Sibling Names "going" Together .

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 11th, 2006, 03:39 PM
MamaBx3
How important is it to you ?

It's really important to me .

I think it's just because Nevaeh is such a trendy name .. I don't think I could use ; Nevaeh and Grace or, Nevaeh and Josephine .
or
Nevaeh and Parker. , Nevaeh and Jacob etc.

I think we will go for another unique and some what unusual name for our next child .
June 11th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Jen25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well...thats tricky, lol. My siblings and I all had "J" names (Jennifer, Joshua, and Janel). My kids names go together just becuase we like surnames and happen to like a lot of presidant names. So it just kinda happened with us, it wasnt planned from the start or anything. Although, I wouldnt give one child a "trendy" name and the next one a "plain" name(but I would never use a plain name, lol)

June 11th, 2006, 03:44 PM
MamaBx3
LOL
Thanks Jen !

Do you plan on using another president name for your next ?
June 11th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Jen25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep! We figured we might as well keep it up, lol. I have always wanted to name a girl Kennedy, way before we ever picked out Lincoln. My dh actually picked out Lincoln, but after I looked at president names I found a lot of cute ones, so just decided to stick with them, kwim?

June 11th, 2006, 04:12 PM
MamaBx3
Aww ! That's so cute ! And a really neat idea.
June 11th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
it's important. i wouldn't give one a classic ad one a trendy name either.. but i don't know. they don't have to perfect or anything..
June 11th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
i want them to flow together.

my sister and i both have R names. i wouldnt want to make sure they are the same letter but i want them to sound nice together.

June 11th, 2006, 07:18 PM
ladyellise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ladyellise
Yeah, I think it's important for the names to go together
<div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div>
June 11th, 2006, 07:22 PM
dkmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i think it is somewhat important. i mean if i had one child named Hope, I wouldn't name the other Zahara kwim?
i have 2 kids with fairly trendy names that i think go together - Damen & Kendall. and we even went one step further giving them both classic middle names, Michael and Rose.
June 11th, 2006, 07:24 PM
mom2LyricStoryLegend's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2LyricStoryLegend
I definitely want to stick to unusual names. I think it will be sooooo hard for me to come up with another girl's name. I really like True but I think True and Story go a little TOO well together and it is kinda corny.
June 12th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
Yeah I think they have to go together so I could never name my 6th kiddo Megan or Jacob it just totally wouldn't go, no trendy or classic names for me. One stipulation for the girls names is that it has to be 3 syllables ending in an a sound, From my name on down we all have the 3 syllables and the a ending. Which is actually nice because it narrows down the playing field quite a bit when searching for the perfect name.

With The boys names I think we are just keeping it unique and original.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 14, Xandria 12, Thayer 11, Alorah 9, Nathalia 7, Malayna 5, Sawyer 3 and Ryder 2
Make a pregnancy ticker

June 12th, 2006, 08:36 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I want all our kids names to go together. Like Jen, we are all J names in my family (John & June--parents, John, Jenn, Joe, Jaclyn). We're heading on an irish theme with our kids. Our second child will be Colin if a boy or Ailish if a girl. Other names we've got waiting in the wings are Lochlan (boy) and Shannon (girl).

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

June 12th, 2006, 08:45 AM
MamaBx3
Quote:
I definitely want to stick to unusual names. I think it will be sooooo hard for me to come up with another girl's name. I really like True but I think True and Story go a little TOO well together and it is kinda corny.[/b]
I love the name True !
I think you could pull it off !
June 12th, 2006, 09:51 AM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
For myself, the names don't have to match, but I do like them to go together somewhat, at least the girls, just so that I don't have one with a "prettier" name than the other. For example, I wouldn't have an Isabella and then a Hortense. Not that I would have a Hortense anyways, lol. We have a long last name though so I gravitate towards short first names, which kind of makes them all go anyways.
We didn't have a theme in mind but after my kids were already named a friend pointed out that we had a Jack and a Gus, like the mice in Cinderella, and a Mia Isabella - that was an unintentional parallel

Quote:
I definitely want to stick to unusual names. I think it will be sooooo hard for me to come up with another girl's name. I really like True but I think True and Story go a little TOO well together and it is kinda corny.[/b]

There's always Truly or Truth as well. Or Verity, which has the same meaning.

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
June 19th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Jami_Michelle's Avatar Veteran
My kids names both start with "S" and then they have a old fashion middle name, I wish I could keep the "S" thing going but I dislike all "S" boy names, but if its a girl I will continue the "S" thing with Savanna Elizabeth, but hopefully its a boy!!!! I dont really like the boys name but its the only thing SO likes, (Hayden Christopher)I am not sure I am going to let it ride though! I like the name Hayden but just dont want to name my son that! However I do like Christopher as a MN cuz its SO's name!!

1/2 </span> inches long!!</div>[/b]</span>

<div align="center"></div>

<div align="center"></div>
June 19th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Veteran
I think that names should go together. Being that I am a twin my sister and I have names that go together. I am Cathy and she is Carla. In my family all of the girls have names starting with C and middle names beginning with L. This so that we all match my Dad's name which is Curtis and his middle initial which is L. When my Fiance and I do have kids we have already decided that all of the girls will have a name beginning with"S". We decided to do this to honor his daughter that passed away. We will also give our son( if we have one) the middle name Shad. That is to honor his little brother that passed.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search