everywhere right now! For girls AND boys. I've known three who were born in the past year! I voted for Carson with a C.

February 26th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think spelling either name with a K makes it look feminine.

I don't think you will have a problem with CJ unless you call him that, so I wouldn't worry.

And my vote is for Camden James
February 26th, 2010, 12:23 PM
*Hayley*
I like Camden and I agree with other about the middle name nn issue, although i can relate to where you're coming from bc that is one of the main reasons i won't use any J names
February 26th, 2010, 12:52 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGamer View Post
I don't really think CJ with be a problem. How many friends and such actually know your middle name? Maybe if you called him Carson James all the time, it might be a problem but unlikely.

Carson looks a lot better though. I don't know, but Karson looks, for the lack of better explanation, uneducated.
And, when I saw the thread title, I thought you were naming a baby girl....as people will often change the traditional spelling of name when making a boy name into a girl name.
February 26th, 2010, 05:41 PM
lil.mama.bear's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lil.mama.bear
I voted Kamden although I like Camden a little more. If you are worried someone may call him CJ then spell it with a K. It's whatever you and your hubby like.

I have always liked the name Camden a lot. I can't use it because our last name is Cameron and it would sound silly together. I like Kamden/Camden because it is not so popular. I have known a few of Carsons but no Camdens.

By the way my cousin's name is Karson. I thought it was neat because all of there boys have K names... Karson, Kameron, & Kirk. Choose what you like because it will be your child. If other people don't like it then too bad. Look how I spelled my daughter's name Harlee. I don't really care if others don't like it because I personally love it.

Beautiful fairy siggy by Claire1979 and dog siggy by Tasha_mae

Last edited by lil.mama.bear; February 26th, 2010 at 05:47 PM.
February 26th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Camden James

February 26th, 2010, 05:45 PM
emmiejack0810's Avatar MELANIE
I like Carson James teh best.

Camden to me is more of a girls name... also with Karson and Kamden spelled like this, I naturally think girl names...

Thank you BAM for this INCREDIBLE Siggy

February 26th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Regular
Carson James! I wouldn't worry about the nick name CJ at all.

Thank you ~*Helen*~ for my siggie!

February 28th, 2010, 05:47 AM
OhBrooke's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I prefer both of them spelled with c's. I like both, but prefer Camden just a little more- so handsome!

February 28th, 2010, 07:20 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like Carson James better. Camden would be a nice name but its the name of a terrible area in my state so it ruins it for me. I prefer a C for both over the K though

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search