Brooklyn for a boy

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 11th, 2006, 06:45 AM
Meagan1026's Avatar Regular
We like the name Brooklyn for our son, can you suggest any middle names?

Us in Vienna...October 2004

June 11th, 2006, 07:37 AM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
Brooklyn James
Brooklyn Michael
Brooklyn Lee
Brooklyn Kai

..Sorry, not very good at mn suggestions.
June 11th, 2006, 08:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Brooklyn Porter
Brooklyn Pierce
Brooklyn Conner
Brooklyn Wesley
Brooklyn Derek
Brooklyn Hunter
Brooklyn Trey
Brooklyn Riley
Brooklyn Oliver
Brooklyn Micah
Brooklyn Malakai
Brooklyn Ivan
Brooklyn Liam
Brooklyn Asher
Brooklyn Ashton
Brooklyn Michael
Brooklyn Zayne
Brooklyn Xavier

June 11th, 2006, 11:10 AM
Eka09M
I kinda like Brooklyn for a boy.... but my DH would never go for it!!!! Will he go by Brooklyn or Brook or another nick name?

Brooklyn Cale
Brooklyn Alder
Brooklyn Calek
Brooklyn Eli
Brooklyn Elliott
Brooklyn Isaac
Brooklyn Judd
Brooklyn Liam
Brooklyn Maddox
Brooklyn Porter
Brooklyn Reese
Brooklyn Wesley
Brooklyn Wade
Brooklyn Xavier
Brooklyn Zander
June 11th, 2006, 11:14 AM
ladyellise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ladyellise
Even though I think that Brooklyn is more suited for a girl, Brooklyn Isaiah is cute.
<div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div>
June 11th, 2006, 12:12 PM
x_Emma_x's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like it also - David Beckham named his son that right

Will miss everyone!!</div>
June 11th, 2006, 01:12 PM
welshmommytobe's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
I like it also - David Beckham named his son that right[/b]
Yeah i was just thinking that too, i love all his childrens names, very unique (or at least they were when he used them).

As far as suggestions go i like...

Brooklyn Connor
Brooklyn James
Brooklyn Carter
Brooklyn Aaron

What is your surname? You kinda need something thats going too flow well with both Brooklyn and your last name.

BTW I love the name you picked, and i think Brooks is a really cute nickname!

<div align="center"></div>
June 11th, 2006, 02:24 PM
MamaBx3
I LOVE Brooklyn for a boy, and boy ONLY !

Choosing a middle name would be very hard for me to do if it was my baby .

Hmm .. here are some suggestions :

James
Jacob
Isaiah
Trey
Sage
Zachary
Lance
Kade
June 13th, 2006, 12:54 PM
BABYandris's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i wanted to name my son BROOKLYN RYAN but my boyfriend isnt having it.....
June 13th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Eka09M
I've been thinking about this name for a boy more and more since I first read your post........ I'm loving it now, going to add it to my list even though I know DH will never go for it LOL
June 13th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Brooklyn is NMSAA, sorry. Back in the day it may have been unique but it is waaay trendy now and if I hear it one more time I'm gonna pull my hair out!
And no, definately not for a boy!

**Edited to say oops I kinda lost track of what the original post was....so just disregard my opinion on the name since u werent asking for a critique!**
June 13th, 2006, 08:37 PM
naturelover777's Avatar Regular
I ADORE and i mean ADORE the name Brooklyn on a boy! I LOVE IT! It's more boyish to me anyways!
Brook, and Lynn are originally male. I plan on using Brooklyn for one of my "future" sons.

I like Brooklyn Elliott.

</div>
June 13th, 2006, 08:56 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
Quote:
I personally would not name my son Brooklyn. The name itself and the spelling is VERY feminine looking esp with the lyn at the end. It ranked 78th as a girls name last year. The name didnt even ranked in the top 1,000 names for a boy. I just think that naming him that is only asking for future problems for him-JMHO!!! The nn Brook is even more feminine. Brooks is MUCH better and more masculine sounding.

I would definetly pair it with a non unisex name.......like Brooklyn Michael if you must use it.

Sally[/b]
This kind of response is part of why I won't post what I plan to name my child. She didn't ask for a critique of Brooklyn, she said they like the name for their son, she only asked for suggestions for middle names.

I do think Brooklyn Michael sounds nice, I also like Brooklyn Paul and Brooklyn James.

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
June 18th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Lilah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It is one thing to offer opinions but there are a few members on this board that say it with no tact what-so-ever. And I feel that EVERYONE should feel comfortable posting names without having to feel criticized. Of course not everyone is going to like names that you have chosen and people can offer opinions - but without putting others down. That is why so many people have stopped posting on this board. What a shame that people can't learn to be more respectful.

That said, I think Brooklyn is a cute name on a boy. What kind of middle name were you hoping for to go along with it? A more common/traditional name or a not so common name? It is hard to know what your personal naming style is with only one name. Have any of the middle names given stood out to you? I wish you the best of luck!
June 19th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Veteran
I know I'm a newbie here... but I think Brooklyn is a wonderful name for a boy or a girl. I think it's wonderful because that is what you and your mate picked for your baby. Don't listen to people's negative ideas about what to name your baby because it makes you second guess the name you have so carefully picked out for your little bundle of joy. When I told some people at my church about what my hubby and I planned on naming our little girl they kinda of looked funny at me and one lady even told me that the name sounded old to her. At first it hurt my feelings that she said that but my hubby made a good point it's not what she thinks it's what we think is right. By the way we decided to name her Morgan Victoria(middle name is after her grandma). So my point is stick with Brooklyn. Oh I think Brooklyn Alexander is cute for a boy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search