Can't make up my mind

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 29th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am going crazy here. I am Due in less than 5 weeks and still do not have a for sure boy name (or girl middle name, but I am not as worried about that). We had Eli picked out since the beginning pretty much, but now I am not feeling it as much.

Here are the names that are in the running...

Eli- I like (did love), but it is not feeling right anymore. DH still wants to use it, but I think it is just because he doesn't want to talk about it anymore. My cousin also said that there were 5 Eli's on her son's soccer team . While I don't know a single Eli IRL that freaked me out. I like names that everyone knows, but there is not a ton of them.

Evan- This name is feeling right to me. DH is not feeling it though. I am worried that it is to popular though. I don't know any Evan's myself, but it is high on the top 100 list. The only problem I really have with this name is that I want to read it Even.

Zachary (Zack)- This was the original name that we had pick out, but it was tossed out pretty quickly once I realized that Zack is a nickname for Issac (DS1). We do both love this name. Issac loves it too and keeps trying to tell me that the names do not sound alike.

I don't know what do you think??

As for the girl... Her name is going to be Jacie (Jay see), after my grandma. I want Kathrine as the middle name (DH's grandmother) and he wants Winter (I like, but it don't have any special meaning). I think I am going to win this one though because he does keep mentioning that it may be best for her not to have 2 unusual names.

December 30th, 2010, 07:20 AM
BlueEyes09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Of the 3 boys names I like Eli the best. If it's the one that you have been thinking about forever I know I would end up regretting I didn't use it, but that's just me. Also DH loves it. If you are concerned with the popularity can you make Eli a nick name? I wouldn't find it to be too much of a stretch to use any El- name and call him Eli for short.

Jacie is adorable, and it I don't think it is too odd or unusual to use with Winter, that is if you both want to use Winter. Otherwise Jacie Katherine is just fine too, and sounds very classic.

December 30th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't like Eli or Evan....I do like Zach, but it is close to Issac. I would definitely choose Kathrine over Winter.

A few suggestions

Noah- this one is ranked high, but I like it with Issac
Levi
Joel
Finn
Jude

December 30th, 2010, 09:23 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I like Eli and Evan. Evan is high on my list too, but it worries me how high in the rankings it is at the moment. So, I would probably go with Eli in your shoes, especially since your DH loves it. I think Zachary is too close to Isaac. I prefer Jacie Katherine... I usually like more unusual first names paired with a traditional middle name, and I like the fact that both grandmother's would be honored that way.

December 31st, 2010, 07:31 AM
dreamer10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Eli and Evan are both high on the lists right now. Sounds like you want more traditional names, but not real common names. Isaac was a great choice for that...we also have an Isaac. But it is really close to Zack. Maybe you could go with Elijah and then call him Eli if you want? Elijah may not be as common as just Eli. Levi is also a nice known but not as common name. I like that suggestion.

For a girl. I really like Jacie, it is really cute. I think you could go with just about anything with that. Common or not, its a pretty name, and I think girls can get away with more uncommon names than boys can. I am not sure I am a huge fan of Winter, but it is different, and kind of cute. I am not sure I like Katherine either, but thats just my opinion...not anything to back that up....

Our rainbow baby Brynlee Sue was born August 17th after four heartbreaking loses! Life is an amazing journey. Hang on, keep your faith and try to always move forward!
December 31st, 2010, 07:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I like Evan best.

Jacie Kathrine

Formerly known as "mommynina"

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
December 31st, 2010, 09:14 AM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
I like Zachary the best, I don't think its too close to Isaac especially if your Isaac doesn't go by Zac, if he does then I definitely wouldn't use it. How about Elias nn Eli? It's a lot less popular than Eli or Elijah. Or what about Levi? It has the same feel as Eli and Evan to me.

December 31st, 2010, 10:41 AM
*~ Joni ~*'s Avatar Jordana Jacoby & Jamason
Love Jacie Katherine

I like Zachary best of the 3 boy names and I think it's the least popular. Isaac and Zack don't sound too close to me. I love the Levi suggestion too though.

December 31st, 2010, 12:02 PM
Bedazzled's Avatar Mommy to my own superhero
First- I think Jacie Katherine is adorable As for the boy names, I like Eli and Evan and I think both go very nicely with your children's names. If you're wanting something slightly less common, how about:

Everett
Elias
Elliot (could still call him Eli)
Easton
December 31st, 2010, 04:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I love some of the sugestions! I love some of them, but they won't work because they are taken by others. I have a nephew named Levi. He is actually my DH's brother's stepson that we don't see enough for me to be bothered with the closeness between Levi and Eli though. Everett is my uncle's names. I love Elis, but one of the higher ups at my work named his newborn son that and I don't want to look like I stole it Noah is another nephew. DH does not like Elijiah or Jude. They were on my list.

December 31st, 2010, 04:50 PM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Of the boy names Eli would be my pick.However I'm like your son and don't think Issac and Zachary are that much alike especualy if he dosen't go by Zach.
For the girl names Jacie is cute just be prepared for a lot of people to call her "Jackie" by mistake.i love Winter paired with it.

January 3rd, 2011, 03:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree, Zack is too close to Isaac. Eli is nice, but I like it as a nn to Elliott, Elias or Elijah. How about
Isaac, Carly and Adler
Isaac, Carly and Graham
Isaac, Carly and Oliver (Oli)
Isaac, Carly and Tobias (Toby)
Isaac, Carly and Jonah
Isaac, Carly and Seth
Isaac, Carly and Brooks
Isaac, Carly and Blake
Isaac, Carly and Abram
Isaac, Carly and Gavin
Isaac, Carly and Gage
Isaac, Carly and Drake