Beyond frustrated...

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
with boy names!!

I really do want our next son to have a name that is just as uncommon and has the same feel as Blaise's. As much as I like Reed & Zane, I just can't fall in love with them...they just don't feel perfect Other names that feel a little closer to perfect (Maverick, Nash & Bastian) I still don't love, not to mention DH isn't a fan of.

I'm just annoyed. You ladies have offered me several great suggestions everytime I make a post like this so I don't expect you to list the same names again . Just wanted to vent and I know some of you feel the same way.

That's all
August 12th, 2010, 08:35 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I've always had a way harder time with boys names than girls.

August 12th, 2010, 10:17 AM
It was opposite with my son...I had the hardest time picking a girl name and then didn't need to. Maybe that means my next baby will be a girl?? Still bothers me not to have a boy name I love...
August 12th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's possible that you and/or your dh will have a change of heart about your name list once #2 is on the way. My dh always said that he didn't like Camilla but the other day he said we should add it to the list. As for me, I've always liked Lorelai but not enough to consider using it until now. All of a sudden it is like #1 on my list. So bizarre to me. I'm bet something similar happens to you.
August 12th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
Naming Cambria was one of the most difficult decisions I've ever made because I didn't like or feel that any of our names was the "right" one. I wouldn't have made a decision if I didn't have to. Thankfully I think I chose the right one now but it was so stressful. I'm sure the naming regrets will come around soon (they did with Gabriella) but for now I love Cambria.. even though I still don't think it goes perfectly with Gabriella.

I can't think of any other girl names I like with my sibset now and I haven't even started looking because it's way too overwhelming. I honestly don't think I will be able to find a girls name that I think goes perfectly.. it was hard enough trying to find a name to go with one other name- try two now! I am hoping for a boy next time!

I am just loving actually being able to enjoy names now instead of being stressed all the time about them.

Last edited by Miracle; August 12th, 2010 at 12:18 PM.
August 12th, 2010, 12:20 PM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We like uncommon names as well. We have a Ryllan and a Finn for boys. Other names we discussed....I'm trying to remember now.... Lincoln was on the list.

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

August 12th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I know exactly what you mean. When i was pregnant with DS, I knew I was having a boy, but the fact that I didn't have a girls name always bothered me. I finally settled on one but I'm glad he really was a boy because I didn't love it. It's so hard for me to fall in love with names.
August 12th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKy View Post
I know exactly what you mean. When i was pregnant with DS, I knew I was having a boy, but the fact that I didn't have a girls name always bothered me. I finally settled on one but I'm glad he really was a boy because I didn't love it. It's so hard for me to fall in love with names.
Yep, this is exactly how I felt/feel.
August 12th, 2010, 06:25 PM
~LaurenNoel~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know exactly what you mean. My girl name is set in stone, but I am rethinking Jasper (our only boy name) now because family hates it, and it doesn't seem perfect. Very annoying!

................ ...

Wesley (7.16.09) Severe GERD, FTT, Gastroparesis, Sensory Processing issues, Tube fed, (G tube currently), suspected Mitochondrial Disease, trialing Gastric Stimulator. Nissen Fundoplication 7/2012
Ruby (2.16.11)
Nissen Fundoplication and Hiatal hernia repair 10/25/11
August 12th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i KNOW!!! we aren't finding out what we're having so we need both boy & girl names. the girl name was easy, but DH is the biggest PITA when it comes to a boy's name (he was last time too). he likes names like edwin & herbert. totally not my style!!

August 13th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Veteran
I find boys names to be the hardest! I like all of the ones you mentioned though.

August 14th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Maybe the remainder of your kids will be all girls! lol

I like Zephyr or Dawson with Blaise if you have a boy!
August 14th, 2010, 12:46 PM
ladybugmomma's Avatar Trisha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtothe5thPower View Post
It's possible that you and/or your dh will have a change of heart about your name list once #2 is on the way. My dh always said that he didn't like Camilla but the other day he said we should add it to the list. As for me, I've always liked Lorelai but not enough to consider using it until now. All of a sudden it is like #1 on my list. So bizarre to me. I'm bet something similar happens to you.
I agree completely with Cortney. There names I loved before this baby was actually conceived and then didn't love after and the opposite. I always liked Layla, but DH wasn't on board. Then one day it clicked, he suggested it and I loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna&bump View Post
We decided awhile ago we are taking a list to the hospital of 4 names, that list has now grown...mainly due to me. I'm hoping she comes out with her name band already on

I think it must be harder naming your second, third, forth etc. You want their names to sound good together, you need to find something you love equally and so on.

I am in so much trouble when I have more kidlets!
I hope she does too Anna, if not, Layla it is
I didn't have a hard time naming ours until this one. Robert was easy, after DH, Matthew was the only boy named we both liked, goes with Robert. Kaiya was a girl so it didn't "really" matter. And Anja came to me in a dream before she was conceived and we loved it. This time trying to "match" a girl's name to Kaiya and Anja was hard.

I LOVE the name Cooper and think it goes really nice with Blaise.
August 15th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Ambie213's Avatar Plus Size Mommies co-host
My sister likes uncommon names as well. She had the names Cheveya Rhiannon (girl) and Avalon Life (boy) picked out for her baby. She's having a boy! Sorry I can't offer much more. I like somewhat common names with somewhat uncommon spellings...

Thank you Vicki... for my siggie!

August 15th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anna&bump View Post

Blaise & Cooper
Blaise & Asher
Blaise & Ryker
Blaise & Ryder
Blaise & Axel
Blaise & Canon
Blaise & Felix
Blaise & Jude
Blaise & Max
Blaise & Rafferty
Blaise & Harrison
Blaise & Sullivan
I love several of these names but they just don't feel perfect....that being said, Sullivan feels very close to perfect and DH says absolutely not
August 15th, 2010, 06:10 PM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedazzled View Post
with boy names!!

I really do want our next son to have a name that is just as uncommon and has the same feel as Blaise's. As much as I like Reed & Zane, I just can't fall in love with them...they just don't feel perfect Other names that feel a little closer to perfect (Maverick, Nash & Bastian) I still don't love, not to mention DH isn't a fan of.

I'm just annoyed. You ladies have offered me several great suggestions everytime I make a post like this so I don't expect you to list the same names again . Just wanted to vent and I know some of you feel the same way.

That's all
I like Zane with Blaise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LaurenNoel~ View Post
I know exactly what you mean. My girl name is set in stone, but I am rethinking Jasper (our only boy name) now because family hates it, and it doesn't seem perfect. Very annoying!
I love the name Jasper!

August 15th, 2010, 10:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How do you pronounce Blaise?
August 16th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Just like Blaze...just preferred the spelling Blaise, which is French
August 16th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Jeb-O's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jeb-O Send a message via Yahoo to Jeb-O
Finding the perfect name is REALLY difficult! I feel ya.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search