I think I found my boys name!!!

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2006, 08:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ok, so i have been waiting for a boys name to just kinda jump out at me the way that Mattea did (I read Mattea in US weekly as Mira Sorvino's daughter and I just knew that was my girls name )....And I was at lunch today with my friend and she ordered the kobe beef burger and it hit me
Kobe James
I love it, and I love that spelling BUT I dont want my son to be associated with an accused rapist (Kobe Bryant for all those living under a rock...) What do you guys think????
May 23rd, 2006, 11:07 AM
Eka09M
LOL-- I don't think your child is going to be associated with Kobe Bryant.....
May 23rd, 2006, 03:24 PM
cheesecake's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Honestly, when I saw the name I thought that's really cute. I never even though of Kobe Bryant until you mentioned him. (Maybe I do live under a rock??? )

Sherilyn

Sherilyn ~ Mama to Jade & Colt
May 23rd, 2006, 08:33 PM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii

Kobe Bryant is what popped into my head right away. I've never heard this name on any other person besides him, although I'm sure they're out there..

I think its cute, I don't think he'll be compared. And you shouldn't be concerned about the possible rape charges because that part never came into my head at all.
May 24th, 2006, 12:14 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
bryant came to my mind too, BUT the first thing he brings to mind for me, is "basketball player", not "rapist", so i don't think that would be a huge problem. i didn't even remember the rape thing til you said it.
but that said, i wouldn't choose it for my own child. i feel like an old lady sometimes, particularly when it comes to names i like or don't like.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

May 24th, 2006, 04:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah I was talking to my mom last night, and she DOES live under a rock, and as soon as I mentioned it she said "oh, like Kobe Bryant"...it sucks cuz I really like that name, but I would bet annoyed if people kept saying "oh, like Kobe Bryant?" every time I said his name! Plus my last name is Berry, and I dont think Kobe Berry sounds that good....but its still on my list I'm just not as sure
May 24th, 2006, 07:07 PM
ladyellise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ladyellise
The name Kobe is SOO cute. I like it spelled Koby better but its still an awesome name, and I really dont think bad thoughts about Kobe Bryant when I hear it
<div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div>
May 24th, 2006, 08:27 PM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I admit-I did think of Kobe Bryant right away, but not in a bad way. And honestly, I didnt even think basketball player, I just thought of the name Kobe Bryant. I think its a cute name, and I myself wouldnt associate it with accused rapist!

May 26th, 2006, 08:33 AM
Jenny Lee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I thought of Kobe Bryant too, but only because he is famous and on TV. But I also would immediately think basketball player and not accused rapist. In years to come he will be forgotten about for the most part, so don't rule out the name. Just don't use Bryan or something for the middle name. I actually know someone who did that. And...the little boy's full name is Kobe Bryan Blaker (get it...Lakers?) OMG! Now that's a fan!

May 26th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have to admit I immediatly thought of Kobe Bryant. But in the years to come I'm sure he will fade from the spotlight - by the time your son grows up it wouln't even be an issue.
May 26th, 2006, 09:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah I've really been liking it spelled Koby lately...in case u cant tell by my siggy lol! And Kobe Bryant is a rich, handsome, and talented I wouldnt mind my son being associated to those things....and its not like I'm naming him O.J.!
May 26th, 2006, 11:42 AM
mimi23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
haha..
I did think of bryant when i heard the name, but didnt think of rapist..
I like the name, its cute.
and Koby is a better spelling of it too =)
How would you pronounce Mattea? if you dont mind me asking.
If I am right, then its a really nice name, lol.
-Amy

May 26th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ummm....I'll try to spell it phonetically....
Muh Tay Uh hehe....like a feminine Matteo....and I would call her Mattie for short!
May 26th, 2006, 03:26 PM
mimi23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh ok.. that sounds really nice.
I like how unique it is..
I have NEVER heard that before, hehe.
Awesome! =)
thanks.

May 26th, 2006, 08:25 PM
illinoismommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Personally I think in 5 years the incident with Kobe Bryant will be forgotten.... I don't think it will plague your little guy (if it is a guy!)
Baby expected January 2nd, 2010!

"In the first place, whether you choose or no to take any trouble about the formation of his habits, it is habit, all the same, which will govern ninety-nine one-hundredths of the child's life. We are all mere creatures of habit. We think our accustomed thoughts, make our usual small talk, go through the trivial round, the common task, without any self-determining effort of will at all." -Charlotte Mason
May 27th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Ok, so i have been waiting for a boys name to just kinda jump out at me the way that Mattea did (I read Mattea in US weekly as Mira Sorvino's daughter and I just knew that was my girls name )....And I was at lunch today with my friend and she ordered the kobe beef burger and it hit me
Kobe James
I love it, and I love that spelling BUT I dont want my son to be associated with an accused rapist (Kobe Bryant for all those living under a rock...) What do you guys think???? [/b]

I like the name Kobe I know other peole named Kobe though so maybe thats why I didnt think of the whole kobe bryant thing.
I know what you mean though I love the name Stone but thats the name of the anti-christ in the movie Omega-Code2 so I would always think of that.
The middle name James is great though. But I think, if you think about Kobe Bryant when you hear that name you should definatly not name your child that. Just my opinion.
Choose something you're totally in love with!!
(I'm not an expert baby-name picker lol I havnet picked any names yet)
-Evan
May 27th, 2006, 08:01 PM
mommy2cash's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mommy2cash
I personally LOVE the name Kobe. I liked it too, but dh was like ok- Kobe Bryant!! You could spell it Coby or Koby also. I wouldn't worry too much about the Kobe Bryant thing. Once the baby is here, it will be HIS name and no one will think anymore of it!!!
May 28th, 2006, 09:52 AM
dkmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i like the name Kobe - but i did think of Kobe Bryant - it was the first thing that popped in my head. but i didn't think rape, or basketball or anything like that - its like anytime you here a name that you know someone of that name, you automatically think of them. does that make sense?
it also made me think of this little boy i used to babysit, his name was Kolby.
ok, now i'm rambling sorry

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search