quick question!

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Chose which is best!
Vander Jacobus Ryen 10 71.43%
Vander Ryen Jacobus 3 21.43%
Equally Flows 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2010, 08:58 AM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
was sitting here staring at my son's name (new baby) because im obsessed with it lol.. but im not sure which middle name makes the name flow better together.. so i wanted your opinions..

a little backstory to the name, i wanted a dutch first name that everyone can pronounce when seeing it, and was simple to learn to write (and went well with Hunter).. most dutch names are fairly long and crazy like my first sons middle names lol..

so we got Vander, Jacobus is also dutch and happens to be my great x 2 grandfather (grandmother's grandpa.. i got that right, right? LOL - x2? i duno lol) so it's of importance to me plus i just like it but can't use it for a first because not everyone will pronounce it correctly, it pronounced Yah-Ko-Bus

Ryen - just because i like it, and ONLY that spelling bc the name has become unisex, i just like the E more..

so i need opinions, right now i have Jacobus first before Ryen.. mainly bc Jacobus has importance to me, and Ryen is just random..but which actually flows better first?? or do both pretty much flow equally, or should Jacobus stay as the first middle since it has importance?
September 26th, 2010, 12:14 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
Typically, I think a 2-3-2 syllable combo flows better than a 2-2-3 syllable combo. And, I think it applys in this case. Plus, I like Jacobus first since it has meaning for you and your family.

So, I voted for Vander Jacobus Ryen.
September 26th, 2010, 01:28 PM
P*to*the*ORTIA's Avatar Portia
Send a message via ICQ to P*to*the*ORTIA
I voted for Vander Jacobus Ryen. I think it flows better.

September 26th, 2010, 03:04 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Definitely Vander Jacobus Ryen. I don't like the other combo because Vander ends with an R, and then Ryen would be starting with an R... makes it not flow as well as VJR.

September 26th, 2010, 05:44 PM
*~ Joni ~*'s Avatar Jordana Jacoby & Jamason
VJR because the 3 syllable name breaks up the two 2 syllable names so that flows best to the ear. i also agree with the previous poster about the middle initial. VRJ would be Vander R. ____ which doesn't sound as good as Vander J. ______
September 26th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
I actually think they flow equally as well and if I had to choose I would probably choose Vander Ryen Jacobus.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search