We have NAMES!

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2010, 09:43 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
Hi all!

I know I've been MIA for awhile but I'll be around more often nowadays.

We finally settled on names for our boys. Yes, we're having 2 more boys when boy names are SO HARD for us. It's God's practical joke.

We love the name Jack Henry and it's a family name on both sides. However, I'm not thrilled about using Max and Jack together on a daily basis. It would be such a tongue twister for me. So, we were going to try to use both names as a middle name for one boy. But with two boys and with the way the cards fell, we'll be able to use the name without having to use Jack's name on a daily basis.

We're expecting Theo Thomas in November! We're still debating whether to go with Theodore Thomas or just Theo but we'll be calling him by Theo. I think Theodore would be nice as a professional name for college and career applications. Dh wants just Theo. The mn is a family name on Dh's side. So, all three of our boys will be named right up the generations of Dh's side.

The regulars here will recall the debacle I had with SIL who went around saying for over a year that her first two boys would be named Rafe and Gabe. I told her we were in love with Leo. She said she was pregnant a couple weeks later and then only 6 weeks after I had told her I was in love with Leo, she announces to the family if she was having a boy his name would be Leo. And, of course, she had a boy last March. Well, his name is Leo Thomas. So, I think it'd be a little weird to have a Theo Thomas.....Theodore Thomas is much less "obvious", if you know what I mean. What do you all think?

Anyways, Theo had a heart echo on Monday and he is a PERFECTLY HEALTHY little boy!!! Here are a few pics. It looks like he is going to have big feet like his daddy and big brother Max.

He's waving "Hi"!

Big Feet!

(And, for the name-o-holics, we would have used Liliana "Lily Kate" Katherine and Jocelyn Tessa for girls. For B/G, it would have been "Lily Kate" and Theo.)
August 26th, 2010, 09:50 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Congrats on picking names! I'm sorry the cards fell the way they did and that you lost Jack As for the other name, I love Theo as a nn, but agree with you that Theodore would be a really nice option for him as he got older.

August 26th, 2010, 10:01 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
Thank-you!

Dh is worried if we use Theodore that people will try calling him Ted or Teddy which he cannot stand. But, my friend has a Michael. She and the boy always introduce him as Michael and no one has tried calling him Mike or Mikey.

And, I forgot to mention that I'm actually loving Theo much more than Leo, so I'm not so upset about having my name "stolen". I think both names are smart, strong, and masculine; but I picture a Theo as more artistic and cultured than a Leo. ( to SIL.)

I first started loving Theo as a name when the main character in Children of Men had the name. The actor was Clive Owen who I consider a hottie, so then I liked the name.
August 27th, 2010, 01:09 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
welcome back Janna ((hugs))

I love the names you have chosen!

August 27th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Janna's back YAY!!! So good to see you again!! And I LOVE the name Theo! Awesome pick!
August 27th, 2010, 10:32 AM
P*to*the*ORTIA's Avatar Portia
Send a message via ICQ to P*to*the*ORTIA
I like Theo.

August 27th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
Janna- first off WELCOME BACK!! We've missed you!

I love both names. I think you can't go wrong with Theodore OR Theo but I wouldn't worry too much about the Theo/Leo thing.
August 27th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Jeb-O's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jeb-O Send a message via Yahoo to Jeb-O
Welcome back

Sorry for your loss, but I do love both names! Are your other kids excited for a brother?? I agree Theo is better than Leo!

August 28th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Cece
I like Theo as opposed to Theodore. Congrats!
August 28th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi little Theo! So glad you are back Janna! I'm terribly sorry about the loss of Jack...((((HUGS))))

I love Jack and Theo! Normally, I'm all for formal names w/ nicknames but Theo seems so perfect w/ brothers Max and Jack. But I really like Theodore too.
August 28th, 2010, 03:09 PM
sunshineblue's Avatar Veteran
Welcome back Janna. I'm so sorry for the loss of Jack

I think Jack Henry is a stunning, handsome name and I agree Theo goes best with Max and Jack as his brothers.

Theo is gorgeous, strong, handsome, little bit cheeky whereas I find Theodore a little stuffy.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my fab siggy x

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search