Naming Baby After Someone

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2006, 03:28 PM
cheesecake's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My DD is named after my best friend (middle name). My best friend was the first person to know I was pregnant (even before my husband - he was away and I had to tell someone!!), and she flew back to Canada from the other side of the world where she lives to be here when Jaidyn was born. We were even talking online together when my water broke! Thankfully she had arrived in the country the night before!!!

Anyone else name their baby after a family member or friend?

Sherilyn

Sherilyn ~ Mama to Jade & Colt
May 23rd, 2006, 03:58 PM
Eka09M
My daughter's name is Brinlee Addisyn and her middle name is after my grandfather's middle name which is Madison. We were going to stick with Madison but it was so overly used and popular so we dropped the M. Then we changed the O to Y to make it a little more "feminine"... but basically she was named after my grandfather (who passed away in March).
May 23rd, 2006, 07:48 PM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
I feel its important to name your child after someone, whether they be a family member or just someone who impacted your life (for a MN mostly), but that's just how I feel. My daughter's name is Mikayla Lynn.. My middle name is Jacklynn (after my grandfather and mother (her MN is Lynn too), so I wanted to pass that down to my daughter and I think it sounds good together too.. Hopefully it will keep up, because the name has true meaning

Sorry for going on
May 23rd, 2006, 09:19 PM
Veteran
My husband and I were going to name our child if it's a girl after my two year old goddaughter who drowned and died and use her middle name as our daughter first name. Her name was Marissa Carlie. But we decided that it might be a little hard on her mom, even though we were going to spell it differently so we decided against it.
May 24th, 2006, 12:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Both of my boys MN come from my grandfather Michael Patrick and their FN will be Irish as he was.

</div>
May 24th, 2006, 07:41 AM
Heather1628's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Heather1628 Send a message via Yahoo to Heather1628
My daughters name is Maddisyn Alexandrea and she was named after her daddy, his mn is Alexander so I did the girl version for her mn
May 24th, 2006, 09:53 AM
asianmama
ashlyn's middle name is my dad's mom's first name-- even though she didnt use it...she went by some made up name. lol. she died a year befor i got married. so we decided our next child's middle name is gonna be hubbys grandpa or grandma's name. his grandpa died 10 years ago. grandma still alive. also his grandma doesnt go by her first name but we cant use her name she goes by because that poor child would be writing her name until school got out.... alexis ruby anderson is a perfect name unlike her sibling... i didnt relize how long of a name i gave her until i was writing it on the birth certificate-- ashlyn adaline anderson... poor girlie!
May 24th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
my dd is 4 mo. old. when i was 3 monthr pg,my little bro was killed in iraq. that day we decided she was a nichole or a nicholas. my whole family loved it.

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

May 24th, 2006, 01:06 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
Our little one will be named after DH, his father, and his grandfather. He is very proud of the people they (GF & F) are and is very happy to carry on the tradition. If it turns out the u/s was wrong, and it is a girl, she will be Katherine Elizabeth (fn is DH's great grandmother from Italy and mn is my grandmother).

DH's family has this unspoken tradition where every girl has Annaliese for a first name or middle name. Annaliese was a friend of Nana's in Germany I think. So, MIL is Gabriele Annaliese, SIL is Annaliese Kristine, and my neice is Elsa Annaliese.

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

May 24th, 2006, 06:51 PM
ladyellise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ladyellise
I think its a great and thoughtful idea to name your child after a friend or family member or someone who is really important to you. If I ever have a boy his middle name would be Daniel .. Daniel after my boyfriend and also after me because my middle name is Danielle. If I ever have a girl her middle name would be Lynn because as my sister said its a meaningful name in our family that I also hope is passed along through generation
<div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div>
May 24th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Regular
My son's name is Laith Michael. My great grandfather's name was Laith. Michael was after my little brother who passed away.
May 25th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Jami_Michelle's Avatar Veteran
My oldest daughter is named Sierra Danielle, because her daddys name is Daniel, and my youngest is Shyanne Cecelia because my grandfathers name and her daddys grandfathers name is Cecil, If my next baby is a boy (I'm wishing & hoping) then his middle name will be Christopher because his daddys name is Christopher!

1/2 </span> inches long!!</div>[/b]</span>

<div align="center"></div>

<div align="center"></div>
May 27th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Quote:
My DD is named after my best friend (middle name). My best friend was the first person to know I was pregnant (even before my husband - he was away and I had to tell someone!!), and she flew back to Canada from the other side of the world where she lives to be here when Jaidyn was born. We were even talking online together when my water broke! Thankfully she had arrived in the country the night before!!!

Anyone else name their baby after a family member or friend?

Sherilyn
[/b]

If I have a boy I will most likley be naming him James- After my best friend in the word/the guy who kept me off drugs when I was 12-15/stopped me from commiting suicide (he died last June ) Middle name thunder (just because I like it) or Jared Mattason after his brother/the guy who has been here for me this whole year and recently died in Iraq-both of them have been like my brothers since I was about 10. I think naming your child after someone who means alot to you is awesome.
-Evan
May 27th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Meg-O's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Meg-O
DH's first son, Christopher Dominic, is after DH's uncle Chris, and DH's great-great-grandfather Dominic.

Our first, Nicholas Michael, is after aforementioned Uncle Chris' late son, Nicholas, and my father, Michael.

Oh, and Collin... I think DH just came up with that... but Edward is after his great-grandfather.

Megan
May 29th, 2006, 11:30 AM
MamaBx3
Nevaeh Skyy isn't named after anyone LOL

I plan on using Dakota as a middle name for my next baby, boy or girl. Not sure how Dakota will feel about it though lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search