Has a friend or family member ever......

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Eka09M
Used a name that was on your list that you LOVED on one of their children? If so, did they ask you if it was ok? Did it upset you or were you ok with it?

My sister *almost* did this to me.... my daughter's name is Brinlee Addisyn and she wanted to name her daughter Emalee Maddison wish is WAY too close to my daughter's name and the sole purpose of me using Addisyn was to honor my Grandfather whose middle name is Madison. This really made me mad, luckily I suggested a different middle name (Danielle) and she used it!
June 8th, 2006, 12:19 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
Not yet! My little brother had his kids a decade before me and no one else but me has had any since. My sister has always wanted to name her son Tyler Michael, Michael after our Dad, so I would never use either.
I would be very hurt if my sis did that to me, but I know she wouldn't.

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
June 8th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Jenny Lee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, DH and I had the name Victoria Rene picked out before we found out our first was a boy. My sister ended up using Renee for her daughter Stacia, and a friend of mine used Victoria for her daughter's first name. To be honest, I was a little irritated when my sister used Renee, but I got over it really quick. What if I never have a daughter? Can nobody else I know use the name ever? No, that's stupid. I think Stacia Renee is beautiful anyway. As for Victoria, that name isn't even on my short list anymore. (Not that it's not a lovely name, IMO). We have another name in the top spot right now...IF we do decide to have one more baby and it happens to be a girl.

June 8th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
not us. we definitely picked out a name that hadnt been used and no one else was pregnant at the time so we didnt ask. there is a family name of Lane on brads side of the family. my sister in law used it for her son and has since taken some kind of claim to it and gets really mad when there is another lane popping up. she even uses it for her last name at work.

June 8th, 2006, 04:12 PM
MamaBx3
No, no one has done that to me . I would be mad though LOL
June 8th, 2006, 04:13 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No, although people have used names Ive like when I was younger

June 9th, 2006, 07:01 PM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
Sort of happened to me.. The name Cameron was really starting to grow on me (I've lost most interest in it now though), and my aunt and uncle used it on their little boy they had in December of 05.. But so far, that's the only name and it doesn't bother me because they had thought of it first. I wouldn't use it now.

Me and my sister both like Kenzie, but I know she likes it more then I do, so I don't mind letting her have it.
June 9th, 2006, 10:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
nope b/c i haven't had any children, but when i am pregnant, i will make surethat no one steals my name! i get jealous like that..
plus, i grew up being the only girl with my name in my classes all through school.. so yeah

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search