The names you had to give up

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Marieke's Avatar Mommy to an angel
Are some names you LOVED but your SO was like: "NO WAY!!" and you had to cross that one out? I have some:

For a boy:
Derrick
Emile
Hakim
Jeremy

For a girl:
Aryanne
Maika
Malika

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

IVF #1 (september 2012): 11 eggs, none fertilized, no transfer
IVF ICSI #1 (may 2013), 1 blastocyst: (m/c 7 weeks )
FET #1 (october 2013), 1 blastocyst:

IVF ICSI #2 (april 2014): 5 eggs, 4 fertilized, 2 bad quality embryos, no transfer
IVF ICSI #2.1 (coming soon)
June 15th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Eka09M
Honestly, didn't have any with Brinlee because we knew if she was a girl her name would be Brinlee.

Now, the next child will be different because he says "NO WAY" to almost all of the names I've suggested..... grr!!!
June 15th, 2006, 09:56 AM
MamaBx3
Mine are :

Sophia
Violet
Piper
Grace
Isabel/Isabella

Greyson
Isaiah
River
June 15th, 2006, 10:28 AM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
Yeah, my boyfriend doesn't like any of my suggestions, especially for boys! Although, when I had Mikayla, we both decided that it fit her, we never had a set name going into the hospital. For the next one though, I'd like to have a few set ones..
June 15th, 2006, 11:57 AM
gavsmom's Avatar Veteran
Rees, Greyson, Jax, Thatcher, Davis, Brody
June 15th, 2006, 04:15 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
The first 3 were named exactly what I wanted them to be. I had to bargain for the 3rd baby (Angus) but I got my way. So far the one name I really want, hubby continues to veto, but I have faith that I can turn him on it eventually If not, that will be the name. (Which I am afraid to share, don't want to jinx it!)

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
June 15th, 2006, 07:14 PM
PiperJRL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to PiperJRL Send a message via MSN to PiperJRL Send a message via Yahoo to PiperJRL
With Johnny, my first, I was unsure about names. His dad really didn't care, so I was going to name him after his dad. I was at his aunt's one day looking at my pics of my ex and his brother, who passed away when he was 6 yrs old (my ex was 3) when I decided to name him after the uncle he never got to meet, Johnny Mack.

With Ricky, my second that was up in the air too. I had cheated on my b/f and was unsure about paternity. He did not know at the time about the pat. but he accused me of stuff even before I cheated. I waited till the day we were to leave the hosp. before I named him after my b/f, Richard James. Well, he ended up NOT being the father and says he'll always be like an uncle to Ricky. Funny thing is, the guy I cheated on my b/f....him name is James!!!!

When my SO told his family we were expecting, his step-brothers thought of Logan. Which we do both like and has a story for us behind it. We have a friend who is a HUGE and I do mean HUGE X-Men fan. Here's the proof. My SO's nickname happens to be Wolverine from our friend and Wolvie's real name is Logan. BTW...mine is Kitty/Shadowcat and our friend is Rogue. We were then stuck on a middle name. When I told my family, my dad asked I would give him something of my grandfathers. So Gene is his middle name, which is my grandfather and fathers' middle name too.

I was set on Elijah Joel and SO was stuck on Logan Mitchell, but when my dad asked that, I let my SO have the first name and I took the middle.

</div>
June 15th, 2006, 09:12 PM
bluebutterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I suggested Hayden's name he agreed right away so there was no disagreement there. But we could never settle on a girl's name. I wasn't really set on any but I loved Kennedy or Tatum at the time and got a BIG no to both.

Thank you tasha_mae for the awesome siggy!

June 15th, 2006, 11:06 PM
chlodoll
We could never realy settle on a girls name. He wanted Mira but didnt like it and I wanted Rhiannon but he didnt like it. Then we almost settled on Lacey and we found out it was a boy lol Whom he wanted to name Ishmael. I cut that one! We went with Isaiah which I dont really think he likes much! If he had told me why he wanted to use Ishamel (he just told me like two days ago why lol) i might have considered it!
June 16th, 2006, 04:29 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Skylar for a girl. DH refused it cuz his male cousin's name is Skylar. I just wanted to call her Skye.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
June 16th, 2006, 05:38 PM
mom2LyricStoryLegend's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2LyricStoryLegend
With Lyric we went through a million names, I can't even remember what they were. With Story, I really liked Brienna for her middle name but I couldn't talk DH into it. Although now I like Story Nevaeh better anyway!
June 16th, 2006, 08:13 PM
c_taylor820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to c_taylor820
Dh said no to almost every name I put out there.. my favorites were:

Boys:
Dylan, Elliot, Wyatt

Girls:
Chelsea (his sisters name), Kelsey, Haley, Megan, Hannah
June 16th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Marieke's Avatar Mommy to an angel
Quote:
With Lyric we went through a million names, I can't even remember what they were. With Story, I really liked Brienna for her middle name but I couldn't talk DH into it. Although now I like Story Nevaeh better anyway![/b]
Lyric and Story? How original! I like it How do you pronounce "Nevaeh", I've never heard that name before. I noticed a girl on here, her daughter has that name and I was wondering how you pronounce it

TTC since August 2008
6 IUIs:

IVF #1 (september 2012): 11 eggs, none fertilized, no transfer
IVF ICSI #1 (may 2013), 1 blastocyst: (m/c 7 weeks )
FET #1 (october 2013), 1 blastocyst:

IVF ICSI #2 (april 2014): 5 eggs, 4 fertilized, 2 bad quality embryos, no transfer
IVF ICSI #2.1 (coming soon)
June 17th, 2006, 05:38 AM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like Jayme-Leigh for a girl because SO's name is James Lee,,, I thought it was cute! He thought it was corny lol,, he won't even let me use it as a middle name! Also I like MiKayla as a middle name and he refuses.
For a boy I liked Isaiah and Christian, he doesn't like either!
Brody is better than the name he has picked for a boy tho,,,, Seven!

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

June 17th, 2006, 06:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Annabella Spring

Bella Rainn

and

Cadence (didn't have a middle name)
(I LOVE THE NAME CADENCE!!!!)

<div align="center">Our Family is Complete!!</span>
Jade Mackenzie 5
Hunter Riley 3
<span style="color:#FF99FF">Piper Allyson 14 weeks!
</div>
June 19th, 2006, 04:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I like Jayme-Leigh for a girl because SO's name is James Lee,,, I thought it was cute! He thought it was corny lol,, he won't even let me use it as a middle name! Also I like MiKayla as a middle name and he refuses.
Brody is better than the name he has picked for a boy tho,,,, Seven!
[/b]
Seven??? Lol...looks like someones been watching too much Seinfeld! Next thing you know he'll be suggesting Isosolese Kramer! I'd stick with Brody...
June 19th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
[quote]
[quote]
[color=#CC66CC]I like Jayme-Leigh for a girl because SO's name is James Lee,,, I thought it was cute! He thought it was corny lol,, he won't even let me use it as a middle name! Also I like MiKayla as a middle name and he refuses.

hah my brothers name is isaiah christian!

June 19th, 2006, 11:33 AM
dansgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There was a whole bunch of boy names my DH said "no" to. It is kinda frustrating...one day he will say he likes a name..then when I mention it like a week or two later..he is like no I don't like it..!! And doesn't even remember that he told me he did (or so he says! ) lol.

Girls:
Isabelle (it's the name of his best friend's dog)
Gabriella (he thought I just made it up!!!)
Lillian ( same as above)

(I had a Huge list of girls names one day I made him look at..and he said all my girls names were okay. I'm not sure if he was just saying that to appease me or if he really did)

Boys:
Caden
Ethan
Drew
Trevor
Trey
Colton
Gage

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search