Naming Twins

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Regular
Ok, we just found out that we are expecting twins! Now I really need help and suggestions! LOL

Should I give the twins two totally different names so they can have their own identities? Should I have their names start with the same letter? Should I have their names have the same meaning or origin? Should I have their names be the same type of name?

I don't know what I should do!!!! So, what are some twin combos that you like? (you can just give first names if thats easier!)

Girl/Girl

Boy/Boy

Girl/Boy

Thanks in advance!!!
April 29th, 2006, 03:50 AM
Super Mommy
I personally really like the idea of totally different names. They'll already be labelled as 'the twins' as it is, so I don't really think the names starting with the same letter is the way to go. I have friends (twin girls) who are Julia and Rebecca, twin cousins - Adrian and Steven. And I like that their names are completely different. Both lots are identical twins so I think it's hard enough trying to pick who is who without having similar names!

April 29th, 2006, 05:31 AM
Eka09M
Congrats on twins! I wouldn't even know where to begin if I had to name twins. What a job! Maybe if you just found two girls names you LOVE and two boys names you LOVE and go from there. Or maybe family names (though I tend to use those for middle names)? How about having the boys names start with the first letter in your name and the girls names start with the first letter in your husbands name? That might be kind of creative? I don't know! Here are some names of twins that I know (not all of them I like)

Charity & Nicole
Cary & Terry (both boys)
Grace & Graham
Lindsee & Leslee
Jordan & Alexandria "Alex" (both girls)
Chloe & Liam
Brayden & Mayson (both girls)
Brooke & Christine
Krystina & Kelli
Avareigh & Izabelle

I don't think you really need the names to be matching or to have them rhyme... I think as long as both names sound good together in a sib set then you will be fine.
Keep us updated on what you think
April 29th, 2006, 05:59 AM
Regular
Ok, we really really got to looking at baby names last night. I know its still really early, but geez this is hard!

Boy names we like: Liam, Kade, Cael, Alek, Andrew, Landon, Reese, Ashton, Jarrod, Wesley, Zachary, Xavier, Jackson, Wes, Taye, Brady, Silas, Emory, Parker, Kaleb, Aidan, Holden, Haydon, Mason

Girls names we like: Grace, Isabel, Kamden, Sofia, Ella, Brinley, Jade, Ava, Amelia, Kortlyn, Kaia, Farren, Parker, Reese, Kennedy, Sadie, Tatum, Skyler, Meredith, Lorin, Anna, Brooklyn

But we haven't even began to think of combos!

Family names we are considering for middle name use only:
(Boy) Joseph, John, Jay, Thomas
(Girl) Lynne, Marion, Nicole, Marie, Rose

If we don't use a family name as a middle name the other names will probably be off of our list. But I'm sure that list will change several times!

What do you think?
April 29th, 2006, 07:09 AM
Eka09M
i like the start of your name list, a lot of your names are also on my list.
here are some combos i've played around with:
girl/girl--
Grace & Isabel
Amelia & Isabel
Lorin & Anna
Jade & Ava
Kennedy & Meredith
Brooklyn & Brinley
Farren & Reese

boy/boy--
Mason & Andrew
Brady & Liam
Jackson & Zachary
Parker & Kaleb
Xavier & Wesley
Silas & Taye
Alek & Cael

Girl/Boy--
Grace & Liam
Isabel & Xavier
Sofia & Emory
Ella & Kade
Ava & Silas
April 29th, 2006, 08:22 AM
Regular
I love your name lists!!
Using the list I came up with

Boy/Boy: Alek Thomas & Kade Joseph -or- Jarrod Thomas & Mason Jay
Boy/Girl: Alek Thomas & Jade Nicole -or- Xavier Joesph & Skyler Rose
Girl/Girl: Kennedy Lynne & Skyler Rose -or- Parker Marie & Kortlyn Rose
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms"><span style="color:#3366FF">********My Little Man
</span> </span>
April 29th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Regular
I really like most of the names on your lists! I don't think that they have to have similiar names at all...I know plenty of twins that don't have them. I used to babysit for twin girls named:

Allena and Olivia (Ally and Livi)

and twin boys:

Evan and Austin

My favorites from your lists are:

Liam, Kade, Cael, Reese, Ashton, Xavier, Taye, Brady, Emory, Parker, Holden, Haydon, Mason

Isabel, Kamden, Brinley, Jade, Amelia, Kortlyn, Kaia, Farren, Parker, Reese, Kennedy, Tatum, Skyler

Liam and Taye
Ashton and Holden
Reese and Mason
Parker and Brady
Haydon and Emory

Isabel and Farren
Brinley and Skyler
Parker and Kortlyn
Tatum and Kamden
Jade and Kaia
Reese and Kennedy

Liam and Kaia
Kade and Kortlyn
Cael and Jade
Reese and Isabel
Ashton and Brinley
Xavier and Amelia
Taye and Skyler
Brady and Brinley
Emory and Farren
Parker and Reese
Holden and Tatum
Haydon and Parker
Mason and Kennedy
April 29th, 2006, 10:15 AM
Bre+Will=Reid
I like the idea of completely different names.

If I were to have twin girls, I would name them Rorey and Belle. Boys, Blake and Luke.
April 30th, 2006, 06:46 AM
Regular
Thanks for your suggestions! I really appreciate it!! My husband and I were talking and he wants to use Taylor & Tatum for a boy/girl combo. I'm like uhhh no, way too close! Maybe one or the other, but I really don't like Taylor, at least not for my child.

Of the combos you have suggested, I really like the following:
(g/g) Jade & Ava, Kennedy & Meredith, Parker & Kortlyn, Tatum & Kamden, Reese & Kennedy

(b/b) Brady & Liam, Jackson & Zachary, Xavier & Wesley, Alek & Kade, Liam & Taye

(g/b) Grace & Liam, Isabel & Xavier, Ella & Kade

I'll make another post of combos we have come up with!
May 1st, 2006, 05:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think they NEED to have different names. I would never dream of giving my boys anything too similar. As past posts have said and one of my main points, the babies are two completly different people and are going to have enough trouble establishing their own identity as it is with people expecting them to be the same because "they're twins". There is no need to give them similar names and make it as though they both need to be there for things to be right if that makes sense. If their names are differet they can be 2 different people and don't need the other to be there.

My boys are Lochlann Michael and Callum or Connor Patrick.... We were leaning towards Callum but have recently started to swing towards Connor...

Ofthe combos you really like my faves are...
(g/g) Jade & Ava

(b/b) Xavier & Wesley

(g/b) Isabel & Xavier OR Ella & Kade

</div>
May 2nd, 2006, 02:23 AM
Regular
Girl/Girl: Elizabeth & Leanne, Tayla & Kristen,

Boy/Boy: Cooper & Ashton, Jaxon & Hunter,

Girl/Boy: Malik & Marie

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search