Those of you with kids already...

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Jinxcat's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did/do you get a hard time when you chose your child's name?

I had to fight so hard for Jenavieve. How about you all?

</div>
June 7th, 2006, 09:58 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
Not with the first 2, but hubby did not want Angus for our 3rd. I did win but I had to strike a bargain with him, he had some terms I had to fulfill, lol.
Who gave you a hard time for Jenavieve? I like it. Jenna was on my short list for a girl this time but we are having a boy.

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
June 7th, 2006, 10:09 PM
dkmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we both agreed to damen michael really quick..........kendall rose is a complete other story. we agreed to kendall fairly quick, but never agreed on a middle name. finally he got tired of me coming up with other suggestion and him shooting them down he jsut gave in
June 8th, 2006, 01:16 AM
Sarah-Jean's Avatar Veteran
I was cruel - I didn't give my DH a choice!!! I figured that out of the baby making process he got all the fun bits and I got all the pain - so I got to choose the names!

Unfortunately DH didn't like my first name suggestion for Tristan (I wanted to call him William), but we did eventually agree on Tristan, which thankfully was a name DH loved. DH didn't agree to Jaeven until I was in labour, by the time it came to Raistlin I think he figured he had no more arguing in him! Although with Ashton he had a fair amount of choice in the name - it was between Ashton or Lucian!!! LOL

DH comes up with really naff names he wanted to call Jaeven, Roger!!! Ewwwwww!!!!!

Love,

Sarah-Jean
I have 6 little Angel babies watching over me...

TTC Our Princess in October 06!!!
June 8th, 2006, 05:33 AM
Eka09M
I didn't have a hard time at all.... I loved the name Brinlee for a long time and when we got pregnant and I mentioned it to DH, he fell in love with it and we knew thats what our daughter would be named. As far as middle names go, we went back and forth on a few middle names...... he didn't suggest any but the ones I did mention he didn't really like until I told him about Addisyn and it honoring my Grandfather...... he loved it, so we had a girl name decided right away! We weren't sure if we were having a boy or a girl yet, so I asked him what boy names he liked and the first thing out of his mouth was Landen... I loved it (at the time) so if Brinlee would have been a boy she would have been Landen... but we hadn't picked out a middle name when we found out we were actually having a girl. I'm over Landen now, I highly doubt we use it on our next children.
June 8th, 2006, 06:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We had a really hard time naming ours. I like names that are more normal. he likes names that are really really weird! so for our first one, I got tired of trying to come to an agreement with him and just handed him a list and said he had to pick one from it. he picked Kody. the best name he had picked out was Mikhail, which I still didnt want as a first name, but after we picked Kody I realized it went well with it and made it his middle name. For our second one we agreed on Corey. then we couldnt agree on a middle name so again I handed him a list. I knew which name he was gonna pick from it and I was right. he picked Benjamin. he likes long names also. so we used Benjamin for the middle name.
June 8th, 2006, 06:09 AM
Heather1628's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Heather1628 Send a message via Yahoo to Heather1628
I knew that if I had a girl I was going to name her Madison. Nick really didnt have a say it in, cuz not matter what i knew i WAS going to name my daughter that. But he must have liked it cuz he didnt say he didnt LOL. But I wanted a different spelling cuz Madison that is so boring to me so I made up my own sleeping of Maddisyn. Then her daddys middle name is Alexander and i was like how about Alexandrea since your middle name is Alexander and he loved it and i loved the idea.
June 8th, 2006, 06:12 AM
MamaBx3
Ohhh Raquel LOL
You know far too well about my story !

We had a really hard time choosing Nevaeh's name . I found it more stressful than anything lol
When we first found out I was pregnant ,we set on Kaia Brooklyn . Then we went away up north for a few days and told one of the other campers the name we chose.. She's like "ohh it sounds like a mentally handicapped person saying Kyle" Soo that ruined that name for us !
Then we decided on Ciara Brooklyn . But I was never overly excited about that name . Then Dakota mentioned that he liked Nevaeh . I didn't LOVE it at first , but I did like it. So we went with Ciara Nevaeh .
Then after I said the name over and over to people, Nevaeh really started to grow on me. So we ditched Ciara, and Nevaeh was middle-name-less for about 2 months .
Dakota asked me on msn one day if I liked Skyy . I said ya I did - It went beautifully with Nevaeh .
And it included the name "Kai" which we would have used in either genders names (Malikai&Kaia)
So that was it.

*ETA - I have no idea how the naming will go during my next pregnancy !! He has no idea what names he likes , and I tend to like more "out there" or "old fashioned" names . Geesh !!*
June 8th, 2006, 11:01 AM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
My hubby is the hardest person to name kids with. He hates every name I like ... but doesn't offer up his own suggestions. I'm going to try really hard to just force the name on him this time

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
June 8th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
brad really wanted tyrus. i liked it but i wasnt doing backflips over it. then i came up with ashton and he liked it and he picked cooper so really it was an equal decision. i was prepared to fight for ashton.

June 8th, 2006, 04:16 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
after we chose we did but before everyone said how much they liked it.

June 11th, 2006, 09:56 AM
JuneBug2006's Avatar Forever missing Gracie
Nope, no one disagreed with the name we had chosen....

Alexander Karl Joseph.......

Alexander - my mom's dad's name; he passed away when she was 13.
Karl - my dad's name.
Joseph - a saint's name
June 11th, 2006, 01:14 PM
4boys
We are one of those couples where I come up with the names and DH says NO without offering suggestions of his own (well, on rare occasion he will). And yet we have never really argued about it either. We always have this deal that I get to pick boy names and he picks girl names, but we have only ever had boys!

With Bailey, DH named him because in the end I could NOT come up with anything that I truly loved. So he suggested Bailey in the hospital and I said "OK". Alexander was just a name we both liked.

With Toby it was fairly easy. We thought of Toby early on but thought we wouldn't use it because we have a friend with the name. In the end it was the only name we really loved so we decided to use it anyways. He was going to be Toby Ethan b/c DH liked Ethan but once he was born, I axed Ethan because even though I like it, it's too popular. Macaiden became his mn, which is too long of a story to tell here. Basically, I dreamed up the name, literally.

With Benjamin, I had Judah and Benjamin picked out. At the hospital DH just said to me "You get to pick it" so I did. Phillip is after him.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search