Second thoughts??

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2010, 07:37 PM
ZeliaMarie
Have you ever had second thoughts about the name you decided to give your child?

When I was pregnant with DS my DH really wanted to name him Levi Anderson. I just couldn't come around to the name Levi so we finally agreed on Caleb Anderson. Now DH say's Caleb looks like a Levi...to which I know DH is just joking with me...but I can't help but think, maybe he should have been a Levi. Not that we're changing his name or anything LOL. I have promised DH that any future DS can be a Levi. WDYT of the name Levi? Is it too rustic? I hope I can come around to it or all future children better just be DDs.
October 24th, 2010, 09:57 PM
DecemberBelle's Avatar Audrey Jo's Mama
I'm pregnant with a girl that I'm naming Audrey, but Levi was one of my top choices if she'd been a boy.

October 25th, 2010, 06:06 AM
P*to*the*ORTIA's Avatar Portia
Send a message via ICQ to P*to*the*ORTIA
I like Levi.

I wanted Brin's middle name to be Cruz, but Dh didn't like it. Jakob is for his best friend, but sometimes I wish I could of used the name I like.

I just hope people don't call him B.J. when he gets older.

October 25th, 2010, 06:33 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I have quibbled on naming all three of my children. With my first her dad got to name her so even though i quibbled he stuck to his guns.

Second baby we picked out Scarlett and quibbled when she was born. My DH and I both quibbled and we named her Elizabeth Quinn and then still ended up calling her Scarlett whoops.

We just had a son and DH begged and pleaded for me to allow him to name him Bla Bla Bla the Third. I am so not into the naming the son after the father thing. But i love my husband enough so we did that. However after he was borm my DH is looking at him and says"he doesn't look like a Wayne" he kicked around a few ideas even after i filled out the birth certificate. OMG.

So yeah I totally get where you are coming from.
October 25th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
I didn't with DS but if he'd been a girl I probably would have. I think it's normal to have second thoughts or even naming remorse in the first few months after the baby's birth until you get used to the name.
October 25th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Purple654's Avatar Rhett's Mommy
I am scared to finalize on anything as it seems like such a huge responsibility! I really like Caleb!

October 25th, 2010, 11:27 AM
ZeliaMarie
Thanks ladies...it's good to hear that I'm not the only one who second guesses the names. LOL
October 25th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I did for quite awhile with Gabrielle.... If I had had my way, she'd have been Camdyn or Aliya, but her father wouldn't agree - in the end the only name he'd consider was Gabrielle or Angelina... Gabrielle for me hadn't even been on the list of potential names, but it did grow on me... and now... I definitely see her as a Gabrielle - but also think she could have been a Camdyn...... & sometimes it makes me a teeny bit.. not sad, but... pensive.. I guess...

Emersyn, her name is 100% what I wanted

October 26th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Cece
If you're this concerned about not being able to come to terms with the name Levi, I'd talk with your husband about it. If it means so much to him, why not use it as a middle name? I'd want to be able to make my husband happy, but I wouldn't want to live the rest of my life regretting the name I gave the son I loved so dearly.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search