please suggest girls names-- stuck

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2010, 03:36 PM
girlggc's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dh and I are WTTC (due to my health issues) but we're already discussing names. Boys names are easy. First boy will be William Michael jr. Second boy will most likely be Dominic Nathan. Nathan is a family name on my side. I like the idea of using at least 1 family name per child, so I'm pretty settled on using the name Lillian, the name of DH's late grandmother, as a middle name for a girl, I would use it for a first name, but DH said he doesn't like it enough to use it as a first name. I like Sabrina and Cassandra, and for awhile we were going to use one of those names, but something doesn't feel right about either one of them. My favorite name right now is Annabelle. If it were up to me, the first girl would be Annabelle Lillian. Sure, the flow isn't the greatest, but it's not that bad either. Besides, my grandmother's name is Anne and my MIL's middle name is Ann.

DH, however, hates the name Annabelle. His favorite name is Jessica. I have NEVER liked the name Jessica. DH once said that Isabelle is okay, but I love Annabelle so much more than Isabelle. Maybe I'm just being stubborn. I love the Claire, and DH has said that's okay, so I suppose that's a possibility. We actually both like the name Zoe, but we disagree on spelling. I like it spelled Z-O-E. DH likes it spelled Z-O-E-Y. DH likes the name Chloe, but for some reason, that name makes me think of phlegm.

DH also likes the names Karen, a name I like a little better than Jessica but not much, and Michelle. Michele is my mother's name. I know my mother, and she would be offended if we named a baby after her (Jewish superstition) and I don't think she'll care if we change the number of Ls in the name.

DH is now going for the name Sarah, one of my all-time favorite girls names, but because it's my future SIL's name, I would only use it for a middle name, and DH doesn't like Lillian as a first name.

I do not like unisex names or names that used to be boys names. So names like Madison, Addison, Taylor, Quinn, Ashley, etc. are out. However, I do not really care about popularity so long as it is the right name. I have suggested the names Victoria and Abigail, but DH doesn't care for either of those names.

Thank you to pattyandthemoos for the beautiful siggie!

October 9th, 2010, 05:18 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
Well, I think you have a pretty good list going there.

Who knows? By the time, you're expecting a little girl, Dh might be totally in love with the name Annabelle.

There's also Arabella too.

Or, how about Lilliana instead of just Lillian (for a first name)?
October 9th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
What about other Anna names? Maybe he will like one of these:

Annalise/Annalisa
Annamarie/Annamaria
Anastasia
Breanna
Joanna
Julianna

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search