Asking boy name opinions again

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Jack is due 6.22.11!
First of all, I think I have asked everyone about a billion times which boy name they prefer from these options but we are indecisive people so I apologise in advance.

If this baby is a boy then he will be named after my husband (Nathan Thomas) and my dad (Jacob Michael III ''Jack'')

Which do you prefer? (We are aware that all of the names are popular but we don't care, the meaning is more important to us).

Jack Thomas Manning - Could get confusing with two Jack's but I figure when they are both around my dad would be known as Grandpa anyways but still worried about the possible confusion.

Jackson Thomas Manning - Wouldn't be confusing but I think we would call him Jack occasionally, less so with my dad around of course but then I hate how trendy Jackson is, don't mind the popularity though like I said above.

Jacob Thomas Manning - Love how it is the same name as my dad yet they'd be no confusion since he never goes by Jacob and baby's Great Grandad Jacob Michael Jr goes by Mike, this is our #1 choice right now.

Michael Nathan Manning - Love how this also includes my Grandad, love the idea of Mikey on a baby, also love how my husbands first name can be the middle name since with the other names Thomas just seems to flow better but not sure about MNM initials and ''Michael Manning''.

Michael Thomas Manning - Same as above except maybe Thomas does flow better like it does with the other names?

Samuel Nathan Manning - This is our newest idea, haven't posted about it yet, Samuels is my maiden name, love the name Sam on a boy and that he'd get his own name but it would basically be after the whole side of my family including my dad, kinda wondering if I want him to be named just after the two most important men in my life though.

Samuel Thomas Manning - Same as above, just the flow issue again.

Thomas Jacob Manning - Love the idea of him having daddys middle name as his first name, he'd prefer a Nathan Jr but I said no so this is a very good compromise, love the name Thomas but not too big on Tom/Tommy so would prefer him to be Thomas or TJ.

Thomas Michael Manning - Same as above but kinda like how it is both their middle names, don't have the nickname option of TJ though and would like to avoid Tom/Tommy.

Any opinions/comments etc welcome, I really hope this baby is a girl, her name was easy!

Thanks for listening/reading all of my babble , I really appreciate it!

October 26th, 2010, 05:53 AM
Veteran
Jack Thomas !!!

It is a strong man's name with meaning. My uncle and cousin are both Dan. It was kinda fun We would sometimes say Big Dan or Little Dan. It got funny when Little Danny became bigger than his dad at 14. We always knew who we were talking about just from the conversation. Grampa Jack and Jack seem easy to separate.
October 26th, 2010, 05:57 AM
Regular
I agree with Jack Thomas...flows well and sounds strong and masculine (not that the others don't).

Mom to:

Brock Grayson 10/8/07
Claire Emeline 06/27/02
Luke Shelton 03/28/00

All c-sections babies, all BF for 1 year

anxiously awaiting Colby Mack to join us (via c-section) on December 8
October 26th, 2010, 10:07 AM
Purple654's Avatar Rhett's Mommy
Love Jack Thomas!

October 26th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
I'm torn between the first three. Let me start by saying that I personally like Jack best....however, in your situation I'd use Jackson (so he'd have his own name) and call him Jack. I also like Jacob Thomas b/c it honors your father and husband.

It seems that directly honoring your father and husband is more important to you than indirectly honoring (Jackson/Samuel) so I think I vote Jacob Thomas or Thomas Jacob
October 26th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
I like:

Jacob Thomas Manning
Samuel Nathan Manning
Samuel Thomas Manning
Thomas Jacob Manning (love TJ as a nn!)

October 26th, 2010, 02:57 PM
SuperMom to the 10thpower
I like Thomas Jackson Manning, you don't have it listed that way though, you have Jackson Thomas listed

Visit my Tupperware site!http://my2.tupperware.com/tup-html/C...s-welcome.html
October 26th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Cece
I really like Jackson Thomas
October 26th, 2010, 10:55 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I vote Jacob Thomas! I like Jackson, but it is actually REALLY popular in comparison to Jacob where I live, and I also like that Jacob would give your son his "own" name since nobody else in the family goes by it. I also love Samuel Thomas, but it doesn't seem to carry the same "meaning" to you as the others would.

1. Jacob Thomas
2. Samuel Thomas
3. Jackson Thomas

October 27th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I love Jack Thomas and Thomas Jacob. I would go with the one you feel is the most "honoring". Juniors are confusing but I don't think it would get confusing with grandpa as he'll be grandpa ya know.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search