My Baby's Due In February

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2010, 04:32 AM
CountryGirl1982's Avatar Loving my son!
And he has no name!!!

I'm bothered more and more by it everyday that's closer to his due date.
What if he's born early?

SO and I cant really agree on anything, and I don't wanna just 'settle' this might be my ONLY child!!

I cant really talk about it much anyway because anytime I suggest something to friends or family they seem to have something to say about it.

How soon did all of you have your name picked for your LO?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggy

November 17th, 2010, 05:52 AM
MidnightMaiden's Avatar )O( Blessed Be )O(
DH and I could not decide on a boys name. I had had a girls name picked out for yearrrs Well before I even thought about having babies
I went and looked online for names, DH narrowed it down to a MUCH smaller list than what I had
But give that a try, or get your SO to look online for names HE likes and see if you guys can agree.
I completely understand about not wanting to settle Don't stress out though. I have known people who have spent the entire time in the hospital without naming their kid just to see if they could get one that would fit

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy

November 17th, 2010, 07:28 AM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
We had our name picked out before our LO was conceived but this time around we are having trouble with a boy name (not pg yet...just for future pregnancy). Have you tried any of these sites:

Popular Baby Names
nymbler.com
thinkbabynames.com
nameberry.com
November 17th, 2010, 07:34 AM
P*to*the*ORTIA's Avatar Portia
Send a message via ICQ to P*to*the*ORTIA
We had #1 & #2's names picked before I got pregnant. #3 was a little tough. I think it was a few weeks before he was born when we finally picked out a name.

Do you guys have a style of naming? If you list some theyre are lots of ladies here that could help with some ideas.

November 17th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
For number one we had decided on something a few months before she was born, with my last three we went to the hospital with a list (of about 10 names for each gender since we didnt find out the gender) and chose after they were born.

Have you tried both making lists (either from a name book or websites) and then going through each others list and picking at least two names you like from the others list? Or try putting the names that you both like into nymbler.com and see if it comes up with something you both can love?

Hope that helps!

November 17th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Purple654's Avatar Rhett's Mommy
Don't panic, you don't have to decide prior to his birth! I agree with the other ladies, both of you make a list and then compare them.

November 17th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
the first time around we brought a list to the hospital - 3 names for each gender since we had b/g twins. i think we had the girl's list for a couple of months beforehand but the boy's list didn't have any names on it until 2 weeks before i delivered.

this time we aren't finding out the gender so we need to come up with names for each again. again girl's names are narrowed down to 2, but we still don't really have any names that both of us love on the boy's list.

November 17th, 2010, 05:33 PM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
We had DS#1's name picked out around 18 weeks or so, DS#2 not until after the anatomy scan at 20 weeks, and this time we want a surprise so we're going to the hospital with a list of names even though we're pretty sure we know what we want to name him/her.

November 17th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've had Peter's name chosen since I was a little girl (My dad's name is Peter) but I had no ideas for girls names... Fortunately I don't have to worry about it yet!

November 19th, 2010, 01:31 AM
CountryGirl1982's Avatar Loving my son!
Thanks for the help ladies.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my wonderful siggy

November 19th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Voodoo_Lady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm due in 2 days and I THINK we finally picked a middle name last name. We didn't agree on the first name until about a month ago. You still have lots of time

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search