Anyone not sharing the name with anyone?

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2005, 10:46 AM
jamie1005's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have decided that NO ONE is going to know the name that we settle on for the baby until the baby is born. Everyone has an opinion and it really aggravates me. I figure when they are holding the baby, I'll say, here's "insert name" ... and if they have an opinion, they can keep it to themselves.

</div>
March 14th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Regular
I'M WITH YOU. I'M NOT TELLING ANYONE,WELL LET ME SAY MY IN-LAWS BECAUSE WITH MY FIRST CHILD I TOLD MY MIL AND SHE TOLD EVERYONE AND WE ENDED UP WITH 3 BABY'S WITH THE SAME NAME. WHICH REALLY TICKED ME OFF SO I'M NOT MAKING THAT MISTAKE THIS TIME.
March 14th, 2005, 01:01 PM
mamaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Its a good policy. Tho it can make some people very mad I gave my sis a "short list" of names for our gal before she was born but kept the chosen name a secret till after she arrived!
March 14th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel the same way. I tend to pick names that are a little different and it never fails that there's somebody who doesn't like my choices. So I don't tell everyone, just a close few and the rest will have to wait for the surprise.
March 15th, 2005, 11:25 AM
Selestial's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I totally wish we would have done this. My sister basically told me I wouldn't be happy with the name we had chosen, which caused me to start second-guessing myself. Then my mom kept telling me she hated all the alternate names I picked out. So, right now we are back to the original name and trying to not discuss it anymore, and its making everybody irritated at me, but I don't want to deal with the stress anymore. I figure when she gets here and we HAVE to name her, we'll know for sure what her name is. Until then, I don't want to talk to the family about it

March 17th, 2005, 05:51 AM
I have been thinking a lot about this.. And, I don't think that we'll tell anyone. I think that we will, like mamaB said, give them a short list of names, and say 'But we haven't decided for sure..' Then we when actually have the baby, we'll tell them what her/his name is.

I am thinking of doing this mostly because I have had friends share names with people before, and then someone else steals it and uses it. I picked out my names, you can pick out your own, is my thought. It takes a lot of time to decide on a name that will last forever, so why steal someone's instead of making it something special to you and your SO.
March 17th, 2005, 06:21 AM
~Cupcake~'s Avatar ChristaT
I won't even give my family a short list of names as my Mom was heinous last time picking everything apart. Too bad for her she will NOT know the name until baby is here! But I have told my sisters as they are very open with names and supportive and they WILL NOT tell Mom LOL

March 17th, 2005, 07:49 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
My MIL has called me numerous times regarding our chosen name "Xavier Reece". The last time she said something our conversation went like this "Hey honey, it's Mom. Can you do me a favor? The next time you talk to Geno(he's stationed in iraq) can you guys think of an alternative name just incase he doesn't look like a Zavier(she ALWAYS mispronounces his name no matter how many times we correct her). Or you could just leave him nameless until Geno sees pictures and then decide"

Well needless to say I told geno about the conversation and he went off on her...

My SIL (because of my experience) has decided not to tell anyone. I wish I would have done that now...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search