Still searching for a Boys name for Aug 4th Due Date

Forum: Baby Names

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Names LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2006, 07:52 AM
Veteran
Hi everyone...

According to my ultrasound I'm having a little girl and am due Aug 4th. However, I don't really trust the ultrasound because it didn't sound all that confident... I think it said "likely a girl". DH and I have a girls name picked out: Shannon Tennette (tennette after my mom). However, I find boys names a lot harder (especially now that we know we're 'likely' having a girl).

The only name we've agreed on so far is Ryan Otto, but I'm not 100% on Ryan because I wonder if it's too short of a name to go with our last name, and Otto is also a short name. I'm hoping you guys can help me come up with other ones to take back to DH as suggestions. Here are the contraints.... we both like fairly classical/traditional/common names. We want our son to have a name that's all his own and not the same as anyone else really close in the family (distant cousins are fine). And... it has to work with our last name. Our last name is Dean... which rules out James as a middle name, as well as a number of other names, which you don't think of until you say them out loud... for example Christopher is out, because we don't want our son introducing himself as Chris Dean and then having to explain that he's a boy and his name is NOT Christine. LOL.

Here are the names that have been crossed off the list so far (because of other family members):
Bill/ William
David
Brian (which I love)
Christopher
Patrick
Ken
Doug
Nicholas
Jason
Shane
Justin
Robert
Ivan
Steven

What else are you guys able to come up with for us?

Edited to mention that we're definately going with Otto as a middle name (it's been passed down for generations as a middle name on DH side). So we need something that works with "Otto Dean" as a middle and last name.

June 16th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Heather1628's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Heather1628 Send a message via Yahoo to Heather1628
Out of your boys names i like Christopher & Nicholas the best. Here are some boy names I like: Trever, Wyatt, Conner, Aiden, Carter, Keegen, Mason, Zachary, Kyler, Corbin. Good Luck hon
June 16th, 2006, 09:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Your names are all lovely! I really like traditional, classic names too, but I tend to lean towards names that are a little more different (but still classic names)
Some suggestions I have are:
Dominic Otto Dean
Theodore Otto Dean
Nathaniel Otto Dean
Charles Otto Dean
Henry Otto Dean
June 16th, 2006, 10:30 AM
dansgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love the mn Tennette you have picked out for a giirl! Okay..some suggestions for a boy:

Daniel Otto Dean
Grant Otto Dean
Paul Otto Dean
Lance Otto Dean
Joshua Otto Dean
Isaiah Otto Dean
Michael Otto Dean
Andrew Otto Dean
Tyler Otto Dean
Brandon Otto Dean
Austin Otto Dean
June 16th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Veteran
Dansgirl... thanks so much on the compliment on Tennette (my mom's only ever met one other person with her name, and that was my grandmothers friend that she was named after).

I can NOT believe that I didn't include Michael in my list of names that was crossed out.... I happen to love the name Michael Otto Dean.... LOL... It's my husband's name!!!

Off your list I like Tyler and Brandon... I'll see what DH thinks of those. Also Tyler reminded me of Tyson which is also pretty good.

I don't know why boys names seem to be so much harder than girls names.

What do you think of Ryan Otto Dean? Do you think it's too many short names? It's been the front runner for boys names so far.

June 16th, 2006, 12:24 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
I don't think Ryan Otto Dean is too short. I actually like it best out of all the names suggested so far. Ryan Dean, yep I like it

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
June 16th, 2006, 11:54 PM
ladyellise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ladyellise
I really like Ryan Otto!! It's a nice name
<div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search