List 5 names you hear a lot but dislike

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2006, 10:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just curious!

I don't TOTALLY dislike these names, I am just sick of them more than anything.

Jaiden
Isabella
Sophia
Olivia
Brayden
June 2nd, 2006, 10:38 AM
*Stacey*'s Avatar life=laundry
Hannah
Jessica
Madison
Ella (or any form of it)
Jayden/Jade
June 2nd, 2006, 12:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sally,

You don't have to take offense, although I can understand. I have heard people say several times that they can't stand my son's names - but I don't care. When I chose the name for my second son, I put a poll on another popular name website and I chose the one people disliked most because i figured it would be less popular. Jaiden is nms..... But obviously, far more people love the name Jaiden than dislike it! THat is why it is so popular!

But i do understand your vent.
June 2nd, 2006, 12:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Gosh, I hope you are not talking about me. I try to be nice about what i say! And I TOTALLY believe that the person MAKES the name...not vice versa!
June 2nd, 2006, 01:16 PM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I understand your frustration... I personally have a "thing" against "popular" names, but you never really know if the name is going to BECOME popular or not, u know?

I come here b/c I can sometimes find interesting suggestions, even though I rarely post. But I have to admit, b/c I read here frequently, there are some names that you tend to see over and over and over lol.

Jaiden I havent heard all that much, but I know its supposed to be one of the popular names. I actually liked the name until my sons father named his last son Jaiden lol (esp since its commonly used as a girls name!).

But, there are some names that you do see all the time, and its kind of like having your room done a certain color for a long time, even though you used to like it, you dont after you hear it so many times.

Like - I know at least a dozen Makayla's, Emma's, MacKenzies, and Madison's (and just about any other "Mc" name).

My DH is into the "jennifer, jessica, allison" type names, and Im the exact opposite - it makes for some interesting conversations (to put it lightly) at our house! lol.

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
June 2nd, 2006, 04:32 PM
Eka09M
Quote:
I know exactly what you're talking about with the popular names. I'm almost afraid to ask an opinion on a name for fear that someone will see the name and use themselves lol. Stupid I know...[/b]
Ditto!!!!!
June 2nd, 2006, 06:05 PM
cheesecake's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think Jaidyn/Jaiden is an awesome name

Sherilyn

Sherilyn ~ Mama to Jade & Colt
June 2nd, 2006, 06:14 PM
mom2LyricStoryLegend's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2LyricStoryLegend
I don't really hate any names, some names are cute but I just like more original names. The names I hear the most are
Mckenzie
Isabella
Madison
Kaitlyn
Hailey

As far as this board goes, I think people for the most part are pretty nice and respectful. When I was preggo I went to another name site where all they did was make fun of baby names. That was the purpose of the whole board. They completely bashed both of my daughters names but I really didn't care. I just couldn't believe that people are that shallow and immature to devote a whole website to talk about other people's children's names.
June 4th, 2006, 08:02 AM
Sarah-Jean's Avatar Veteran
LOL Try not too take the name thing too much to heart. This board is pretty friendly from what I've seen of it.... Most name boards I go to bash my CURRENT children's names - let alone the ones I think of for any future children!

Personally, I run my own company, as does DH. And we get CVs and what-nots sent to us whether we ask for them and not. I never look at any of them unless they stand out and the ones that invariably stand out are those with unusual names. I rarely forget the names of those people and I've even kept some of the CVs for future reference incase either of us decide to expand and then I'll go back and head hunt through those people.

Besides, my kids are doomed apparently... I have a;
Tristan Martin
Jaeven Richard (Pro. JAY-ven)
Raistlin David (Pro. RAY-st-LIN)
Ashton Spencer (aka ASH as his initials are A.S.H!)

I chose to give them unusual names as a first name and normal names as a middle name because then I figured they could either go by their more unusual first name, or if they really couldn't stand it they could go by a normal middle name.... Or let's face it - they could just change their names altogether!

Popular or unpopular, common or unusual, people should name their children whatever they want. A name is only a name after all and doesn't have to be a permenant statement. It's not like getting a tattoo where you're marked for the rest of your life. If you really hate your name that much, you change it!

Love,

Sarah-Jean
I have 6 little Angel babies watching over me...

TTC Our Princess in October 06!!!
June 5th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
the names i hear ALL the time that i canNOT stand are AIDEN [boy] and EMMA [girl]

uuggggghhh. lol. i don't think they'd be bad at all if everyone wasn't naming their kids that!
June 5th, 2006, 06:45 PM
ladyellise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ladyellise
Olivia
John
Layla
Whyatt
Kane
<div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search