Do you notice when...

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2010, 07:26 AM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
Do you notice when one child in a sibset doesn't share a common letter in their name as the other children? For instance, if you heard the sibset Ryan, Mackenzie and Lorelei. Would it jump out at you that Lorelei doesn't have an N? Would it bother you?
September 29th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Julka
Not at all, I wouldn't have noticed something like that whatsoever. What I usually do notice is if 3 siblings were named: James, Jacob, and Landon. The 2 J's and 1 L does jump at me.
September 29th, 2010, 07:53 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Nope, that sibset wouldn't bother me one bit. I DO notice if there are two fn's that START with the same letter and then one that doesn't. If it is two boys and a girl, such as Ryan, Robert & Sarah, it doesn't bother me. If there are two or three of the same gender and one has a different starting letter than all the others in the sibset, it bothers me. Also, I think ending combos can stick out. For instance, if the other sibset names end in -on and then one doesn't.

September 29th, 2010, 08:20 AM
ImagineOctober's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wouldn't notice the missing "n" in the example names you gave, that would probably never cross my mind. But, like the PP said, I would notice if two of the names start with the same letter and the third doesn't. I would also notice if two of the names ended in the same letter/sound and the third doesn't, like....Jadyn, Tristan and Lila. It would probably personally bother me if I had two kids with the same starting or ending and was having another, I'd feel like I'd have to find a "matching" name probably.
September 29th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
Maybe I am the only one OCD enough to notice. It bothers me to no end that none of the boy names I love have an L like Blaise & Avenley....or they have an N (Callen, Zane) and therefore Blaise will be left out.

I know, I know...I put waaaay too much thought into this
September 29th, 2010, 11:29 AM
kristi714's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't notice at all. I just notice when more than one names begin with the same letter and then 1 doesn't.

September 29th, 2010, 12:38 PM
LadyGamer's Avatar Objection!!!
Nope. Wouldn't even phase me.

Thank you, Jaidynsmum, for the amazing siggy

September 29th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
Nope, that wouldn't bother me!

September 29th, 2010, 02:35 PM
~LaurenNoel~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It bothers me when there are 2 children, and the third is missing a sound (like the example you gave). You are not alone.

................ ...

Wesley (7.16.09) Severe GERD, FTT, Gastroparesis, Sensory Processing issues, Tube fed, (G tube currently), suspected Mitochondrial Disease, trialing Gastric Stimulator. Nissen Fundoplication 7/2012
Ruby (2.16.11)
Nissen Fundoplication and Hiatal hernia repair 10/25/11
September 29th, 2010, 03:48 PM
no.absolutes's Avatar absolutelyNOT
I definitely notice stuff like that! My stepsons are Christian, Jonathan, and Jayden.... and I said I didn't want our babies to have anything in common with their names... well, I went with Grayson... they all end in N... it drives me insane, but I got over it. Now if we have a boy we're going with Harrison, so yeah, it ends in a hard N too, but it ends in "son" just like Grayson.

September 29th, 2010, 06:28 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
Quote:
Originally Posted by doremi View Post
Nope, that sibset wouldn't bother me one bit. I DO notice if there are two fn's that START with the same letter and then one that doesn't. If it is two boys and a girl, such as Ryan, Robert & Sarah, it doesn't bother me. If there are two or three of the same gender and one has a different starting letter than all the others in the sibset, it bothers me. Also, I think ending combos can stick out. For instance, if the other sibset names end in -on and then one doesn't.

I don't notice it unless it's a rare letter like X or Z...maybe even O.

Max, Xane, and Joe does look funny to me.

Theo, Oliver, and Luke look a little funny to me.

Now, what I do notice is when all the siblings but one have a double letter, like:
Charlotte, Wyatt, and Sadie
Elliott, Lilliana, and Zack
September 29th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julka View Post
Not at all, I wouldn't have noticed something like that whatsoever. What I usually do notice is if 3 siblings were named: James, Jacob, and Landon. The 2 J's and 1 L does jump at me.
Ditto!

If I looked at the names in the sibset long enough, I'm sure I could come up with similarities and differences but most of the time you're not looking at all the names together- you just hear them..

September 30th, 2010, 12:35 AM
NavyWifey's Avatar Super Mommy
My dad has had 5 kids, across 3 marriages.

So, Tracy from his wife's previous marriage.

Then, Tamitha and Linda, who are same-mother-different-father to Tracy.

Then Monroe and Nicolle, from a different marriage much later.

Tami, Tracy, Linda, Monroe, and Nicolle... I've never thought that our sibset was odd, but it probably helps that it was a large enough time difference that it was always Tami, Tracy, and Linda as one set and Monroe and Nicolle as the other. If anyone ever thought it was odd, they never told me.
September 30th, 2010, 07:43 AM
*~ Joni ~*'s Avatar Jordana Jacoby & Jamason
No. I would notice if they all started with the same letter but one didn't, or all ended with the same letter and one didn't, but I don't think I'd notice a middle letter theme.
September 30th, 2010, 12:51 PM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
I don't notice any of that stuff. But I think it's bc my parents sucked at names We are Carl, Danielle, Cory, Aaron, Michelle, and Erica. No rhyme or reason at all!

I taught a sibset once that was K'Twona, Alshateq, and James. Now THAT I noticed

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
September 30th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Cece
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julka View Post

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search