Need name ideas for #3

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2011, 05:08 PM
Super Mommy
Hello, new here! I haven't even gotten pregnant yet (this is our first month TTC #3, fingers crossed it won't take long), but I'm starting in on the baby names.

I have two boys: Alexander Thomas (Alex) and Benjamin James (Ben) . I'm looking for names for #3 that go well with those names....for both boy or girl (we're not planning on finding out sex). Bonus points if the name starts with C (to keep with the A, B, C theme...), but it's not necessary.

I think Christopher goes well, but I'm not terribly fond of "Chris" or "Topher" as nn. DH and I both kinda like Claire Elisabeth for a girl, but not sure it goes well?

Our last name begins with an E, and is two syllables. I really like the name Nicole, but it doesn't work with our last name at all.

Here are some of the names I'm thinking of
Aubrey (Bree)
Claire
Olivia (Livi)
Alayna (seems too "new" to go with our boys' names)
Lauren
Amelia (Lia)

Christopher (don't really care for Chris as nn)
Charles (Charlie)
Anthony (don't like Tony as nn)
William (Will or Liam)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
February 1st, 2011, 07:25 PM
Mei Mei's Avatar Veteran
Oooh, your boys' names are so handsome! From the names you are considering, I love
Claire, Amelia and Olivia. Lauren is fine, but a bit bland to me. I do think Alayna seems too new (though Elena would be beautiful!) and I would put Aubrey in this category too, as it's only been used recently for girls. Audrey, however, is very classic.

Christopher is fine, a bit boring. I do really like Kit as a nickname though, or Toph. Charles is super handsome, as is William. Anthony is fine, just not to my tastes.

Clara
Charlotte
Catherine
Caroline
Corinne / Corinna
Carina
Calista
Claudia
Cassandra
Cordelia
Cora
Christine / Christina
Camilla / Camille
Chloe
Juliet
Francesca
Cecilia
Louisa
Margaret
Elizabeth (I love the nickname options here, Ellie, Elsa, Elsie, Liz, Eliza, Betsy, etc.)
Lucy
Eva
Iris
Lydia
Josephine
Adela
Lila
Violet
Isabel
Genevieve
Fiona
Eleanor
Molly
Lillian
Vivienne
Rose

Colin
Cormac
Christian
Callum
Caleb
Conor
Julian
Henry
Oliver
Sebastian
Daniel
Adam
Edward
Peter
Victor
Gabriel
Jude
Miles
Theodore
Samuel
Vincent
Elliot
Nicholas
Stephen
Leo

February 1st, 2011, 11:05 PM
Baby Names Host
Send a message via AIM to carlyheartsphil
Alexander, Benjamin and...

Calvin
Connor
Carter
Cameron
Gregory
Dominic
Simon

Charlotte
Caroline
Cecilia
Cordelia
Corinne
Clarissa
Carissa
Camille
Christina

February 2nd, 2011, 05:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi! I hope your next is a girl! I have two boys, and had a girl 3rd - what a blessing it is to have two boys and a girl!
How about:
Victoria (Tori)
Rebecca (Becca)
Delilah (Lila)
Jillian
Susannah
Rachel
Sylvia

I think Christopher is perfect! I love the suggestion of Kit as a nickname! I love that Christopher is a Saint's name - and has a nice meaning.
February 2nd, 2011, 05:51 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks for the replies you guys!

I really like Camilla, but that's my niece's name. Elizabeth is my half-sister's name. Katherine is my other half-sister's name.

I like Samuel, Nicholas, and Christopher might start growing on me. I'll have to think some on Molly, Victoria and Claudia...kinda like those!

I can't even imagine having a girl. Of course, I'd be in heaven if I did...but I just really think this next one will be a boy. Maybe I'm protecting myself from disappointment (I've always wanted a girl and just knew my first was going to be a girl...then just knew my second would be a girl... ).
February 3rd, 2011, 09:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I thought my 3rd would be a boy too. We did the shettles method for a girl...guess it worked! At the nuchal scan, I asked the tech what she thought the sex was and she said 86% sure it was a boy. So when I went to my 20 weeks u/s...what a surprise we got when they said GIRL! I still didn't believe it until she was born.

Sending PINK DUST your way!!

Here's a few more girl name ideas:

Scarlett
Sophia/Sophie
Ivy
Emmaline or Emmeline (Emmie/Emma)
Cecilia (Cecily/CiCi)
Evelyn (Evie)
Sela
Eden
Shiloh
Celeste (Estie)
Sabrina
Millicent (Millie)
Evangeline (Eva)
Sadie
Daphne

Last edited by mlbsnb; February 3rd, 2011 at 09:36 AM.

Tags
classic names , traditional names

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search